• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil says January is time to talk about games for Windows

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
DX12 games will become apps and you can buy 'em from the Windows app store.

@XboxP3 @RpLayy Please do not bring xbox exclusive to pc.Do not let us regret spending our money on a xbox one.Exclusive=only xbox.

lol

Man... Windows 10... I still can't believe it. How is that legal?

? You can name your product whatever you want. Microsoft sucks with names (imo) but there's no law saying they can't throw any number onto the end of their product. We went from Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Somebody call a lawyer.

Can somebody post the list of Microsoft's empty PC gaming promises?

here

For people getting their hopes up. This is MS's various statements on their promise to PC gaming.

Sorry, but all MS is doing is blowing smoke up the ass of gullible people. So yea go ahead and get your hopes up and get excited. In a year or two when none of what they say comes to fruition...I'll pretend to act shocked.

How do you figure?

Windows 3.1
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8
Windows 10

Several of those are the same under the hood. Specifically, 95-ME and Vista-8 have the same major version numbers(4 and 6, iirc); Windows 8.1 is actually Windows NT 6.3. Although by this logic Windows 10 would either be 7.0 or 6.4.

Kezen

Banned
"Support" can mean very different things. Old IPs, or traditional PC IP is possible but I would not expect ANY overlap with Xbox One for obvious business reasons.
Basically Forza or Halo won't be on PC for that reason.

DX12 will be interesting for sure.

Scared they will announce a new GFWL and a developer I care about will agree to exclusively supporting the platform over steamworks.

The last year of not living in fear of GFWL ruining perfectly good games has been great.

Saty

All aboard the hype train!

MCC, SO, Forza, KI, QB - All of Microsoft's 1st party titles will appear on W10.

Several of those are the same under the hood. Specifically, 95-ME and Vista-8 have the same major version numbers(4 and 6, iirc); Windows 8.1 is actually Windows NT 6.3. Although by this logic Windows 10 would either be 7.0 or 6.4.

Thanks for backing Me on that. Well said. Also why OSX is still 10 they are giving you their real numbered activity.

In OS upgrades most upgrades are denoted as .1 like apple is doing on OSX from what I understand. Customer facing numbers have always been fluff.

"Support" can mean very different things. Old IPs, or traditional PC IP is possible but I would not expect ANY overlap with Xbox One for obvious business reasons.
Basically Forza or Halo won't be on PC for that reason.

DX12 will be interesting for sure.

I can imagine MCC and Horizon 2, honestly.

Horizon 2's already on 360, and is a pretty decent port.

A working Master Chief Collection would help convince fans to buy an Xbox One for Halo 5.

I hope it's cross buy/cross play.

IMO that's how they can do things right on PC. Cross buy works through MS or steam with code if you buy XBO version of a game.

Cross play should have happened years ago. Make sperate matchmaking for PC so if you wasn't too jump into KB&M FPS game you can or you can avoid.

Castef

Banned
Phil put this statement up on Twitter. Also he is slated to go on stage with the head Windows guys for unveiling of windows 10 for consumers next month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/543296007664959488

"I'll be focusing more on what we are doing on Win10 in January, it's time for us to talk about gaming on Windows."
1:47am - 12 Dec 14

What will Microsofts games strategy be on PC for Windows 10? Let's speculate!

Cross-buy Xbox One-PC!

Killer Instinct PC confirmed.

I say.

We'll get whatever second helpings of their Xbox games they want to give us. I don't expect or want much, just port Microsoft games to PC and ditch GFWL/W8 Store for Steam. I'll be happy.

Kezen

Banned
I can imagine MCC and Horizon 2, honestly.

Horizon 2's already on 360, and is a pretty decent port.

A working Master Chief Collection would help convince fans to buy an Xbox One for Halo 5.

I know Forza Horizon (which is apparently very good) is on 360 as well but this is first party so that would be kind of strange for them to port it on PC, even if they want to use it as bullet point for W10. If Halo MCC was to be coming to PC that would unfortunately for MS lead some to believe Halo 5 could as well, I see it as counter productive really.
It's possible Microsoft will put Halo 1-3 (the original versions) on Steam.

Frankly I think it's unrealistic to expect MS's first party output to show up on PC.

Top Bottom