• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jump Festa 2009 Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
FF13新キャラもう1人
サッズっていう緑の服着た男で髪はアフロっぽい髪型。
あんまはっきりは映らなかった
ライトニングが移動中のリアルタイムシーンと一部の戦闘シーンと雪山っぽい場所にいるシーンに いる。

あと戦闘シーンで確認できた名前はガドーとレプロ。
ヲルバの名前表記はヴァニラ。

so there's another new character revealed? clad in green clothes. with some sort of afro

:lol Yes, that's what サッズっていう緑の服着た男で髪はアフロっぽい髪型。 says.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay. I imagined it being very awesome. Lightning's VA sounds very familiar but I can't quite place it...

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
also i like how they didn't announce a developer for Tales of Wii... i remember another time they did this for another certain game, and it doesn't bode well for the game, let me assure you. :lol

2 years development is a good sign though. just don't expect it to be by Tales Studio.

JCreasy

this green clothed afro dude news has brought me to a screeching halt!

damn, i hope he's not ridiculous lookin . . .

Mr.Wuggles said:
also i like how they didn't announce a developer for Tales of Wii... i remember another time they did this for another certain game, and it doesn't bode well for the game, let me assure you. :lol

2 years development is a good sign though. just don't expect it to be by Tales Studio.

I wouldn't think much of it. We know for a fact it's the next main series Tales game

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What I assume is some battle music, almost sounds Metal Gear Solid-ish.

Ugh, and what I assume is the voice of that young boy... I feel will get annoying VERY quick.

Teknoman

Awesome, that great battle music from the first trailer of XIII is still in game :D

JCreasy said:
this green clothed afro dude news has brought me to a screeching halt!

damn, i hope he's not ridiculous lookin . . .

Afro in FF? Nice if it was another Barret, except not as ridiculously foul mouthed.

From some report on 2ch, it would seem like Hideo Baba refered to the new Tales on Wii as "Tales of Ten" (テン) at the stage event. If confirmed, I kind of doubt this would be its definitive name, so I would think it's a codename of some sort. In fact, I was thinking it might be a codename referencing the fact that this would be the 10th mainline Tales of game made by the WolfTeam/Tales studio. Let's see, based on Datschge's site :

1 - Tales of Phantasia
2 - Tales of Destiny
3 - Tales of Eternia
4 - Tales of Destiny 2
5 - Tales of Symphonia
6 - Tales of Rebirth
7 - Tales of the Abyss
8 - Tales of Vesperia
9 - Tales of Hearts

10 - Tales of...Wii

Yup, everything fits. Again, if confirmed, this would lend credence to the theory that the game is actually made by Namco Tales Studio, and not outsourced. We will know soon enough, I guess.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just heard the audio. I'm... not impressed with the music. I hope the people who bashed Sakimoto's score for XII are not the same people praising what we've heard of XIII's soundtrack.

Stormbringer said:
From some report on 2ch, it would seem like Hideo Baba refered to the new Tales on Wii as "Tales of Ten" (テン) at the stage event. If confirmed, I kind of doubt this would be its definitive name, so I would think it's a codename of some sort. In fact, I was thinking it might be a codename referencing the fact that this would be the 10th mainline Tales of game made by the WolfTeam/Tales studio. Let's see, based on Datschge's site :

1 - Tales of Phantasia
2 - Tales of Destiny
3 - Tales of Eternia
4 - Tales of Destiny 2
5 - Tales of Symphonia
6 - Tales of Rebirth
7 - Tales of the Abyss
8 - Tales of Vesperia
9 - Tales of Hearts

10 - Tales of...Wii

Yup, everything fits. Again, if confirmed, this would lend credence to the theory that the game is actually made by Namco Tales Studio, and not outsourced. We will know soon enough, I guess.

I thought Innocence was part of the mothership series.

Augh, this shit makes no sense.

Regulus Tera said:

\
Hmm , maybe is a game inside the Aselian_timeline?
All Nintendo home console tales are from that timeline.
Still there are only
#Tales of Symphonia(GC ,ps2)
# Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World(wii)

# Tales of Phantasia(SNES,GBA,PS1,PSP)

# Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon(GB)

# Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage(GBA)

WAIT THAT MADE IT TEN!

Edit-If it true............ LOL :lol :lol :lol

Regulus Tera said:
Just heard the audio. I'm... not impressed with the music. I hope the people who bashed Sakimoto's score for XII are not the same people praising what we've heard of XIII soundtrack.

Alfa System made Innocence, so I would think it wouldn't really fit all the criterias of an original, "mothership", Tales Studio made Tales game But yeah all this "mothership" and "non-mothership" talk is pretty damn obscure :p .
[edit] Or see post below for clarification.

duckroll

ToI is a mothership title, he wasn't talking about mothership titles though, but Tales Studio developed Tales. Notice that ToL isn't listed either, but it's a mothership game.

Teknoman

Quick off-topic question: What was the Tales of game that released on PSP in EU and JP territories but not in NA?

EDIT: Cant really hear the music in the wav files for FFXIII well enough to decide whether i'd like it or not. But the Wav file 2 battle music seems like an even better version of the trailer version...which is awesome.

Teknoman

duckroll said:
Tales of Eternia. It's a port of the PS1 game.

Thanks.

EDIT: Was Square ever planning to make XIII a simu-worldwide release? I remember hearing that they wanted to make all their titles release that way if possible. Would be nice.

duckroll said:
ToI is a mothership title, he wasn't talking about mothership titles though, but Tales Studio developed Tales. Notice that ToL isn't listed either, but it's a mothership game.
Yeah, I actually got my vocabulary confused and used the term 'mothership' wrongfully on my following post. What you said is exactly what I meant originally. Thanks for clarifying.

Muffdraul

Teknoman said:
Was Square ever planning to make XIII a simu-worldwide release? I remember hearing that they wanted to make all their titles release that way if possible. Would be nice.

The only "official" thing I remember was that during a Q&A session at a game show (probably E3 2007 but I'm not sure) a journalist asked if they were going to try to do a simultaneous worldwide release, and their answer was essentially, "Um... sure. That might be possible. I guess." I seriously doubt they ever had any plan to do it.

Awntawn

Teknoman said:
Thanks.

EDIT: Was Square ever planning to make XIII a simu-worldwide release? I remember hearing that they wanted to make all their titles release that way if possible. Would be nice.
If you're suggesting that you hope it happens, it's already been confirmed that it's not going to happen by a long shot. Could be up to a year or even longer considering they start porting after the JP version is released.

Firestorm

Teknoman said:
Thanks.

I thought XIII was PS3 in Japan first and then work on 360 version for simultaneous platform release in NA before laughing at Europe like Iwata?

Top Bottom