• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

here is the video of our group's first hard mode crota kill. will smith warning.

thanks walrus, brick, dealz, slaziman and mr stephen. also thanks to darknyss for joining up for our second clear.

Lmao, this is the best vid so far. Dudes died and still got the clear. CLUTCH.

Tbh, I think I'm glad I didn't hit 32 this week in time for HM. Feel like I would feel way to tempted to legit try on Crota and it just doesn't seem really worth it if you don't got a full crew who knows what they are doing. I feel for those suckers on LFG trying for this loooool

zewone

Went to try out Fang of Ir Yut with Target Mark in Crucible (extemely viable by the way) and got No Land Beyond for my troubles.

JW0idTV.jpg

Navy Bean

Pretty sure I've now done about 25 VOG hard mode Templar kills with no Fatebringer. I don't even care about using it anymore it's just the principle lol.

Holy Shit, Bungie goes out the way to save Hard Mode Corta, so we as the community can be QA for them, get the bugs and glitches removed for them for free

Then Hard Mode still carries the same STUPID FUCKING GLITCHES NORMAL HAS!

GOOD JOB BUNGIE, Go out of your way to remove glitches/bug/workarounds, but god fucking forbid you look at the code internally and see the shit that has been present since Day 1 of CE is STILL FUCKING THERE!

Really, almost out of 10 starts at the crystal, the Knights break through the glass 8 times, so roughly 80% of the time, the Knights go Praetorian stupid and just try to kill the Guardians
I can't believe how many times they bum rush you and if you don't have a Saint 14 Titan, your pretty much fucked for that time, cause you can't down them quick cause we being 32 even with 331 Attack weapons, they are goddamn tanks that take for fucking ever to kill
Seriously I understand challenge and difficulty should be used for Harder versions, but shouldn't be artificially inflated by causing more frustration not at getting the mechanics right but more up to luck if some fucked up coding on your part already puts us at a disadvantage

I mean for fuck sakes, did you not learn anything from fucking VoG or VoG HM, for all the community does to break your game that you have to keep patching with sarcastic headlines, you should sit down and figure out why we do so
It's infuriating that it takes roughly 4-5 Ice Breaker shots to drop a Knight at the towers or to bring a Gatekeeper as cheat/cheese deterrent , which has no bonus to it
Kill it and gain nothing, no buff to help, just there for shits n' giggles

Then even when bypassing that artificial difficulty phase, the Sword vanishing after killing the Swordbearer and it vanishing, leaving us w/o damage output on Crota for rotation is goddamn unbelievable that it's still around since CE released in December
So your fucking telling me, from all the QA the community for roughly 7 weeks and people posted the problem, not one coder went back to see why on fucking earth this happens, yet you are quickly to patch double swords, your half ass QA team forgot to even think about

My god the game went from decent back to the shithole it was in with VoG glitches bogging people down from enjoying end game content
It's not we need a nerf or shit is too hard and can't be defeated, but when mechanics that are out of your hand and are forcing you to find ways to cheese it or find the best safest way possible, you are really are the perpetrators, not the community
Strategies will be formed, sooner or later cheeses will be found, but most will just scoff at the stupid difficulty curve and glitches/bugs that burden this end game content from being enjoyable

Seriously at this moment, it's better to run 3 normals and then run 3 hard runs up till bridge
The scout or hand cannon aren't that much of a game changer where having them will make you break through this artificial ceiling you created
So far no sign of Crux, holding it back for a few weeks me thinks, so you can patch out a more few cheeses and then release it alongside with it

It's one thing not learning the mechanic or perfecting the flow of how to do it, it's another when the game forces you to repeatedly die and force frustration that you had no hand in doing
Seriously I burned through so many packs not because of wipes, that's always a given, but the Heaven weapon ammo glitch is so infuriating that, if the round doesn't go your way or the turnout is not perfect, you get penalized heavily for doing what the game asks you to do overcome these obstacles
I have grabbed heavy synths and went from 3 to 7 ammo from my GHORN for only to wipe and see I'm back down to 4, or worse if you are at 0 and grab 2-3 ammo before oversoul, your next run your down to 1 ammo, 1

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YA'LL, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME, it's like I have to rant every 2-3 months and get banned just to make you feel how we players are feeling when we invest hours upon hours and these shortcomings are at the fault of your hands

Yeah as much as you say you play this game, it's complete horseshit, cause you would have fixed all this frustration not just dole it out on the community
Fucking beautiful. You said every single thing that crossed my mind today. Frankly the encounter wouldn't be as "hard" if those fucking glitches were fix. It's pretty damn frustrating when crota is one swordbreak awake from death, only for the sword to disappear. Honestly I can't believe how fucked up they made the hard mode raid knowing full well about these glitches. I have no idea if it's possible for the majorites of Raiders to beat crota without atleast 2 gjallarhorns. The dps is "REQUIRED" to break his shields fast enough to get the perfect attacks in, well this is assuming no glitches occurs and cause a wipe. It wears you down knowing there's noting you can do if crota is 1 hit away from death, then the sword fucking disappears due to these glitches and bugs. I like a tough and rewarding fight, but these glitches do not help at all and just make things worst. From losing heavy ammo, less dmg output, more dmg received, no health regen, to needing a lot more dps output, to "anti cheese" gatekeeper, weird lag, more bullet sponges.. This is a massively poor design IMO. It's wouldn't be "hard" but the glitches and everything mention combined makes it fucking frustrating.
Frankly I personaly feel bad for turning my back on the community but I honest do not believe I can countine playing these raids if these major wiping causing glitches are not fix. Many people know me well enough, that I will always countine to help out in a raid or anything until it has been beaten. But with the current "norm" I don't have enough time to do it. It might not matter on normal, but for hard when everything has to be "perfect" it's a fucking game changer.

This Raid is rocking this board more than I thought it would. I have yet to try it and am getting rather anxious about it. Lots of disgruntled vets. Says something about it.

Hard VoG never got the amount of resentment I'm seeing here now. Makes you wonder how prevalent it is at large. Hard Raiders are obviously small in numbers relative to the whole, but it's still significant. Wonder how many people take a break about now.

We need some people. Like four. At Crota checkpoint.

kadey1up or just join if youre on my FR.

You're a trooper. Been casually glancing at your stream for a while. Had some good runs, but damn, that shit looks tough.

Also, pro-tip, use L2/R2 to switch pages on the roster to find friends ;)

xCobalt

We need some people. Like four. At Crota checkpoint.

Was just watching a bit of your stream just now. Any reason why you're using Black Hammer over other sniper rifles? If you have a maxed out LDR, I'm sure the 6 round magazine would be more beneficial since the Hive Disruptor perk was disabled. You could use that to shoot Crota after your rocket rather than your scout rifle which was only doing like 100 damage from that range.

Going to run 3 Nightfalls if anyone cares to join me.
Ps4. Gamer tag is in my profile.
I would help out man, but I actually deleted my game in frustration as of now :p
You're a trooper. Been casually glancing at your stream for a while. Had some good runs, but damn, that shit looks tough.

Also, pro-tip, use L2/R2 to switch pages on the roster to find friends ;)
agreed, good luck kadey!

BreakJohn

I don't tune in here much. What's the consensus on the hard CE raid?

pretty darn tough, me and my group went at it for about two hours getting close to a clear several times. but its pretty much like everyone says there is practically no room for error and a run has to be "perfect" to beat crota for now (i say for now because we don't know what new strats may surface that make the fight easier). we decided to save it for tomorrow since most of us were tired and frustrated by the end.

Jinjo

Holy Shit, Bungie goes out the way to save Hard Mode Corta, so we as the community can be QA for them, get the bugs and glitches removed for them for free

Then Hard Mode still carries the same STUPID FUCKING GLITCHES NORMAL HAS!

GOOD JOB BUNGIE, Go out of your way to remove glitches/bug/workarounds, but god fucking forbid you look at the code internally and see the shit that has been present since Day 1 of CE is STILL FUCKING THERE!

Really, almost out of 10 starts at the crystal, the Knights break through the glass 8 times, so roughly 80% of the time, the Knights go Praetorian stupid and just try to kill the Guardians
I can't believe how many times they bum rush you and if you don't have a Saint 14 Titan, your pretty much fucked for that time, cause you can't down them quick cause we being 32 even with 331 Attack weapons, they are goddamn tanks that take for fucking ever to kill
Seriously I understand challenge and difficulty should be used for Harder versions, but shouldn't be artificially inflated by causing more frustration not at getting the mechanics right but more up to luck if some fucked up coding on your part already puts us at a disadvantage

I mean for fuck sakes, did you not learn anything from fucking VoG or VoG HM, for all the community does to break your game that you have to keep patching with sarcastic headlines, you should sit down and figure out why we do so
It's infuriating that it takes roughly 4-5 Ice Breaker shots to drop a Knight at the towers or to bring a Gatekeeper as cheat/cheese deterrent , which has no bonus to it
Kill it and gain nothing, no buff to help, just there for shits n' giggles

Then even when bypassing that artificial difficulty phase, the Sword vanishing after killing the Swordbearer and it vanishing, leaving us w/o damage output on Crota for rotation is goddamn unbelievable that it's still around since CE released in December
So your fucking telling me, from all the QA the community for roughly 7 weeks and people posted the problem, not one coder went back to see why on fucking earth this happens, yet you are quickly to patch double swords, your half ass QA team forgot to even think about

My god the game went from decent back to the shithole it was in with VoG glitches bogging people down from enjoying end game content
It's not we need a nerf or shit is too hard and can't be defeated, but when mechanics that are out of your hand and are forcing you to find ways to cheese it or find the best safest way possible, you are really are the perpetrators, not the community
Strategies will be formed, sooner or later cheeses will be found, but most will just scoff at the stupid difficulty curve and glitches/bugs that burden this end game content from being enjoyable

Seriously at this moment, it's better to run 3 normals and then run 3 hard runs up till bridge
The scout or hand cannon aren't that much of a game changer where having them will make you break through this artificial ceiling you created
So far no sign of Crux, holding it back for a few weeks me thinks, so you can patch out a more few cheeses and then release it alongside with it

It's one thing not learning the mechanic or perfecting the flow of how to do it, it's another when the game forces you to repeatedly die and force frustration that you had no hand in doing
Seriously I burned through so many packs not because of wipes, that's always a given, but the Heaven weapon ammo glitch is so infuriating that, if the round doesn't go your way or the turnout is not perfect, you get penalized heavily for doing what the game asks you to do overcome these obstacles
I have grabbed heavy synths and went from 3 to 7 ammo from my GHORN for only to wipe and see I'm back down to 4, or worse if you are at 0 and grab 2-3 ammo before oversoul, your next run your down to 1 ammo, 1

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YA'LL, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME, it's like I have to rant every 2-3 months and get banned just to make you feel how we players are feeling when we invest hours upon hours and these shortcomings are at the fault of your hands

Yeah as much as you say you play this game, it's complete horseshit, cause you would have fixed all this frustration not just dole it out on the community

Someone should print and frame this post and send it to Bungie. Agree on every single account. There is some serious inexplicable incompetence going on at Bungie right now.

This Raid is rocking this board more than I thought it would. I have yet to try it and am getting rather anxious about it. Lots of disgruntled vets. Says something about it.

Hard VoG never got the amount of resentment I'm seeing here now. Makes you wonder how prevalent it is at large. Hard Raiders are obviously small in numbers relative to the whole, but it's still significant. Wonder how many people take a break about now.

I've only been able to do everything up to Crota so far, and I'm fairly certain that about 99% of those comments are all about the Crota fight. The abyss is still fairly doable, especially with a good team. The bridge, while still cheesable, had no huge changes either in the legit way. Deathsinger starts singing sooner, that's about it for that one. Haven't had the luck to do Crota myself just yet.

Regardless, even when only doing the rest beside Crota, no new mechanics were really added. They just upped the level of the enemies to 33, and turned a bunch of normal enemies into Majors. It's not harder in the good way.

Is it even possible to beat the HM raid without a defender titan or Gjallarhorn lol?

No iraaawwwrrrr :(

I might do the same lol
I know :( don't worry this might just me being salty, frustrated and being a sore loser. You guys will somehow drag me back into this grind current rage fest :p

People put too much weight on Gjallarhorn. It's not *that* good. Everyone shooting hunger of crota should be good.

Do we have any data on how HoC with Hive Disruptor matches up to Gjallarhorn? I imagine with level 33 enemies the gap is smaller due to how Light level plays into damage calculaiton.

Mattiator

I would help out man, but I actually deleted my game in frustration as of now :p
agreed, good luck kadey!

Its all good I'm feeling the same way I have had my face spit into one to many times and the fun is being taken out. I love the community and the game play is great however; hyping a hard mode where you make no changes that are worthwhile and fix cheeses but add glitches to make it more difficult it's kind of annoying. Gaming is my hobby and I do it to have fun but when the fun is taken out I may have to move on.

Rsinart

Well seeing the disappointment and frustrations on this board surrounding the HM, I think I will just hold off on even attempting it for now. I did the same with vog. I am not too worried about having the new guns right away, and have enough real life shit stressing me out, having a game do it is not worth it.

Wolfpack rounds do 2400 dmg on top of the 3300 that the impact + explosion does.

HoC does the same impact + explosion and (usually?) one of the MIRV shells will hit for 500.

God damn Bungie. What have you done. Clearing Hard raid without Gjallarhorn may not be possible. It is taking several more rockets to drop Crota's shield.

Well seeing the disappointment and frustrations on this board surrounding the HM, I think I will just hold off on even attempting it for now. I did the same with vog. I am not too worried about having the new guns right away, and have enough real life shit stressing me out, having a game do it is not worth it.

Getting through the first 3 sections isn't so bad from what everyone is saying. You can still get a ton of loot from that alone. Just don't put too much time into Crota if your team is not making progress.

Is it even possible to beat the HM raid without a defender titan or Gjallarhorn lol?

So much shit was happening when Crota lunged at us I couldn't even tell how many rockets it took for a proper shield break. I think we may actually have Gjallarhorns focus on the Knight towers now instead of Crota. Those things pose the greatest threat in the entire Raid.

Top Bottom