• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

radaxian

FU :/

You'll be waiting a week though, I noticed they all had the longest time for them. I've already entered in one, I'll try and go through a bunch more. I know the trophy is bugged though and I suspect there's a very specific circumstance (like being online when the challenges finish or some shit) but Evo are aware and will patch it.

Alright I'm a Kudos King cheers. I have some serious leveling and unlocking to do (joining the level 39 club unlocked 214 items or so haha). What's the difference between ongoing and received challenges? Maybe they move into ongoing from received once you actually try them and post a time/score?

Kritz

Banned
B7UOvCoCMAER_QN.jpg

this is sure a weird feeling

This nintendo direct. So hyped for everything :D

Bayonetta is too weirdly sexualised for my liking. I think my wife would divorce me if she saw me playing that game.

Yeah the camera angles are sometimes a bit too over the top pervy for my liking but overall I think she's awesome and sassy :D She owns the sexuality more than it just being creepy. Plus the enemy designs are all really creative and pretty. It's such a fun game to play.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I literally can't notice the sexualisation in Bayonetta 2 because the combat is so colorful and chaotic that all I notice is a bunch of flashy effects going off on the screen whenever I play it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
$26 for the wii vc games.

Not too shabby.

Especially with the 50% off intro price, so dk, smg2 aand metroid prime triolgy $13 each

The most important news of the Directs (Style Boutique 3) was only in the Japanese one. Help us out, Shibata-san.

Not too shabby.

Especially with the 50% off intro price, so dk, smg2 aand metroid prime triolgy $13 each

Of the announced upcoming games Punch-Out!! and Kirby's Adventure Wii are must-haves, though you can probably find a Punch-Out!! disc for less than the VC price. Sin and Punishment is pretty cool if you like that sort of thing, too.

Shame I already have pretty much all the Wii games I'd want so this doesn't really do anything for me.

legend166

Once got DK and SMG2 on disc so I don't think I'll get them. But my copy of Metroid is the US version and I haven't set up homebrew on my Wii U so I'm all over that.

NewGame

Banned
EU codes are flying around like crazy.

Screw it, I'm ringing Nintendo of Australia at 9am and demanding demo codes.

Wish me luck.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah I saw that, I mean the actual game. Back when the steel book was announced for EU, I'm pretty sure they said we'd be getting it too, but I'm starting to doubt that at this point.

Apparently EB opened preorders without telling anyone and they sold out before it even got listed on their website.

Shaneus

Alright I'm a Kudos King cheers. I have some serious leveling and unlocking to do (joining the level 39 club unlocked 214 items or so haha). What's the difference between ongoing and received challenges? Maybe they move into ongoing from received once you actually try them and post a time/score?
Ongoing are ones already participated in, received are ones people sent you. Only difference is that between club and solo challenges is that if, say, I've participated in a club challenge, it'll appear in "ongoing" on yours. Club challenges don't require all club members to participate, they're still effectively solo it's just that only one entry appears on the leaderboard for that challenge, and that's your (our!) club.

Enter as many as you like, but you're probably better off working through the career modes as well. I try to do that, but often get caught up in challenges, too! At least with the latter, you get ghosts to follow so you can see how to improve your time (it's Driveclubs way of having driving lines in the game, without actually having driving lines).

Heh, that last drift one should do okay, man I suck at drifting. I'll make sure to be online more often anyway :)
This is good! But yeah, I have a feeling it'll be patched when we get the Japan update (which I don't think is far off anyway).

NewGame

Banned
Calling Nintendo Australia right now.

Talked to some young guy. He knew about the Nintendo Direct but hasn't seen it himself.

I asked "There was a download code for the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo that was supposed to be released after the direct" he said he wasn't sure about it and put me on hold.

*Various Mario sound effects and jingles*

"Um we are not sure about the details. We don't know if this will come to Australia. OKAY BYE".

Stackboy

What do we think will be better Netflix Australia or Stan?

I know Stan is offering a free month on launch, wouldn't be surprised if Netflix is doing the same.

Getting Optus broadband installed in a couple of weeks. I'm good to just get my telstra broadband disconnected for the day before, yeah?

Quasar

What do we think will be better Netflix Australia or Stan?

That's hard to answer till we see catalogues and stream quality of Stan. I expect both will be frustratingly limited on the catalogue front to start with. Beyond heavily promoted exclusives.

I kind of expect to get something like the netflix us catalogue you'll need netflix au, stan and presto given the they are competing for rights. Hopefully over time exclusive contracts fade (well beyond content they fund/make themselves). But maybe thats like hoping for 3rd party game exclusives to die.

Which raises a question. Do the amazon shows have a home (Are any amazon shows on Foxtel?)? Or will we have to wait for Amazon to stream shows in Australia?

In any case, farewell Quickflix. I'll be amazed if you are still in business by Christmas.

this is sure a weird feeling

Congrats! Looking forward to it being in my Steam library at some point too!

Not too shabby.

Super good, especially since Nintendo are usually fucking awful for prices here.

lol at how cheap Metroid Prime trilogy is compared to the retail copies.

I shoulda grabbed some of those cheap eStore cards at Christmas >_<

Fredescu

Getting Optus broadband installed in a couple of weeks. I'm good to just get my telstra broadband disconnected for the day before, yeah?

Is it that $90 deal Gez posted about? Are you getting the speed upgrade? I'm kinda tempted. Apparently the deal is ending next month.

This is good! But yeah, I have a feeling it'll be patched when we get the Japan update (which I don't think is far off anyway).

Yeah viveks said the Japan tracks should be next week if all goes to plan. Pretty keen for them :)

Talked to some young guy. He knew about the Nintendo Direct but hasn't seen it himself.

I asked "There was a download code for the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo that was supposed to be released after the direct" he said he wasn't sure about it and put me on hold.

"Um we are not sure about the details. We don't know if this will come to Australia. OKAY BYE".

Sure sounds like Nintendo!

Fredescu

I don't consider myself particularly conservative, but I don't enjoy gratuitous crotch shots in video games. So maybe I am particularly conservative? I don't know. I don't like DMC/GoW style games anyway, so I guess I don't have an opinion.

Pillars of Eternity. March 26. Fuck yeah. Year of the RPG begins.

Stackboy

Is it that $90 deal Gez posted about? Are you getting the speed upgrade? I'm kinda tempted. Apparently the deal is ending next month.

Yep that's the one. I spoke to a rep online and the deal runs out February 5th.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/bundles/90-superfast-cable

Apparently Optus don't offer the upgrade anymore, I believe it comes as standard now.

This might hurt more than help. But I'll be tuning in.

For $10 a month for Stan and Netflix each, I might subscribe to both. It really depends on the content and quality of service.

Fredescu

They listed the Zelda and Monster Hunter 3DS too. I'd be tempted if they actually came with the game. The Monster Hunter one is the only one marked EB Exclusive.

Deeku

lol!

again, why still no email support? i totally would not want to speak to a real a person about stuff like this

Dryk

I'm not surprised that Hotline Miami is RC'd. It won't stop anyone from playing it luckily.

uUvHsLQ.png

The other games that will be coming next for the wii u wii vc.

Pretty fucking chuffed with the selection.
I own the stuff on the right, wanted to play Kirby. It's a good selection.

Axiom

I was going to buy a classic controller for Bayonetta 2, but now I need a Wii motion plus and a sensor bar to play Mario Galaxy 2.

Are there ever any deals on Wii accessories?

senahorse

Apparently EB opened preorders without telling anyone and they sold out before it even got listed on their website.

I read about that too, apparently people were asked to pre-order it at EB when the new 3DS was released and it quickly sold out.

edit:
Pillars of Eternity. March 26. Fuck yeah. Year of the RPG begins.

News of the year, so far. I might try and finish WL2 before then, I would like to keep up with these CRPGs. Hopefully Divinity hasn't spoiled me for this and Torment, though I think the story in Pillars and Torment will be stronger at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom