• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Don't trust the Russian or trains-Part 3

How many sessions until Kabouter gets annexed by some scrub AI country?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

Not much is right, I just got out of dodge, Burgundy seemed to be beating up France though, who didn't appear to have much of an army.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Not much is right, I just got out of dodge, Burgundy seemed to be beating up France though, who didn't appear to have much of an army.

Luckily the AI doesn't get rid of the army once built, like it does with the fleet. (they do lower the maintenance though just because the army was above the base value although the income was more than enough)

CloudWolf

Good ol' France. Always doing well when I don't want them to, and always messing up when I do need their help :'(
In my current SP game France is getting destroyed by Austria and Castille, which sucks because they are the only major power in the game that doesn't hate me :(

I'm so close to the Sweden is Not Overpowered achievement, but I'm never going to get those last two Pomeranian lands if this keeps up. Pomerania is protected by Austria, who is allied with Castille and they've got more than 200k units combined,

smjanssen

In my current SP game France is getting destroyed by Austria and Castille, which sucks because they are the only major power in the game that doesn't hate me :(

I'm so close to the Sweden is Not Overpowered achievement, but I'm never going to get those last two Pomeranian lands if this keeps up. Pomerania is protected by Austria, who is allied with Castille and they've got more than 200k units combined,

Haven't they got another minor ally which you can DoW then which is not protected by Austria?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Guys, remember, game in 7h 22m!

Its the final countdown *düdüdüdüdü*
for whoever gets thrown out today

I wont be able to join today, going on a meeting about the new international trade treaties that are being negotiated these days (TTIP and TRIP). Also, my motivation for crushing rebels isnt as high as for hunting young radical students :) Back on sunday!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We are starting this sunday imo. There will always be somebody who cant join. Also, Ive played on hotels in Berlin and Oslo, during conferences, while visiting people, during parties and basically at several dates. You just have to have your priorities straight man!

I wont be able to join today, going on a meeting about the new international trade treaties that are being negotiated these days (TTIP and TRIP). Also, my motivation for crushing rebels isnt as high as for hunting young radical students :) Back on sunday!

smh morfeo

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Are you sure the new treaty that you have a meeting about isn't called TITS?

CloudWolf

Guys, remember, game in 7h 22m!

I can't play unfortunately. I've got a date and I'm not Morfeo, so I'm not going to screw that up by playing EU4 :p

On a brighter note, I finally got that one achievement. Savoy became emperor and shit hit the fan. Me and France went to war for Pomerania (and some other lands that France had claims on), Great Britain started the league war, Venice went in for some Tuscan lands and Poland attacked Bohemia. Poor little Savoy.

Also, Austria ended up in a PU under Castille. Not sure if I like that, but I'm pretty certain it won't hold.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
One good note is that I think the nation-tiering seems to have worked, judging by the .gif map and player expansion rates. Even our good players seem to post AARs which involve tense struggles! I think the only mishap is Roboleon in Poland, which is definitely a full 5 after the AoW buffs and needs reranking. Somebody invade that man!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gamma is reporting that 1.8.1 beta is no longer available ?

Kabouter

Gamma is reporting that 1.8.1 beta is no longer available ?

Yeah, because the game has been auto-patched to 1.8.1 final for everyone.

One good note is that I think the nation-tiering seems to have worked, judging by the .gif map and player expansion rates. Even our good players seem to post AARs which involve tense struggles! I think the only mishap is Roboleon in Poland, which is definitely a full 5 after the AoW buffs and needs reranking. Somebody invade that man!

I think we might need to find mgo a special tier though.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think we might need to find mgo a special tier though.

I think that's more Qara being severely under-rated after being given several gifts by AoW. Most of the Muslim/Horde nations need re-examining in light of AoW. We'll have to do a rerarnk before next game.

Kabouter

I think that's more Qara being severely under-rated after being given several gifts by AoW. Most of the Muslim/Horde nations need re-examining in light of AoW. We'll have to do a rerarnk before next game.

It still starts with like 1/3 the base tax of Timurids.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It still starts with like 1/3 the base tax of Timurids.

yeah, but the timurids got fuuuuucked compared to 1.7. In 1.7 they usually ended the game controlling half of Asia, now they collapse to rebels almost immediately. Makes life easier for everyone around them.

Uzzy

Well, that was a fun night. I completed my carpet siege of Serbia and retook Dalmatia and took Hum and Travunia, both of which are giving me Bosnian Nationalists. Woo. I also managed to vassalize Ragusa, and I'll be annexing them next session.

I also allied with Austria. I figured that as there didn't seem to be much interest in a coalition against Austria forming, I may as well join em and stay safe. Sure, it makes it nearly impossible to expand in northern Italy, but at least I'm secure in what I've got and can expand elsewhere. So things were nice and peaceful, right up until Austria called me into a defensive war against the Ottomans. Oh boy.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
yeah, but the timurids got fuuuuucked compared to 1.7. In 1.7 they usually ended the game controlling half of Asia, now they collapse to rebels almost immediately. Makes life easier for everyone around them.
That hasn't been the case so far at least. The only tangible effect the rebels have had (besides helping me fight the Timurid armies) is to cause Afghanistan to revolt away; but even then the Timurids simply reconquered most of it. What's working against the Timurids is that they can't deal with the attrition. Their army just wilts away in the Persian mountains, which gives them huge war exhaustion. Plus, they're two military tech levels behind me. AI hordes simply are not very good at keeping up in tech. Unfortunately, even at no manpower the Timurids will just keep spamming mercs, whereas my economy is weak and I can barely afford to fund 20k soldiers (my force limit is 29). My vassals have helped immensely in boosting my overall troop count.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That hasn't been the case so far at least. The only tangible effect the rebels have had (besides helping me fight the Timurid armies) is to cause Afghanistan to revolt away; but even then the Timurids simply reconquered most of it. What's working against the Timurids is that they can't deal with the attrition. Their army just wilts away in the Persian mountains, which gives them huge war exhaustion. Plus, they're two military tech levels behind me. AI hordes simply are not very good at keeping up in tech. Unfortunately, even at no manpower the Timurids will just keep spamming mercs, whereas my economy is weak and I can barely afford to fund 20k soldiers (my force limit is 29). My vassals have helped immensely in boosting my overall troop count.

What's the date now? Because of how unrest works, I think the rebels take a while to build up, but once the bulwark is broken, they just don't stop. Timurids become a permanent rebel-swamp. same thing can happen to Ming - I've seen a Ming spend literally spend a century and a half in permanent revolt before.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chimu AAR
??? - 22/07/1491

Summary:

The Wittelsbach Dynasty rises again in the form of Chimu! I inherited a war with pathetic Quito, as well as 5 loans I quickly paid off because fuck interest. Then came the waiting and waiting and waiting for manpower/gold to recover. I diplomatically vassalized Chachapoya in the meantime, and fed them Cajamarca. In hindsight, that was a bad move, because I need it as a core to turn into Incas. Once Cusco got in a war with Charca, I took the opportunity to siege a few provinces and pincer their army with my mercenaries/vassal. Now I'm in the process of sieging provinces and waiting for warscore to tick up.

I wonder if I should vassalize them and inherit the Charca war?

Provinces Gained: Ansbach

Vassals Gained: Chachapoyas (Chachapoya, Mayobomba)
Provinces Gained: Cajamarca, Quito, Esmeraldas

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
What's the date now? Because of how unrest works, I think the rebels take a while to build up, but once the bulwark is broken, they just don't stop. Timurids become a permanent rebel-swamp. same thing can happen to Ming - I've seen a Ming spend literally spend a century and a half in permanent revolt before.
1491. What's disappointing is that I drove their war exhaustion up beyond 10, yet within a few months after the war ended they had almost no unrest in most of their provinces. A Shia revolt did break out near my border, but it was quickly crushed. At this point, I might be doing them a favor by taking those Shia provinces off their hands.

fanboi

Banned
Scotland AAR
22/07/1491

Started and finish annexing Wales. I diplovassalized Cornwall and started the annexing process. Took Meath from Brittany.

Otherwise... rebuilt my army and almost my fleet. In one year the truce with England will end.

http://i.imgur.com/UNh603o.gif

Edit: Because Roboleon dont use a proper browser.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Poland AAR
22/07/1491

Summary:

Very eventful session, even though events did not unravel quite in the way I had envisioned. At the end of last session I noticed the huge coalition that agressive-expanding Brandenburg had against him, and decided to join in as this was as good a chance as any to free Gdansk from German tyranny and oppression. Unfortunately, the aggro as fuck Swedish AI - which was also in the coalition against BB - went on ahead and declared first, which basically made the whole war rather pointless for me. So I remained rather passive, partly also because my AI Lithuania decided to camp out back home for the longest while, whether I set them to supportive or aggressive. After some impressive play by Jazz he easily managed to peace out against Sweden and even got them to concede defeat. Kudos!

Afterwards, Sweden continiued to be agressive and declared against Novgorod, a war which went well enough, especially after Hansa white peaced out, but again the AI was acting dumb as hell. E.g. after we made a tactial retreat to reshape, the "supportive" AI went head on with the big Swedish army in turns, Lithuania even dividing their army up in small stacks to attack with :D

Gotta love the AI!

Anyway, time to refocus. Brandenburg now having the very powerful Austria and the only Western Continental Europe remaining human power Burgundy as allies, and basically no competition at all within the HRE as both Bavaria and the Hansa is out of the game, means a stalemate is pretty much guaranteed for good while on my western border, since whoever attack will have Austria against them.

CloudWolf

Poland AAR
22/07/1491

Summary:

Very eventful session, even though events did not unravel quite in the way I had envisioned. At the end of last session I noticed the huge coalition that agressive-expanding Brandenburg had against him, and decided to join in as this was as good a chance as any to free Gdansk from German tyranny and oppression. Unfortunately, the aggro as fuck Swedish AI - which was also in the coalition against BB - went on ahead and declared first, which basically made the whole war rather pointless for me. So I remained rather passive, partly also because my AI Lithuania decided to camp out back home for the longest while, whether I set them to supportive or aggressive. After some impressive play by Jazz he easily managed to peace out against Sweden and even got them to concede defeat. Kudos!

Afterwards, Sweden continiued to be agressive and declared against Novgorod, a war which went well enough, especially after Hansa white peaced out, but again the AI was acting dumb as hell. E.g. after we made a tactial retreat to reshape, the "supportive" AI went head on with the big Swedish army in turns, Lithuania even dividing their army up in small stacks to attack with :D

Gotta love the AI! .
GODDAMNIT! Why AI, why?!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Come join the war against the Ottos, Roboleon!

Didn't you join the war against Roboleon yesterday? Something tells me his excitement isn't going to be too great for this idea.

MMHMM.gif

Uzzy

Didn't you join the war against Roboleon yesterday? Something tells me his excitement isn't going to be too great for this idea.

Sure, but Venetian troops stayed at home for the duration of that war. We didn't actually fight.

The Ottomans, on the other hand, could do with being kicked out of the Balkans. That'd give us both some room to expand.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure, but Venetian troops stayed at home for the duration of that war. We didn't actually fight.

The Ottomans, on the other hand, could do with being kicked out of the Balkans. That'd give us both some room to expand.

Ever heard about "Its the thought that counts"? :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ah yes, the tried and true "kick Ottomans out of Balkans" plan that's worked so well for Venice in the past.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah yes, the tried and true "kick Ottomans out of Balkans" plan that's worked so well for Venice in the past.

I seem to remember a certain Colkate leveraging quite well..

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I actually saw the AI doing that in a SP game recently, I was amazed.

I have a game going right now where Ramazan is the primary Anatolian power and Serbia and Bulgaria have split the Balkans between them. The Ottomans don't exist. I have no idea what happened, either, as I started as Bagelkhand and couldn't see them.

Kabouter

I have a game going right now where Ramazan is the primary Anatolian power and Serbia and Bulgaria have split the Balkans between them. The Ottomans don't exist. I have no idea what happened, either, as I started as Bagelkhand and couldn't see them.

Likely rebels, the multi-ethnic and multi-religious nature of the Ottoman empire, to a far greater degree than others, introduces an element of potential instability when war exhaustion runs up too much (for instance in wars against Austria). It can happen that the Ottoman empire loses all of Greece, Bulgaria etc. to rebels. Vijayanagar is another common victim of this.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I laughed. The juxtaposition is uh... something else. On the other hand, this is now how I imagine all of Uzzy's wars went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom