• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I'm calling Nabs and any other fighting game fan out

I just found out about Pocket Rumble and this my friends is the next Lethal League. This has to see release. It has neo geo pocket style and ggpo online. Not only that it has some fucking awesome training modes like Skullgirls to help people that are new to fighting games.

Do the right thing and vote for this on greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167646774&searchtext=pocket+rumble

I voted for it back when it was put up on Greenlight. I love what they are doing with the game, but that artstyle isn't doing it for me. The giant pixel characters don't look so great on the big screen.

I'm kind of surprised the kickstarter isn't doing any better, but I see they just sent out some demos to lets play-ers. Things should get better.

Deitus

Whelp, I bought a Wii U. Goodbye forever SteamGAF.

Not really though, I'll still be around. But I'm going out of town next week, so I probably won't post much until I get back. I'll be following the Steam sale, but since I'll be primarily on mobile which makes posting a bit more annoying, and sale threads tend to be chaotic, I doubt I'll have a chance to contribute much. But then I'm not one of the more prolific posters anyway, so I doubt anyone will notice the difference.

I hope everyone who lives in a country that has a holiday next week has a good one, and that everyone gets deep discounts on the games on their wishlist next week.

Wow, I would have thought you would have reached 400 by now..

Screw it, making a new thread in the next hour.

Choose a title.
Everlasting Community
Part reference to Jawmuncher being banned because of the game Everlasting Summer and part reference to us being in community now and forever.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Not really though, I'll still be around. But I'm going out of town next week, so I probably won't post much until I get back. I'll be following the Steam sale, but since I'll be primarily on mobile which makes posting a bit more annoying, and sale threads tend to be chaotic, I doubt I'll have a chance to contribute much. But then I'm not one of the more prolific posters anyway, so I doubt anyone will notice the difference.

I hope everyone who lives in a country that has a holiday next week has a good one, and that everyone gets deep discounts on the games on their wishlist next week.

Have fun!

See ya!
Tell Cheddahz we said hi.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yes.

Also lol@bolded. If we're talking ports, the only relevant contender would be VC :p

I bought it and completed it in coop yesterday. It's a rather simple platformer gameplay-wise, but it controls well enough, looks amazing, is quite varied and doesn't overstay its welcome. We enjoyed it.

Ports definitely count, as MGR:R and KID are in my top 10 for GOTY on Steam.
As far as FFXIII goes, I don't even need to play VC to say FFXIII is the better game (for me). Then again, I don't generally like SRPG type games... different strokes and all that. :)

Damn dude, I just bought a Nintendo console. It's not like I said Strider 2014 was a good game.

dontPoke-the-bear.jpg
:p

Have a nice vacation and you will be missed :)

OOOH this thread is still open? i thought it would've been closed by now since normally the old thread is closed by the time the new one goes up. no wonder i'm the first post in the 2nd thread.

Ozium

OOOH this thread is still open? i thought it would've been closed by now since normally the old thread is closed by the time the new one goes up. no wonder i'm the first post in the 2nd thread.

I just posted in the new thread.

And am now posting in the old thread.

PURE. FUCKING. ANARCHY.

FloatOn

I voted for it back when it was put up on Greenlight. I love what they are doing with the game, but that artstyle isn't doing it for me. The giant pixel characters don't look so great on the big screen.

I'm kind of surprised the kickstarter isn't doing any better, but I see they just sent out some demos to lets play-ers. Things should get better.

I can understand that bit about the art style. It's just that I have such fond memories of neo geo pocket color.

I think once people jump that hurdle the underlying gameplay can be something special for the fighting game community. It really seems like this could be a bridge to get more novice people into the genre.

LQX

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LQX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition (Must be redeemed by the 25th) -- MB-B742CD2FF83B1C90 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Waking Mars Steam key -- MB-EA4389E298FC6E1F - Taken by shockdude
Risk of Rain (Must be redeemed by the 25th) -- MB-93C247C6FA205814 - Taken by everybodyman
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-57E4B6B374196B3B - Taken by XDDX

Some past indie games. Two of them must be redeemed by the 25th.

Grief.exe

Aw, it's too bad the newer updates of the Air skin got rid of the dark background. It was a lot nicer on the eyes. Perhaps there's a way to change it manually, though (Inhibitor has said he's working on a DIY guide for Air).

I think he is developing them both concurrently, you can still use the old air skin.

Hrrrrm....

So I got another email about my ukrainian order of DA:I... and it says:

Note: If you order a downloadable software, you can download it by going to the page with information about the order to the below link. On the page with brief information about the order, click on the link Download (Download) next to the name of the product. If there is order the software on physical media, you will receive a separate email with information about sending it.

So I follow the link to see if there's a key assigned and find this:

Clicking the blue button gives me this:

Should my key be there? Should I be doing something else? Anyone else know anything about this? :3

Hrrrrm....

So I got another email about my ukrainian order of DA:I... and it says:

So I follow the link to see if there's a key assigned and find this:

Clicking the blue button gives me this:

Should my key be there? Should I be doing something else? Anyone else know anything about this? :3

The post on reddit shows a lot of people getting emails about their keys, without the actual key. Maybe they ran out or got wise to the scheme and shut down?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...raine_dragon_age_inquisition_for_pc/?sort=new

Smash88

Banned
Do we need to contact a mod to close this or are we just letting it ride into the sunset?

It makes no sense having two threads open about the same thing.

MRORANGE

Do we need to contact a mod to close this or are we just letting it ride into the sunset?

It makes no sense having two threads open about the same thing.

I asked a mod to close it, probably left when I sent the message, could someone please contact a mod and get this threa Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom