• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

SamuraiX-

Thread Title said:
welcome to the carnival of stupid

Holy God... :lol :lol

The new thread title had me busting up for a good few minutes after remembering back when this shit was still a mere 5 pages. :lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope that when MGS4 gets a trophy patch, "Carnival of Stupid" is the name of the trophy you get when you complete the first part of Act 3.

Kyoufu

industrian said:
I hope that when MGS4 gets a trophy patch, "Carnival of Stupid" is the name of the trophy you get when you complete the first part of Act 3.

Maybe if Ryan Payton was still at KP. :(

2d293t1.jpg

gkryhewy

Crisis said:
Hey guys. I'm just stopping in to say that this is the single most appropriate title ever given on NeoGAF. Great work to the mod who changed it.

Oh don't act above it all - you've been damage controller in chief in here :lol You're a carney like the rest. Carney.

lawblob said:
Damnit, the new title pulled me in! :lol

I haven't been online since yesterday, so when I look for the MGS thread, I'm like "WTF? Where is it!?" Then I look through my previous posts and see the thread title changed. :lol

BTW, any new info or are we still in "LULZ" mode?

DrPirate

Banned
Amazing how I knew this thread title was this thread before entering...

Well done GAF. Well done.

Also: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
21n475v.jpg

Okay, here's what's going on for those who are out of the loop - or simply don't know what's going on.

On Saturday, December 6th (today) - Famitsu let slip that the "huge announcement" is actually Metal Gear Soda. The flash splash-screen that a good lot of you have already looked at is for a Metal Gear ARG that is going to tie in with the soda line-up on November 12th.

Famitsu withdrew the statement, but shagg_187 was able to copy it:
METALGEARSODA日本2009年1月1日に発売される。それに加え、 METALGEARSODAはフリーDLCとしてエネルギードリンクの代用としてMGS4 " REGAIN "利用できるようになります

This image was also posted in the article:
ojpjjl.jpg

This is an example for a design competition that will be held on a monthly basis for the product's run. Consumers will be able to submit artwork to Konami, and the best submission will be printed on the month's run of the soda. The artwork will also be packed as a poster in Famitsu Magazine and Shonen Jump.

Currently, only three flavors are known:

Ocelot Orange
Liquid Snake Grape
Solid SassperSnakeilla

JimmyV

Banned
why does everyone think this is a game for the 360? The power button is the same on the PS3 too.....heck, its kind of the universal power button.

jimmbow said:
why does everyone think this is a game for the 360? The power button is the same on the PS3 too.....heck, its kind of the universal power button.
You're a bit late. It's actually an ad campaign for Metal Gear Soda.

SamuraiX-

jimmbow said:

But it's a GREEN universal power button! Don't you see!?

Damn, man. Don't start none... won't be none... you hear?

U K Narayan said:
Okay, here's what's going on for those who are out of the loop - or simply don't know what's going on.

On Saturday, November 6th (today) - Famitsu let slip that the "huge announcement" is actually Metal Gear Soda.

Today is Saturday December, not November, 6th.

I've read as much of this thread as I can handle and I honestly don't know if you're telling the truth. Even if you say "yeah, that's it, I'm completely serious" I still won't know. One every page of this thread there's some joker who hasn't been banned offering contradictory insider info.

I may never know.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
True question: How many of you realize that Chin Chin is Japanese slang for penis?

JimmyV

Banned
These threads are the best! Its the kind that when I'm bored at work I can just F5 and know there will be something new!!!

mintylurb

LiveFromKyoto said:

I've read as much of this thread as I can handle and I honestly don't know if you're telling the truth. Even if you say "yeah, that's it, I'm completely serious" I still won't know. One every page of this thread there's some joker who hasn't been banned offering contradictory insider info.

I may never know.
He isn't.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
thetrin said:
True question: How many of you realize that Chin Chin is Japanese slang for penis?

Wait... so the soda isn't real??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SamuraiX-

LiveFromKyoto said:

I may never know.

2jeohmr.gif

LiveFromKyoto said:

I may never know.
Typo. Fixed it in the post.

And, yes, the soda is totally real.

Top Bottom