• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Master List of all Destiny Patches & Updates

Please spoiler-tag all encounters/mechanics/surprises pertaining to the new Raid, Crota's End, until Tuesday, 12/16. Thank you!

1auYOUP.jpg
EeubWMb.jpg

Featuring:
"The Way You Grind", "Thorns", "Reset" (featuring your old Exotic gear), "She Lives in My Tower", "Where Are My Raid Boots?" (interlude) and "Crota's Wedding"

-----

rAHdzFZ.png

845i6S9.png

(Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

cVuWHXl.png

W9GhlFk.png

• Want help with raids? There's a specific thread for that here!
  • Want help with story missions and such? Check out this thread.
AQKZ3ij.png

Elegant weapon and armor pairings for thoughtful Guardians to consider. Refresh the page to see a new one!
Want to add a build to the Randomizer? Just PM me with the info in this format! The only truly necessary parts are the exotic choices and a small description of how to use it. Don't worry about finding the images, I'll add them.​

iaAEsMb.png

ZamnUmt.png

kZnCCE8.png

(The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal
Mattiator
Lima
Owlowiscious
Johan Liebert
Lord of Castamere
Auto_aim1
Dave1988
Zakalwe
TearsOfBlood
TP-DK
Slamo
zewone
Dante316
Konosuke

-----

(Thanks LordofPwn and gutterboy44 for the album graphic!)

We fight to win, Guardians. So fight.

CaLe

Reposting on the new OT, is the DLC worth it for people who didn't finish the content in Vanilla yet ? Is anything added for players who didn't reach the cap (far from it) ?

MegalonJJ

Banned
I posted this in the previous thread but I'll post it again here

360 level 26 raid help

Need help with the level 26 raid please on 360 right now.

Post your GT and I'll send you an invite. 5 spaces available.

(my mic is busted but it's not an issue for me)

blackflag

Reposting on the new OT, is the DLC worth it for people who didn't finish the content in Vanilla yet ? Is anything added for players who didn't reach the cap (far from it) ?

No I'd say it's not worth it unless you are going to do the new raid. The other content is laughable.

Sergoes

Honestly I just recommended a friend of mine get the DLC even though he hadn't done VoG at all. He really enjoyed the questline and all the new items that are available. After doing the part of the new raid also, I'd definitely recommend the dlc to anyone who likes Destiny, even if they had not done everything from vanilla.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Reposting on the new OT, is the DLC worth it for people who didn't finish the content in Vanilla yet ?
Depends- did you like what you had in Vanilla and just want more/haven't gotten to everything yet? What was your favorite kind of thing to do? Do you do a mix of PvE and PvP?

If you're looking for something that completely changes the game from the ground up, it's not in The Dark Below. But it has more of each kind of stuff, and some "catch up" mechanisms in place for people who hadn't hit 30 before release.
Is anything added for players who didn't reach the cap (far from it) ?
It's much easier for you to hit the levels you hadn't yet hit before (30 is roughly the new 28). I don't know if you have any raid gear at all, but if you have a raid helm/chest and an exotic in the other of those two slots, you can reach 30 quite trivially.

NastyBook

No I'd say it's not worth it unless you are going to do the new raid. The other content is laughable.
Still want it, though. Such bullshit. I wish I could bully this game for its content by grabbing it by the legs, flipping it upside down, then shaking it out.

BokehKing

Banned
Lmao amazing title

So why would I buy ammo packs from this lady at rank 3 when I can just get them from the weapon vendor?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lmao amazing title

So why would I buy ammo packs from this lady at rank 3 when I can just get them from the weapon vendor?
Just different sinks- glimmer and strange coins ain't so easy to hang onto as they used to be. Exotic upgrading will cost you 7000 glimmer along with an Exotic Shard, and Shards are 7 coins. The Iron Banner also bankrupted my glimmer reserves. Definitely more interested in staying near the 25000 cap most of the time than I was at launch.

DNAbro

Posted in the last thread but yeah, not that happy with the DLC. Regret, liked the content that was there, not enough to keep on playing constantly.

Bungie should REALLY add way more Crucible game types. Every gametype is/feels like a death match variant. Hell just add Capture the Flag for god's sake.

gdt

Need 1 for a fresh Crotas End raid. We had someone but he hasn't posted in a while. Whole team is in orbit ready to go.

Ps4 gdt5016

Cruxist

Personally, I think it all comes down to the raid. The new story missions/strikes are pretty cool, but can be finished really quickly. If you liked the Vault of Glass, you'll probably like Crota's End.

gdt

Need 1 for a fresh Crotas End raid. We had someone but he hasn't posted in a while. Whole team is in orbit ready to go.

Ps4 gdt5016

I forgot to make the list so people can see.
1. Me
2. Messiek
3.full
4. Full
5. Full
6. OPEN

Just need 1 :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
RAIIIIID BOOOOOOOTS

RNG FINALLY!
lmao. grats.
Just got through the DLC story missions. Did them on level 30, which was pretty fun.
I've done the first two twice now on 30. The first time, second mission we were 27, 28, and 29. It was.... INTENSE. lol. Second time through playing with Squall, we did all three, but using 30s, and it was a fun tear.
First nightfall done...

kE88dQ5.jpg

Obamanotbad.jpeg
damn, jackpot on the first spin.

Rtas

Ok stupid question here, saw the post bungie made about the world first raid completion with a 7 man team, is the raid 7 man now??

Joined a Crota's End Raid in a group of 28's and 29's and we actually made it to the third section lol and I got raid gloves for my titan. Awesome so far, but I want to do some more of the new stuff and try to get 30.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ooh rare fusion rifles at the gunsmith.
hmm, thanks for the PSA. Think I'll skip even though I do have that step. Got a SGA and Thorn bounty to do before I turn my attention to a third, bugged Pocket Infinity, haha.

Plz fix soon I miss my gun bungie <3
Ok stupid question here, saw the post bungie made about the world first raid completion with a 7 man team, is the raid 7 man now??
One of their 6 dropped and was replaced, so 7 total participated.

Top Bottom