• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Gaming Setup: 2009 Edition

Yes Boss!

While nothing spectacular, here is my little gaming room. I don't really care about cord management, or really anything like decoration. This is just a nice little place to play my games.

Room:

room.jpg

SD setup: Wii, Cube, Japanese PS2:

Wii-2.jpg

A few of my sticks. I've got a ton more, they aren't shown:

sticks-1.jpg

HD Twins, two Triples and 2 360s (one Japanese for the shmups):

HDtwins.jpg

Mini movie collection...used to have thousands, now I've only got about 200:

movies.jpg

Games. Clearly I need a bookshelf:

games-1.jpg

Yes Boss! are you a drug lord? Oh and you do like you could do wonders with a bigger place. Hey what's up with the funky mountain dew bottles?

Yes Boss!

Urban Scholar said:
Yes Boss! are you a drug lord? Oh and you do like you could do wonders with a bigger place. Hey what's up with the funky mountain dew bottles?

Those were the limited edition aluminum Halo Game Fuel bottles released for Halo 3. Three together make a picture of Master Chief but I gave one away to a friend last year.

P1000201.jpg

I haven't posted shots of my gaming area / den in a few months, so I will now.

frontwall.jpg

sidewall.jpg

backwall.jpg

wallsplit.jpg

games.jpg

assorted.jpg

In that final set, the first photo is some of my Britney tour memorabilia (the program, tour top hat, tote bag, etc). The framed Elder Scrolls maps hang in the entryway.

nerbo

Toy Soldier said:
Electronics aside, I'm struggling to determine how many of your things were pilfered from a dead grandmother's attic, versus stolen from the prop chest of a bankrupt renaissance fair tour.

The HGTV channel was crated for people like you. Seek help.

Pojo

Banned
Toy Soldier said:

frontwall.jpg
Wow.

But uhh...how is that Panasonic TV? Is it one of the newer models?

Did you seriously frame those pictures? Was Heavy Metal magazine giving home decor tits...errm tips?

Pojo

Banned
I'm pretty sure he faked those pictures. Look at the Britney picture in the top right. :p

And X-Blades. :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Toy Soldier, the essence of a refined gaffer. Someone change his name to The Continental

Pojo said:
I'm pretty sure he faked those pictures. Look at the Britney picture in the top right. :p

And X-Blades. :lol

He's actually very into Britney Spears

fatty

I love that layout. That's similar to what I would like my place to be once it is set up how I'd like.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I never join these threads, but only because I have the picture at hand. It is missing half my setup since the other side is console dedicated.
100_1977.jpg

100_1976.jpg

fatty

Got around to checking out more pics in this thread (LoveandBeer, I'm not a Gears of War fan but I love the replica chainsaw gun you have framed), and noticed I missed some questions.

alr1ghtstart said:
do you seriously play all of those on that?

Sure do. I'm saving up for a better TV and waiting for prices to drop on LCD but I also want to make sure the refresh rate and lag are no longer a problem.

needlesmcgirk said:
Please tell me that's a framed picture of Reggie on your desktop.

The one and only. Awesome guy with a million dollar smile.

I took some other pictures that show the whole pad, I'll get around to uploading them and posting them.

dralla

Instead of just showing you my setup, I'm going to show you how much money I have spent/wasted over the last 4 years or so.

This was my setup when I first got my 360.

280lgqr.jpg

27" Samsung CRT HDTV ($900), Sony HTiB (free). I bought that TV a year before I got the 360. It handled 480p well for PS2/Xbox/GC games, but it was awful for for my new 360. Black bars and a pretty terrible picture. The Sony HTiB was a gift from a few years earlier, I was actually pleased with its performance.

So, I went out and bought a 34" Sony HS420 ($1,100). I knew I was getting a PS3 so I couldn't dare play on the POS Samsung anymore.

fuubtw.jpg

Great TV, still love it. The Sony HTiB was starting to show its age once I got MGS4. I knew I needed an upgrade to HD audio because of the PS3's audio options.

Bought an Onkyo TX-SR576 ($290) and Boston Acoustics Horizons MCS-130 speaker package ($370).

34eycqo.jpg

Unfortunately no pictures of this set up. Very nice upgrade over my old Sony HTiB. But! after visiting the AVS and other home theater forums I regretted not getting bigger speakers which I could fit. I just got a new job so I could afford another "minor" upgrade.

I found a great deal on Infinity Primus 362 towers ($300) and got the Infinity Beta 250 (free) as a Christmas gift. I wanted the matching center for the 362 towers but according to the spec sheet it wouldn't fit in my stand.

9blnab.jpg

Great speakers, love them! One problem though, the center sounded different than my towers. It was driving me crazy and upon further research it turns out the matching center for my 362 towers would barely fit, there was an error on the website with the dimensions.

So, ordered a Primus PC350 ($140) to match my towers.

54f61t.jpg

My front 3 now all matched and got a pair of PSB Alpha B's for surround use (not pictured), luckily for me, they were free.

My setup was now complete, loved everything. But :[, Pioneer announced they're leaving the plasma business and the only chance to get a 9G Kuro was now. This was a tough decision, but I didn't want to miss out.

ifvkzt.jpg

Pioneer PDP-5020FD ($2,000) - This is my current set up, all major components are in place. I still want to upgrade my subwoofer, I'm currently using the one that came with the Boston Acoustics package. All in all, about $5,100 over the last 4 years. That doesn't include the stands, the wiring, or the TV stand.

shuri

Banned
Toy's Soldier setup is the most fucked up mashup of weird shit ever. It's like the internet has come alive and decorated a room using random google search.

I'm not sure this thread will recover from his post. God damn dude.

Top Bottom