• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I was playing through it last night, fighting Omnigul from that lobby room shooting at an awkward angle to kill the boss. I kept saying to my fireteam, "There's no way this is how you do the encounter. I bet there's a good place to be if we go inside of the room."

No. Deathtrap.

i go all the way to the corner where the knight usually is. you can shoot the hive in the back while they come up the stairs and hopefully most of them are dead before they round the corner and overwhelm you. it's 3 feet of space though

i was using the balcony in the room at one point until a knight spawned there and backsmacked me.

back to the entrance just as bungie intended. but we'll spawn some thralls behind you to make it look like we didn't.

the raid is so good. and this strike is so bad. where is the collaboration?

I thought the new raid was supposed to have a smarter loot drop system. A chest and two checkpoints, nothing but shards. Since it's obvious that they don't want you to progress to the second half without raid gear, it would be nice if they dropped some.

Deku Tree

i go all the way to the corner where the knight usually is. you can shoot the hive in the back while they come up the stairs and hopefully most of them are dead before they round the corner and overwhelm you. it's 3 feet of space though

i was using the balcony in the room at one point until a knight spawned there and backsmacked me.

back to the entrance just as bungie intended. but we'll spawn some thralls behind you to make it look like we didn't.

It's such a strange and horrible final boss room. Maybe they designed it as a low level strike and the nightfall was an afterthought. For all the hate that the PS exclusive DLC strike gets the final boss room is way better than the one In the strike that everyone gets.

blackflag

Yeah that strike is terrible. Worse than Dust Palace.

realcZk

my dream ship... the gloryhole

0NLCOJK.png

Greenymac

Got some armor and another Thorn bounty that needs finished...anyone up for some crucible? Just add Greenymac and Ill come out into orbit to link up with you.

i wish there was an item that would upgrade a weapon from one tier to another. say you wanted to make the stranger's rifle have a better reload speed, larger mag and more damage. do quest, earn material, use upgrade, then boom. you've got a legendary stranger's rifle that you put in effort to level up.

has a lot more meaning than randomly earning a legendary rifle with similar stats IMO. i mean, if they're hellbent on reusing content, that's how i'd do it.

Shito

i wish there was an item that would upgrade a weapon from one tier to another. say you wanted to make the stranger's rifle have a better reload speed, larger mag and more damage. do quest, earn material, use upgrade, then boom. you've got a legendary stranger's rifle that you put in effort to level up.

has a lot more meaning than randomly earning a drop IMO.
Isn't that exactly what is going to happen in this DLC with Murmur?

Isn't that exactly what is going to happen in this DLC with Murmur?

is it? i just thought of that as i was switching murmur from solar to arc right now.

they didn't take the weapon upgrade trees far enough. it'd be similarly cool if you could change the element of a weapon or add more to it like murmur.

I think Bungie really screwed people over by not having a level 26 version of Crota's End. If I struggled doing Normal VoG I'd be pissed I paid for the expansion.

After all the grinding I've done since update I'm not even looking forward to getting new gear at this point. And Iron Banner next week means potential 32s and needing new upgraded weapons... This game is dying for me.

They're already doing another Iron Banner? Why are they force feeding everything to us at once? This is getting overwhelming for anyone with a normal job and family, I can't imagine what it'll be like for people who get the game over the holidays.

has a lot more meaning than randomly earning a legendary rifle with similar stats IMO.

I'd be happy if they used the IB reroll mechanics to try for awesome perks and upgrade to the dlc damage level. We know they technically can, but just don't want to. Blues drop frequently enough to pick your perk, but legendary gear is too few and far between.

I'd be happy if they used the IB reroll mechanics to try for awesome perks and upgrade to the dlc damage level. We know they technically can, but just don't want to. Blues drop frequently enough to pick your perk, but legendary gear is too few and far between.

yes the reroll mechanic is a step in the right direction. outside of that, i don't think the model they're going for works. the game will end up with 90% redundant filler weapons and at the end of the day everyone will have the same exotics with negligible differences. letting people customize their favorite ones and carry them with them would take the burden off of them for development and also increase the game's longevity in a natural way.

LordofPwn

The "re-roll" mechanic is how i wish they'd handle exotics with Xur for upgrading. that way it looks at your equiped exotics only and you dont have to worry about RNG to upgrade them.

Does everyone get murmur for doing the story missions? I feel like it would have been better if they gave a random legendary hive weapon instead

it's already been annouced, this IB session's gear will get you to 31, I assume the second one that comes through will have two pieces of 32-quality gear and your other two will have to be raid/exotic, just as before.

Darn, I just read that. I hope they have better perks than these vendor sold ones that'll make it worth playing.

Does everyone get murmur for doing the story missions? I feel like it would have been better if they gave a random legendary hive weapon instead

Yes, everyone!

Anyone care to run the Nightfall with me on PS4 in 40 minutes? Level 30 Titan. On the train now, need to stop by the dry cleaners on the way home, then it's all shooting the Fallen from there.

DJ_Lushious is my tag or reply here.

rNilla

yes the reroll mechanic is a step in the right direction. outside of that, i don't think the model they're going for works. the game will end up with 90% redundant filler weapons and at the end of the day everyone will have the same exotics with negligible differences. letting people customize their favorite ones and carry them with them would take the burden off of them for development and also increase the game's longevity in a natural way.

The exotics would be a lot more interesting if they had some variable perks (that you could reroll at Xur).

EDIT: woah when did I become a Member?

KingV

They honestly should just take all of the Diablo 3 loot mechanics and transplant them whole hog into Destiny. The whole game would get better.

Of course, there is not nearly enough variability in the loot, as it is today, to do so.

Hay guys, anybody want to join in on some crota's end PS4? We're right at crota and have figured out a pretty decent strategy we've done some significant damage and are thinking in a few runs we might have it. If anyone wants in just add me with the PSN: Yzenup

Come now come all for chance at a raid ship.

They're already doing another Iron Banner? Why are they force feeding everything to us at once? This is getting overwhelming for anyone with a normal job and family, I can't imagine what it'll be like for people who get the game over the holidays.

Meh, it doesn't really matter. If this dlc is any indication of what the future holds, then I can stop playing today and start up again in a few months and be on a level playing field with everyone.

Dante316

Anyone care to run the Nightfall with me on PS4 in 40 minutes? Level 30 Titan. On the train now, need to stop by the dry cleaners on the way home, then it's all shooting the Fallen from there.

DJ_Lushious is my tag or reply here.

I can help u, if I can switch at the end so my titan can get the reward.

if they want to timegate us into playing every week, there had best be some kind of monthly event. i'd go as far to say something should be happening every two weeks.

Top Bottom