• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Did you reformat or something after uninstalling
Nope, but for some reason when I reinstalled the game the save wasn't in the documents folder anymore. Not sure if the installation just wrote over it or if I deleted them a while ago while doing a routine clean up of unused files thinking they were backed up or something.

Nope, but for some reason when I reinstalled the game the save wasn't in the documents folder anymore. Not sure if the installation just wrote over it or if I deleted them a while ago while doing a routine clean up of unused files thinking they were backed up or something.

I'm guessing the latter, cause I reinstalled the game today to the same Steam drive it was installed to before and my save game persisted. Sorry mate.

At least it will be easier for you to find the "new" content. :grumble grumble:

So is Super Time Force decently long with a good amount of levels? I want to get it but I'm curious about the amount of playtime I can get out of it.

Arthea

I hit paywall in Gems of War, bye bye Gems of PQ
that was rather fast! in 4 hours?
They don't let people to get even properly addicted to a game, such impatience! (><)

HGStormy

Banned
What a magical number.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 69 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HGStormy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spirits -- MB-89BB9E4A1ED7C5BF - Taken by XDDX
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-EE6EFA3DECF1AFFC - Taken by Threads
Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" -- MB-4143C385EFA2E5E5 - Taken by ViviOggi
Insurgency (2) -- MB-BDF87AE5A504F489 - Taken by Broadbandito
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-7D064AE7DDC8E280 - Taken by nja
Dustforce DX -- MB-64A6FE53B45FF9AC - Taken by darkchewie
Rise of the Argonauts -- MB-E616D64209C72BD2 - Taken by Pakkidis
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-7D8E52BB11D2FC18 - Taken by r3n4ud
Paranautical Activity -- MB-71C9930C86445FA3 - Taken by electroflame
Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-3FC6FB305C755224 - Taken by Accoun
Monaco: What's yours is mine -- MB-C9DFFFAAD563718C - Taken by Blu(e)
Worms Pinball -- MB-98BA162EE0A4D7A8
Worms Crazy Gold -- MB-B1FDF92E781EC815 - Taken by iosefe
The Guild 2 Collection -- MB-A582957999366569 - Taken by Ronik
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-DD4587BA821E1A28 - Taken by Ghost Slayer
Real World Racing Bundle -- MB-BEADE51DEFEEA3E1 - Taken by Ruruja
Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-E8BAE23DEC6729CD - Taken by corrosivefrost
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-324F6E7368015467 - Taken by anastef
Anachronox -- MB-682192536858CFFF - Taken by M*A*S*H
Shank -- MB-61AF3E2BE6DC5388 - Taken by Varg
Lone Survivor: Director's Cut -- MB-53C7C155012F7FBF - Taken by tav7623
Osmos -- MB-0D8991806567F03A
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-DE3BD983D336373A - Taken by Coldsun
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-5B8E2EAFED11B442 - Taken by hohoXD123
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-459A6D13026D17A8 - Taken by macfoshizzle
Worms Armageddon -- MB-7D3A920BE719D84F - Taken by Rogue Agent
Shadow Man -- MB-53357DA8A9BE64DB - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1B70028FB38BF619
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples 3 -- MB-03CB6E9BEA71613A - Taken by Sharkiller
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-6E0CDB749B8D5D65 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Daikatana -- MB-77B9DB6E90D0B48D - Taken by Gaz Pwnage
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-7DC7066ED6ACE8DE - Taken by kafiend
Mini Ninjas -- MB-94D33E9D56F36DAB - Taken by dot
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-24141B1D6010ADD8 - Taken by Kiru
Worms Blast -- MB-51510838089ED446 - Taken by ZodR_ARG

Freddi Fish: The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-E67F51D0552DD403 - Taken by bobnowhere
Just Cause -- MB-C98F54295A68097B - Taken by agniswarm
Overlord Plus Raising Hell DLC -- MB-F6140C9F4FE2293A
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-ADFF95C46A7A84C9
140 -- MB-2784545C6B441FF6

The Ship -- MB-600166A12328124A - Taken by cardinalmind
Super Hexagon -- MB-54A1554A7378A2AC - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Lone Survivor: Director's Cut #2 -- MB-3C509AA5AE46BAEA - Taken by topyy
The Last Remnant -- MB-CCD622FDBB6C50D3 - Taken by Texan365
Insurgency (3) -- MB-BDF87AE5A504F489 - Taken by Broadbandito
Galaxy on Fire 2 -- MB-036E0077CB613A51
Thief Gold -- MB-03A74CD63E7E7E87 - Taken by Oldschoolgamer
Putt-Putt goes to the Moon -- MB-F9F1795B96744461 - Taken by Aitor

Insurgency (1) -- MB-BDF87AE5A504F489 - Taken by Broadbandito
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness 2 -- MB-35B04585A5CE78A3 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Risk of Rain (2) -- MB-986C83DBF2728FC2 - Taken by shockdude
Frozen Synapse -- MB-B4FD762B46E39372 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Risk of Rain (3) -- MB-065D388562DF4D70 - Taken by xxracerxx
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-CFCDCA6569829E67 - Taken by Catshade
Trainz Simulator 12 -- MB-A6778D26D7A05AC2
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-B1653F9AF5D8C335 - Taken by SaveFerris

Stacking -- MB-C7AC7E6202992F71 - Taken by The M.O.B
Bridge Project -- MB-C3E2F78A58EF9D26
Grand Ages: Rome -- MB-42CC38EF0B472752 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Worms -- MB-F01A8C64DAE57E94 - Taken by tylergregg
Cubemen -- MB-ED08BE246C7BB44A - Taken by Vardhan
Bioshock -- MB-5C375F2BDDC59BDE - Taken by Annubis
Risk of Rain (1) -- MB-A35CB6071A8AA5E7 - Taken by Akahige
Zenbound 2 -- MB-1395075DC410D193 - Taken by The Reloader
Imperium Romanum -- MB-1DA0EA08BD83585C
WRC Powerslide -- MB-13F90294C518D1B1 - Taken by nightstorm
Really Big Sky -- MB-4658A47219B4E738
Superfrog HD -- MB-1A965E56A2D5766D - Taken by Kurt Russell
Beatbuddy -- MB-D30370FB4F93CF65 - Taken by ExoSoul

Something in my desktop died! No video output! Oh god right when GAME OF THE GENERATION AMAZING FROG? LAUNCHES ON STEAM

It runs okay on my macbook, but local multiplayer is out of the question there.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (user237, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Worms Pinball -- MB-0A1157C88A947595 - Taken by Majukun
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-0784ADC9D7235413 - Taken by electroflame
Betrayer -- MB-A7CF1B3BC15270FB - Taken by cardinalmind
Commando Jack -- MB-DE78CFD65CFEBB24 - Taken by NingenJanai
Nux -- MB-DAC25F62B01CD6FD - Taken by nja
Rover Rescue -- MB-C7B2E2D16CEBCDFD - Taken by factorone

please, take them all

Tenrius

Can you somehow read hidden achievement descriptions without actually unlocking them? I seem to remember some sort of a meta achievement score site allowing you to do that. I'd like to read descriptions of those Ethan Carter achievements (especially interested in the one that 0% of players seem to have unlocked). One way would be unlocking them via SAM, I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Can you somehow read hidden achievement descriptions without actually unlocking them? I seem to remember some sort of a meta achievement score site allowing you to do that. I'd like to read descriptions of those Ethan Carter achievements (especially interested in the one that 0% of players seem to have unlocked). One way would be unlocking them via SAM, I guess.

yeah, unless they're secret achievements

Tellaerin

Shadow Man -- MB-53357DA8A9BE64DB - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

Holy crap, Woo walks among us. O_O

Hey, Woo! *waves* We miss you!

also, please steamgaf, kindly me remind me in the future not to waste my time on microtransaction games, PQ or no!

Consider yourself reminded. That's why I didn't jump in, after hearing jshackles say the game had Marvel Puzzle Quest levels of microtransactions. >_<

Dr Dogg

Well as much as I have been enjoying Far Cry 4, a FPS at 305-45 frames per sec (that might have been an acronym too far) with kb&m feels really off to me. So finally bothered to put both my cards back together in SLI and expect the worse after all the tales of woe from the PC Perf thread. I have no idea if I'm blessed or something but not really any issues at all. Sure there's a tiny bit of stutter when going balls to the wall on a quad bike but nothing as bad as Far Cry 3 had and the weird temporal reprojection when using SMAA from Watch Dogs is back but outside of that it runs sweet as a nut for me at 2560x1440, with all the Nvidia shiny stuff cranked up and still plenty of performance to spare and doesn't miss a beat. Just been pissing around and completely let it slip me by it's 1 in the morning. Which probably means I'm going to be in trouble now unless I sneak in to bed.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey I know if you buy a new Nvidia GPU you can choose to get a free game. Either Assassin's Creed: Unity, The Crew or Far Cry 4.

But will they replace those 3 games with some other games after some time? Like Batman or The Division?

Maniac

Banned
just got my third shit fucking SCAR skin from a mission in operation vanguard...

fuck gaben

Careful or he might remove DRAGON: THE GAME from Steam!
I don't know how to do the red text ,_,
steam is great btw
Yup.
Also, do we really want to teach our kids to be assassins?
Probably not, but Ubisoft does.

Btw, are some ads on GAF still bugged? Because Firefox doesn't usually take up 6 gigs of RAM, even with my several hundred tabs... :p

Edit: if this does happen, GladOS, Bastion and Stanley Parable announcers can fuck right off :'3

Ok, found one of the missing achievements I had in Ethan Carter... now, to find the "added" content... thought it's proving a bit tricky.

If you want to know what they added:
it seems they added a real sniper rifle after the gag in the patch notes that sort of became a meme...

Dr Dogg

Hey I know if you buy a new Nvidia GPU you can choose to get a free game. Either Assassin's Creed: Unity, The Crew or Far Cry 4.

But will they replace those 3 games with some other games after some time? Like Batman or The Division?

Nvidia promos usually swap out fairly frequently (though there's not anything really on the horizon until next year) and retailers usually have 'While stocks last' mentioned on the offer. Prior to the Ubisoft pick your path dealio it was Borderlands The Presequel offered free with pretty much any Nvidia GPU. I'd say both Arkham Knight and The Division are good candidates due to WB and Ubisoft having Nvidia sponsored games in the past and definitely something to keep a look out for in and around release. I got Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell Blacklist and ACIV for free with one of my GPU's.

Nvidia promos usually swap out fairly frequently (though there's not anything really on the horizon until next year) and retailers usually have 'While stocks last' mentioned on the offer. Prior to the Ubisoft pick your path dealio it was Borderlands The Presequel offered free with pretty much any Nvidia GPU. I'd say both Arkham Knight and The Division are good candidates due to WB and Ubisoft having Nvidia sponsored games in the past and definitely something to keep a look out for in and around release. I got Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell Blacklist and ACIV for free with one of my GPU's.

Yeah, I did too... I ended up selling all 3 and picking them up on Steam during sales.
If they still had Borderlands TPS, I'd jump in on a 970 or 980 immediately (should I not be worried about the 8gb variant dropping soon). A uPlay code just doesn't cut it for me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
(desura) blue rose -- MB-5D0F55E461749B39
Kickbeat Steam Edition -- MB-ABC283D64C967AD1 - Taken by Nabs
Beyond Space -- MB-298D643CD1D09AB7 - Taken by Aitor
The Dream Machine Chapters 1-3 -- MB-3E63AB3954A3FD1F - Taken by someguyinahat
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-A8BC243006CEBAB1 - Taken by Catshade
Betrayer -- MB-70A9B76E546B7C85 - Taken by HeebieJeebies
Euro Truck Simulator -- MB-CD2424D15A93572A - Taken by Sajjaja
QbQbQb -- MB-BD282A14D754D21F - Taken by derExperte
GRID -- MB-91E05563E6D22462 - Taken by Diedac
Psichodelya -- MB-B9C422F44AA527B6 - Taken by Scipius
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-C1536E0E0CBC76ED - Taken by Deques
Half Minute Hero -- MB-DF750AA670F5FA5B - Taken by Kiru

zkylon

zkylewd
finally beat divinity, damn that was long

not necessarily enjoyed my last 30 hours or so tbh, game got really repetitive and i just lost interest, but at least i can stratch it off my list

now FINALLY

valkyria :>

Tenrius

not necessarily enjoyed my last 30 hours or so tbh, game got really repetitive and i just lost interest, but at least i can stratch it off my list

now FINALLY

Ironically, I'm struggling to beat the game because of a bunch of spiders in the desert area. It's a somewhat tough fight, the sandstorm slows down my characters AND dramatically lowers the FPS, so every other attempt takes forever making me lose my drive to play it.

I guess I could go on and do stuff in Hunter's Edge, but I want to close the rift first.

now FINALLY

Are you sure you're not in for more of the same? :3

Short answer, Disney. Though fingers crossed times are a changing (and now I've got Bob Dylan stuck in my head) and some decent discounts might happen the next couple of sales. I mean it's been 2 years since they were last discounted decently and I'd take -50% off.

I meant to reply to this earlier -- I don't remember them being discounted at all since I got into the Steam sales... and that was more than 2 years ago. I didn't even realize they were on Steam at first until Jshackle's bought LEGO Indy as his 2000th game (I think?).

If it was Disney alone, LEGO Marvel wouldn't be dirt cheap every other week, I think.
(And TBH, LEGO Marvel destroys the LEGO Star Wars games... it's better in pretty much every way.)

Annubis

I just realized that Everlasting Summer also has Steam achievements now.
Sadly hentai master isn't one (even though it's still an in-game one)

wilflare

with all these simulator games, I wonder if we'll see Ubisoft (tfosibu) Simulator on Steam Greenlight

Ubisoft Simulator with tagline "Game Development gone wrong"

it will be like Game Dev Tycoon
- research on Microtransactions
- research on Scary glitches

etc

iosefe

with all these simulator games, I wonder if we'll see Ubisoft (tfosibu) Simulator on Steam Greenlight

Ubisoft Simulator with tagline "Game Development gone wrong"

it will be like Game Dev Tycoon
- research on Microtransactions
- research on Scary glitches

etc
Game Dev Golfers
-thrilling action
-lowest score wins!

Nabs

UbiSim would be a Pikmin-like game where you have control of 2000+ developers and 7 games to release a year.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I image an accurate Ubisoft simulator would just be a game were you climb a tower to reveal more towers to climb. At some point the game ends and they release a new one every 6 months.

well I just finished the disney infinity demo. Honestly i gotta say i really liked it. its extremely easy and basic, you can tell its a kids game but it has a certain charm to it. only problem though is that its extremely overpriced. I'll definitely buy it if it goes on sale and is still region free, if it gets locked though its okay, I didn't enjoy it THAT much.

Are you sure you're not in for more of the same? :3

I meant to reply to this earlier -- I don't remember them being discounted at all since I got into the Steam sales... and that was more than 2 years ago. I didn't even realize they were on Steam at first until Jshackle's bought LEGO Indy as his 2000th game (I think?).

If it was Disney alone, LEGO Marvel wouldn't be dirt cheap every other week, I think.
(And TBH, LEGO Marvel destroys the LEGO Star Wars games... it's better in pretty much every way.)
You seem to think that we want to buy them to play them. It's all about the +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom