• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

hawk2025

I realize this starts to get a biiiit off-topic, but do we have any solid info on Driveclub's sales at all worldwide?

I suspect that the digital split makes this one particularly hard to know...

Back to Halo: I suspect that a super polished, perfectly realized Halo 2 Anniversary would have done just as well as 660k or so.

allan-bh

Latest month I have quite literally seen the dead rise(still a zombie).
Remember that we have gotten really sweet bundles and were usually very Sony friendly.

yeah, I saw the bundles and I remember that PSP was very alive in Europe when dead in USA.

donny2112

Maybe, but the #1 rule in the vidya gamez business is never, ever, count Nintendo out.

Until Nintendo counts themselves out* by transitioning to a more general QOL focused strategy as a company, and their games side becomes a side thing. 125 year company and only 40 as a video games maker? They'll still make/sell video games, of course, but then they also still make and sell Hanafuda cards.

Maybe in 20 years if they just can't get things moving on the video game side again. I really do see QOL as an attempt to diversify into other markets to see how else they can take the company to keep it going over the next 100 years.

Now... If you want to talk dedicated handheld gaming? Doom and gloom away, unfortunately. Still think Nintendo will exist in the space, but for how long? Who knows.

If Nintendo does transition to a non-video game focus as a company, could see that apocryphal combined console/handheld system being how they continue in the video game arena.

Can someone sum up what happened with the "7-10k" drama and how much the Xbox actually lead by? I'm late to the party but 100+ pages is too much for me to bother.

Tmecha

Neo Member
Well done to MS, even in Australia awesome bundles were there to be had. Xbox + 7 games with Kinect for AU$599 and 5 games without kinect for $499. crazy.

I wonder if the WW numbers are past 10mil now?

Welfare

Well done to MS, even in Australia awesome bundles were there to be had. Xbox + 7 games with Kinect for AU$599 and 5 games without kinect for $499. crazy.

I wonder if the WW numbers are past 10mil now?

Nah. Probably just passed 9 million tho.

truth411

Wow, MS is aggressive as hell. They went all out and it worked, at least for this month. I'm really happy that I was part of the process. I got my XB1 and I have like 5 AAA quality games. MS probably saved the XB1 and things should be a lot more competitive from here on out.

Depends on what they do with the price in January. Not to mention Sony's packed 2015 lineup, I don't think M.S. have anything significant the first half of the Year.

Maximo

Has Sony made their announcement yet ? They Sold *To Consumers* 10 Million last August, are they waiting for 15 sold to or 20 before making a announcement ? Seems odd for them to be quiet.

Asd202

Has Sony made their announcement yet ? They Sold *To Consumers* 10 Million last August, are they waiting for 15 sold to or 20 before making a announcement ? Seems odd for them to be quiet.

Shawn Layden said at PSX that PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time, no numbers though,

Chobel

Dude why you being so hyperbolic, You could get and X1 for $350 with about 3 or 4 games and you could get a PS4 for $399 with about 3 or 4 games, its not the biggest difference, sony Could of had a small loss to.

Are sony really in a position to drop there price?, I remember at launch Andrew House saying that they were glad MS didnt undercut them because they couldn't go lower then $399, a year later and in some cases they were giving away 4 games, of about $100 worth of value, I doubt they will be able to do much more then that.

I dont think we will see the PS4 undercut the X1 in price, it may be the same but not lower.

Anyway I think the sales figures are very positive for everyone it shows sony,ms and Nintendo what consumers want.

The bolded certainly didn't happen in US, not even in Black friday.

Shawn Layden said at PSX that PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time, no numbers though,
There was kinda a number.

At the beginning of the keynote, there's a screen w/ a number rolling towards 15 million, and it cuts off at around 14.6 million or something like that. There's no context whatsoever, but it isn't hard to figure what it's referring to.

Very easy to miss tho b/c it came off as just another screen before the trailers started.

Confirmation of this? Just curious.

Well they didn't give any new numbers and as of september PS4 was still fastest selling console ever by shipped numbers. Could still be true after the holiday quarter also as Nintendo had pretty huge supply problems with Wii back in a day and Wii was somewhere a bit over 20 million shipped after 2007 holidays (Would require PS4 to ship around 6.5 million this holiday quarter which is not impossible as PS3 did that many times).

Justinh

Geez, what a thread! It took me an entire day to get through.

it7qwVYB9bO6k.gif

I guess December will might be interesting too, but I'm really curious about what's going to happen after the new year.

Thanks to those who provided guidance ITT...

Asd202

At the beginning of the keynote, there's a screen w/ a number rolling towards 15 million, and it cuts off at around 14.6 million or something like that. There's no context whatsoever, but it isn't hard to figure what it's referring to.

Very easy to miss tho b/c it came off as just another screen before the trailers started.

Some speculated that it's PS4 sale through number but who knows.

Eggbok

I think Sony first party games had sold really well so far up until the Drive Club/LBP3 flops. Will interesting to see how The Order 1886 and Bloodborne sell without much competition early next year.

LBP3 flopped? Wasn't it 9th on the list for best selling PSN games in November?

Welfare

14.1 million actually
more like 14.09 actually

freefornow

I realize this starts to get a biiiit off-topic, but do we have any solid info on Driveclub's sales at all worldwide?

I suspect that the digital split makes this one particularly hard to know...

I think Aqua was discussing with another poster earlier that digital accounts for about 20%. If we know the DC retail number (NA), then just add 20% for the total sales.

Someone mentioned 55k for DC? (or was that October?)

Beboh13

Banned
I had a good laugh reading the first 10 pages of this thread. It seems that many of those "7-10k" commenters disappeared for a few days.

Welfare

I think Aqua was discussing with another poster earlier that digital accounts for about 20%. If we know the DC retail number (NA), then just add 20% for the total sales.

We only know DC sales in October.

20% is a good rule of thumb for many big titles...especially this year as digital is more prevalent.

But it various depending on the title. It wouldn't surprise me if DriveClub commands a higher digital percentage.

Top Bottom