• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

FyreWulff

Finally tried it and reskinned enemies or not that new PSexclusive strike is fun as hell. Probably my favorite in the game. That uphill battle and so many ultras O_O Great place to glimmer farm too.

Shame it won't ever be a weekly/nightfall

Going to assume the PS strikes will go into the rotation once the exclusivity ends

I'm afraid of the thought of both of them on Nightfall as it is

Renta

Banned
Found this in a random legendary engram drop

qpsIaxc.png

Coconut

Banned
I need that fucking ship! I need that ship bad.

list of things I need in Destiny:

1. MIDAS MULTI-TOOL

2. That fucking ship.

Do the Counterbalance and Perfect Balance perks stack? I got a Do Gooder V auto rifle from a legendary engram with those perks along with Rangefinder. Perfect Balance is optional along with High Caiber Rounds and Hammer Forged.

Anyone else get an exotic bounty yesterday or today? Got one, but not entirely sure if I should wait until Xur shows up or just do the bounty for the time being

No they don't. People just need to stop using them like Auto rifles and actually aim. Bungie also need to stop using the shitty low impact, high fire rate subtype for pulse rifles and make them all like Super Pox, F&S and TLW's.

i don't think they're fun to use if they don't fire fast. it breaks the rhythm and makes the gun feel weaker than it is.

The new RoF on Red Death is perfect.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i unlocked the saint-14 helm ward blind thing.

you guys understand that in pve you can run into a group of enemies and pop it and they will all stumble around like idiots while you punch them to death right

I dunno about others, but I got insane luck with drops on the opening day. Two exotics, two legendaries. And the legendaries were the ones you need commendations to buy.

I had no such luck

But my emphasis was more on the fully upgraded part. Besides bounties, what's the best way to level up gear?

Deku Tree

I was thinking about the new leveling system. A lot of people I play with have been saying "I'm skipping the Vendor armor and going straight for Raid Armor". But Bungie noticed people were doing that with the VoG Armor and they don't want you to do that anymore and they designed a new system that makes that strategy a very bad one.

(1) Life as a 30 in the normal CE raid (not a real spoiler):
It's like going into the VoG as a 26.
(2) You need 84 Radiant Shards to level up your CE raid gear whenever you get a full set. Or you need 63 to level up 3 pieces + an exotic. That feels like it would take 6-8 weeks of raiding if you are only doing it on one character and if you do it every week and if you are lucky with your drops. So even if you get the good drops your going to be waiting a while (even if you want to get to 31 with one piece of CE Raid gear and one exotic it is still a long wait for the Radiant Shards).
(3) Bungie has made it really easy and very painless to level up your new Vendor armor if you have been playing the VoG and have a decent stack of Ascendant Shards. It doesn't even require you wasting any of your new and currently scarce Radiant shards that you will need to level up your future CE raid armor.

Message: If you are a raider it's not a good idea to "go straight for Raid Armor" you have to bite the bullet and level up to 31 with Vendor gear. You only need (1) VoG or IB piece of 30 light gear and (2) pieces of Vendor 33 light gear and (1) new post-DLC or upgraded exotic. Or four pieces of new Vendor Armor whichever you can get first IMO.

6 1/2 days worth of playing this game... I've never seen a legendary engram drop.

I also have a little of six days of playtime. Best thing I got was an exotic bounty for Bad Juju...lol

Well I am working on the Pocket Infinity bounty, but when it comes to straight up drops, I don't get anything.

Coconut

Banned
I also have a little of six days of playtime. Best thing I got was an exotic bounty for Bad Juju...lol

Well I am working on the Pocket Infinity bounty, but when it comes to straight up drops, I don't get anything.

I've had to buy everything Legendary or above that I have outside of the Ghorn I got as a VoG reward after joining a game at the last minute.

Sullichin

I was thinking about the new leveling system. A lot of people I play with have been saying "I'm skipping the Vendor armor and going straight for Raid Armor". But Bungie noticed people were doing that with the VoG Armor and they don't want you to do that anymore and they designed a new system that makes that strategy a very bad one.

(1) Life as a 30 in the normal CE raid (not a real spoiler):
It's like going into the VoG as a 26.
(2) You need 84 Radiant Shards to level up your CE raid gear whenever you get a full set. Or you need 63 to level up 3 pieces + an exotic. That feels like it would take 6-8 weeks of raiding if you are only doing it on one character and if you do it every week and if you are lucky with your drops. So even if you get the good drops your going to be waiting a while (even if you want to get to 31 with one piece of CE Raid gear and one exotic it is still a long wait for the Radiant Shards).
(3) Bungie has made it really easy and very painless to level up your new Vendor armor if you have been playing the VoG and have a decent stack of Ascendant Shards. It doesn't even require you wasting any of your new and currently scarce Radiant shards that you will need to level up your future CE raid armor.

Message: If you are a raider it's not a good idea to "go straight for Raid Armor" you have to bite the bullet and level up to 31 with Vendor gear. You only need (1) VoG or IB piece of 30 light gear and (2) pieces of Vendor 33 light gear and (1) new post-DLC or upgraded exotic. Or four pieces of new Vendor Armor whichever you can get first IMO.

Good post. I did not know you can get to 31 and still use one VOG/ Light 30 piece, thanks.

Bogeypop

I was doing Patrol Missions while waiting for Public Events to pop, and I get a VIP mission. When I get to the target it says "Scout Boss" as it's name or something super generic to that extent, killed it too fast to take a screenshot. Was it a bug, or has it always been like this, and I'd just not paid it any mind?

adin75

Am I mad for considering scrapping my Warlock and Hunter and creating 2 new Titans to ease the burden of managing 3 different classes?

Anyone doing nightfall I can jump in? Need to do it twice but not unlocked it yet with my hunters. Psn is same as gaf. I will be working in unlocking it in the meantime

Am I mad for considering scrapping my Warlock and Hunter and creating 2 new Titans to ease the burden of managing 3 different classes?

Other than what you have to do to unlock the strike/nightfall DLC, I think it makes it easier. You can just buy your way to 31 regardless of level, assuming you're at least 28. With 31 you can do weeklies and normal raid as usual pre DLC. Or maybe I'm crazy haha

I was doing Patrol Missions while waiting for Public Events to pop, and I get a VIP mission. When I get to the target it says "Scout Boss" as it's name or something super generic to that extent, killed it too fast to take a screenshot. Was it a bug, or has it always been like this, and I'd just not paid it any mind?

They are the same level as the scrubs around, so yeah, they can be killed in no time. Always been that way.

Top Bottom