• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitacat

I have a brand new packaged Diddy that I'd like to trade for a Pit.

If anyone needs Diddy, and has an extra Pit or finds one in a store, PLEASE let me know and trade with me.

Insaniac

Shoutout to Ellite25 being an amiibro and selling me an extra Captain Falcon he picked up. Just received it. I'd post a pic, but to say I'm tired is an understatement. Merry Xmas all!

I have a brand new packaged Diddy that I'd like to trade for a Pit.

If anyone needs Diddy, and has an extra Pit or finds one in a store, PLEASE let me know and trade with me.

You'd almost certainly have to add in some money or something else for someone to make that trade. Fair trades would be maybe Little Mac for Pit or Captain Falcon + Diddy for Pit or something along those lines.

I'd just hang on for a week or so until Pit releases at places like Walmart/Best Buy/TrU. A lot of people have a lot of orders. He'll probably be relatively cheap for a week or so before he turns into the next Marth or Villager. Edit: That's assuming people actually get their orders...

Just an update for my post in the UK. I ordered Wii Fit Trainer this morning to collect from Stevenage.
I got a call from Toys R Us saying the listing was wrong and they had to cancel my order (I ordered two and was even prepared for the two hour bus ride). Sad times. Still looking though.
Damn, I'd happily trade with Americans but the packaging is different :(

Let me guess: Gamemania?

That store is such bullshit. I never buy there, it's always overpriced.

Nope, it's Nedgame. Was the first store I guessed and I'm not even surprised. They also asked 10 euro more than other stores for Bayonetta First Print Edition. Shame a store like that stays in business...

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
For those that are interested Amazon.fr is still taking pre-orders for Rosalina for 12 euro. I think after shipping that comes out to around 20 bucks altogether

Toki767

"Lucario amiibo (TO GET CORRECT RETAIL, ADD ITEM TO CART AND ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE RECENTLY EMAILED TO YOU)"

I don't have a promo code e-mailed to me. Ah well. Hoping eBay sticks. Same price anyway.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
"Lucario amiibo (TO GET CORRECT RETAIL, ADD ITEM TO CART AND ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE RECENTLY EMAILED TO YOU)"

I don't have a promo code e-mailed to me. Ah well. Hoping eBay sticks. Same price anyway.

Huh?! Oh snap is this how they are fixing the orders that were canceled and couldn't be reinstated?!?! I'll pm you my code if I get one. I already ordered a second after mine was canceled the first time.

Thoraxes

OH SNAP TRU HAS LUCARIO BACK UP FOR PRE-ORDERS!!!! Go go go!!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136

Yeah... they are...

VQyMr03.png

Toki767

Interesting thing about the rare amiibos on eBay. I notice most people aren't bidding on the European and Japanese versions. They're only willing to pay top dollar for the US packaging.

It's gonna be interesting to see what gets re-stocked.

Like, there's stores here that have literally 0 amiibo's in stock.

Will it just be Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi/DK/Link/Pikachu? Zelda/Diddy? Fox/Samus/Kirby? Literally everyone?

hurzelein

Interesting thing about the rare amiibos on eBay. I notice most people aren't bidding on the European and Japanese versions. They're only willing to pay top dollar for the US packaging.

Most people that are not as well informed as people that hang out on a gaming forum certainly think that these are not compatible I guess. Also for example if they want to give it as a gift they want the english only packaging.

Although the European packaging has englisch at the top, then german, french and Spain I guess. But 4 languages nevertheless. I was wondering how the back of the US packaging looks?

Durock

It's gonna be interesting to see what gets re-stocked.

Like, there's stores here that have literally 0 amiibo's in stock.

Will it just be Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi/DK/Link/Pikachu? Zelda/Diddy? Fox/Samus/Kirby? Literally everyone?

It's definitely not going to be everyone, no matter how popular they are. They need retail space to be able to continue to replenish them and the only way to have an ample amount of retail space is by discontinuing some and replacing them with others. That's part of the reason we have retail exclusives. It opens up more space for additional figures.

It was also stated in previous interviews that there would be some that are going to have limited availability. I don't think anyone could have anticipated it would be so soon though.

olimpia84

Most people that are not as well informed as people that hang out on a gaming forum certainly think that these are not compatible I guess. Also for example if they want to give it as a gift they want the english only packaging.

Although the European packaging has englisch at the top, then german, french and Spain I guess. But 4 languages nevertheless. I was wondering how the back of the US packaging looks?

I think the biggest reason is these people are collectors and they want the US packaging for all their figures.

TI82

Banned
Oh, some info on TRU:

We got an email that the manager on shift was to shred all preorder cards for wave 3 amiibos (this is the wave with megaman, toon link, lucario, etc) as we have sold through all our inventory company wide. The preorders have been repriced to $999.99 to prevent people ordering them.

So Lucario is going to be as rare as Marth or even more so.

Thoraxes

Feels bad that I committed to buying all the amiibos after the Lucario and Metaknight preorders were gone.

At least I got Rosalina and Shulk.

melman101

Oh, some info on TRU:

We got an email that the manager on shift was to shred all preorder cards for wave 3 amiibos (this is the wave with megaman, toon link, lucario, etc) as we have sold through all our inventory company wide. The preorders have been repriced to $999.99 to prevent people ordering them.

You know, it's weird, cause even though I have my TRU website preorder I still don't trust it.

I don't trust any of my pre-orders, but my faith was restored once I got my Little Mac from Best Buy in a great shipping box. I have captain falcon already, but another one is coming from BB and so is Pit. I think I've decided I'm gonna wait till my orders ship before I really need to go on the hunt for Pit. I mean yesterday, my toys r us was insane due to Christmas. I can only imagine today.

It would be really awesome if someone at Best Buy, TRU, or Target was able to tell us what kind of pre-order numbers there are for those exclusives...

Or when shipments will be arriving.. that would be cool too :D

Oh, some info on TRU:

So glad I jumped on those when I noticed them at my local TRU then. got the 7 on wave 3 secured, plus Lucario.

NR1

I'm so glad I have no interest in Amiibo or figurines in general. I pop in this topic every so often just to get a reading on how this program is being received by consumers and it just feels like a complete mess. Nintendo releasing limited quantities, scalpers buying up stock and charging high prices, retail exclusives that are near impossible to find (and for a reasonable price), retailers providing conflicting information or retail associates that know nothing about the product...

It's all the things I feared and more with Amiibo. I am a hardcore Nintendo fan, but they can't even tempt me with this product.

I have noticed that retail stock in my area (Dallas) has been reduced considerably since the "rarity issue" came to light. Most stores only have Mario, Link, Peach, and Yoshi now.

_Clash_

I am completely suppressing my amiibo urge. I just hope it leads to some Wii U sales. I'm sort of a minimal material possessions guy. Or try to be.

But man I like reading about your adventures.

Party on amiiboGAF and I hope you all get a rare under your tree.

_Clash_

Also my objective, slightly distanced opinion on pre orders is that amiibos are designed to get people out into retail stores. Hence some exclusives for lower tier figures.

I think retailer exclusives will be accessible in store. And pre orders are probably something Nintendo ain't encouraging.

Gotta catch em all!

I dunno, I think it's kinda fun and old school

MrBigBoy

Here I go again.. Bought Villager, Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Zelda in a small local store nearby. They had 5 of each. Luigi is for later, I think he isn't gonna be rare for the moment.

bumpkin

Here I go again.. Bought Villager, Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Zelda in a small local store nearby. They had 5 of each. Luigi is for later, I think he isn't gonna be rare for the moment.
Luigi was the only wave 2 figure I saw at my local Target last night. From wave 1, they had some Mario, Pikachu and Yoshi. Still had a ton of Peach.

Captain falcon coming from amazon on the 30th :)

Finally got an update, the god is coming

Watch wave 3 have infinite stock, just cause I wanted little mac x pit x captain falcon
I cursed wave 2B :p

I am completely suppressing my amiibo urge. I just hope it leads to some Wii U sales. I'm sort of a minimal material possessions guy. Or try to be.

But man I like reading about your adventures.

Party on amiiboGAF and I hope you all get a rare under your tree.

Oh come on man, certainly you can just get one!

All the odd news of pre orders being so late or not getting filled makes me not want to pre-order any amiibo. That and I don't want to pay shipping to pre order online.

But damn if it isn't really difficult to hunt these down in stores. Every store in my area got something from wave 2, but they all got different characters. Had to go all over to get them all.

Maengun1

I'm praying that Amazon will get a Captain Falcon restock at some point (I refuse to buy from one of the other sellers working through them....anyone charging a cent over retail).

I check his page at least once an hour. My main goal is to get all 12 of the original Smash 64 characters, and he's the last one I need (other than Ness and Jigglypuff of course, who will be preordered into oblivion by me 5 minutes after being announced).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom