• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers |OT| Everybody Fights, Nobody Quits.

Kosma

Banned
Im not buying games from Arrowhead again.

I dont have much time to play and me and my friends wanted to play together.

Coordinating 3 grown men to play is tough, but the game is bronen and we couldnt play.

20 euro gone and maybe in a few weeks well have time again.

Bikram

I play on vita. My successful join rate is about 1 in 3.

I think they shouldn't have gone with cross-play at launch. They should have patched it later on. Most of the problem is arising out of that i think.
As I said have faced not a single issue with online either with friends or random people on PS3

Has anyone made any sense into the Cyborg language? I think it's the same kind of pseudo nordic they used in Magicka, isn't it?

I can spot some familiar words (I'm Finnish and now some Swedish), and I think they say "Death to Helldivers" at some point at least, they just pronounce the divers part in a scandinavian way.

I don't know why, but I find this intresting.

_hekk05

Banned

Well someone is really bitter. A patch is coming so hold on to your butt.

I play on vita. My successful join rate is about 1 in 3.

PS4 here. If you pick the right games to join (2/4 or 3/4), you can get a much higher join rate. I usually get it first or second try.

I think the matchmaking list isn't updated quickly enough. That's why a lot of the times you try to join someone but he's already in someone else's ship, or the game is full already.

Only crashed to start once, disconnected 3 times trying to get the shredder. Might try re-installing and seeing if the issue persists.

Kqh

Neo Member
Has anyone made any sense into the Cyborg language? I think it's the same kind of pseudo nordic they used in Magicka, isn't it?

I can spot some familiar words (I'm Finnish and now some Swedish), and I think they say "Death to Helldivers" at some point at least, they just pronounce the divers part in a scandinavian way.

I don't know why, but I find this intresting.

If true, then pretty cool. Also dude, we've been friends for almost a week and never got to spread democracry yet. Be online already !

I go to the movies and the projector is broken I just get my money back and go somewhere else.

They are holding my money hostage.

If that's your perspective, I'd tell you that you should have waited to see if issues popped up before plunking your money down.

_hekk05

Banned
I go to the movies and the projector is broken I just get my money back and go somewhere else.

They are holding my money hostage.

I'm already level 18. It can't be that bad if I can make it that far and only play 2 hours on weekdays, 5 tops on weekends.

And I missed every single 2x exp event.

Loomba

I missed out the first 2 double xp events on purpose because I didn't want to level up too quickly, man I'm I regretting that now haha

I've noticed as well public opinion is starting to sway on this game they need to fix the matchmaking asap

upselo

Neo Member
The friends list is not updating as quickly as I'd like, but I haven't had too much trouble playing with friends since launch. We've been joined by randoms fairly frequently as well.
Anyway, the game is a blast.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey guys,

Might not be able to play for a few days,as I will be returning the PS4 back to my friend. However, I will be purchasing my own this weekend. I made a backup of my save file from the PS4 to my USB, so that would suffice when I copy the save files to my new PS4 correct? I would also assume that it would automatically sync the save data since its cross play and save?

_hekk05

Banned
Hey guys,

Might not be able to play for a few days,as I will be returning the PS4 back to my friend. However, I will be purchasing my own this weekend. I made a backup of my save file from the PS4 to my USB, so that would suffice when I copy the save files to my new PS4 correct? I would also assume that it would automatically sync the save data since its cross play and save?

Can't you just upload the savefile to ps+ and download it on your new ps4?

I've never tried that before though

I dont have much time to play and me and my friends wanted to play together.

Coordinating 3 grown men to play is tough, but the game is bronen and we couldnt play.

20 euro gone and maybe in a few weeks well have time again.

You're not buying games from this specific developer again because you and your friends can't co-ordinate co-op sessions? How is it their fault?! And have you tried playing with randoms, or even other Gaffers?

Kosma

Banned
You're not buying games from this specific developer again because you and your friends can't co-ordinate co-op sessions? How is it their fault?! And have you tried playing with randoms, or even other Gaffers?

The game doesnt let me join my friends games.

That is the games fault.

We played other games fine together.

Yes! Finally! It's the patch US got like almost a week ago and it split the community.

Yeah I figured that might've been the case, it wouldn't even be the only recent game that this happened to (pretty sure DOA5 owners are complaining about their latest patch too). SCEE are the worst.

nicolajNN

Finally we get the patch, hopefully now I get a chance to spread democracy with US Divers.

I've now also had my first legitimately bad experience with other people in the game, a level 25 thought it fun to nuke the rest of the team right before the shuttle landed, so only he was extracted.

Z3M0G

I played yesterday on my Vita and unlocked a new strategem.

Several hours later I played on my PS4 and still had the strategem, but somehow lost the upgrades on my shotgun and perhaps some other stuff... (that I had before acquiring the strategem).

Not sure how this could happen... I don't think it's the first time either, but this time I'm more certain.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.

Same problem as him. We are grown men and schedule playing time around everyone's wishes and capabilities. This game was scheduled for a session but was cancelled after we couldn't get it to work.

It is not our fault and it's not that other guys fault who has the same problem. The game is broken for many, so I just wait for a fix. edit: and seems like there is a patch for EU countries too. I will try that.
It is our money and we expect a working product. It isn't a working product.

Playing with GAF is still not the same as playing with your actual friends you want to play with. Playing with randoms is not the same as playing with friends.

Matchmaking tips:

1. The host needs to stay put on the bridge! If the host keeps exiting to main menu or resetting the application or console, they are never going to show up correctly on their friend's game list.
2. Once the host has been on the ship bridge for 2-5 minutes, their game should now be joinable (orange colored text 1/4, not just "Online") by friends.
3. For those trying to join, if you can't see the host's game, exit to main menu, or close out and reload Helldivers. The host should not reset their game when troubleshooting! or else you are starting from square one.

The host going in and out gives false positives over and over. It seems that it takes a minute or two for your game to register on the Helldivers servers, so when you are trying to be the host and keep restarting, the session that shows up is probably the session you just ended a minute ago when you restarted, so your friends are constantly going to be trying to connect to your previous sessions that are no longer active but haven't timed out from the Helldivers servers. I have been doing these steps as a host and when my friend was a host last night and not a single person had a matchmaking problem.

Honome

GAF is the only place where grown men cries like babies. :p

Seriously, i agree that the game have some matchmaking problems but we're still in the launch week of it, people should give a little more time for the developers to fix the issues before saying it's "the worst game in history!".

LogicStep

This game is so good. Spent like 3 hours playing last night, time flies. So many unexpected deaths and friendly fire shenanigans, love it.

Matchmaking tips:

1. The host needs to stay put on the bridge! If the host keeps exiting to main menu or resetting the application or console, they are never going to show up correctly on their friend's game list.
2. Once the host has been on the ship bridge for 2-5 minutes, their game should now be joinable (orange colored text 1/4, not just "Online") by friends.
3. For those trying to join, if you can't see the host's game, exit to main menu, or close out and reload Helldivers. The host should not reset their game when troubleshooting! or else you are starting from square one.

The host going in and out gives false positives over and over. It seems that it takes a minute or two for your game to register on the Helldivers servers, so when you are trying to be the host and keep restarting, the session that shows up is probably the session you just ended a minute ago when you restarted, so your friends are constantly going to be trying to connect to your previous sessions that are no longer active but haven't timed out from the Helldivers servers. I have been doing these steps as a host and when my friend was a host last night and not a single person had a matchmaking problem.

Great tips here. Should be on first post if it works.

Pearson

Banned
Played properly last night for the first time - Went straight for the Multiplayer and loving it.

Really enjoy the teamwork aspect of the game

Great tips here. Should be on first post if it works.

I would appreciate some other people testing this out. I consistently had matchmaking issues when everyone in my group was trying to restart. Since trying those tips I haven't had a single problem. I hope they work for everyone!

PuMa

Seriously, i agree that the game have some matchmaking problems but we're still in the launch week of it, people should give a little more time for the developers to fix the issues before saying it's "the worst game in history!".

I think the point that some are making is that there shouldn't even be issues like these in launch week. This is worse than some betas I've done.

dofry

That tone is unnecessary and it makes you comment seem like what you are implying I am(, or someone else if I am mistaken the target of your vitriol).

It is a launch week yes, that's why I am still keeping the game of course as I know it's good. And I never said it is the worst game ever. Did someone?

"Some problems" is an understatement.

Matchmaking tips:

I copy-pasted this to my friends. Thank you.
This is good. I appreciate this a lot. Hope it works.

PuMa

That tone is unnecessary and it makes you comment seem like what you are implying I am(, or someone else if I am mistaken the target of your vitriol).

It is a launch week yes, that's why I am still keeping the game of course as I know it's good. And I never said it is the worst game ever. Did someone?

I agree with you. Is anyone "crying like babies"? No, of course not. We just want the game to work better. I think some people are just a bit oversensitive to negative criticism.

Honome

I think the point that some are making is that there shouldn't even be issues like these in launch week. This is worse than some betas I've done.

And which is the game that doesn't have issues at launch nowadays? Specially an alwaya online game... Also the game isn't unplayable like was Battlefield 4 (for an year) and Halo Collection (for 4 months). The issues are with matchmaking code and with cross-play and are issues that they could probably only discover with servers full of people playing. So i think people must have more patience because i am sure these issues will be fixed.

PuMa

And which is the game that doesn't have issues at launch nowadays? Specially an alwaya online game... Also the game isn't unplayable like was Battlefield 4 (for an year) and Halo Collection (for 4 months). The issues are with matchmaking code and with cross-play and are issues that they could probably only discover with servers full of people playing. So i think people must have more patience because i am sure these issues will be fixed.

Just because other games have major issues at launch doesn't mean we should start to expect less at launch from every game. There are plenty of developers who have had success launching games, even online, from the beginning.

stryke

It's sad consumers in this industry are relegated to being crying babies when complaining about a product that doesn't fully work as intended.

Honome

I'm sorry for the tone, was really exagerated. But i really don't know why people expect that online based games works 100% perfect at launch when is just IMPOSSIBLE for the devs to fully test the game servers without thousends of people playing it.

dofry

I am patient as I am just waiting for a fix. Stating that it has been unplayable for me and my friends so far is just a simple fact. We can't play.

Now that there is a patch, we'll try again and try to play using those tips posted earlier.
Sugarcoating the problems is not productive.

And I am jealous of all the people that do not have these problems. Very jealous. I want in.

I'm sorry for the tone, was really exagerated. But i really don't know why people expect that online based games works 100% perfect at launch when is just IMPOSSIBLE for the devs to fully test the game servers without thousends of people playing it.

Thank you. You are a nice guy I'm sure. I am too, just frustrated and maybe come out annoying currently.
Anyway, if we expect games to be broken, it's a terrible state of affairs for gaming currently. Put in the oven until they work.

PuMa

I think many people would even be OK with close-to-100%, but this is far from it at the moment. On top of that, you have the reset bug, which there is really no excuse for.

I think they shouldn't have gone with cross-play at launch. They should have patched it later on. Most of the problem is arising out of that i think.
As I said have faced not a single issue with online either with friends or random people on PS3

I'm a Vita player, and I doubt that I would have gotten it at launch without cross-play. The player body wouldn't be there for the Vita without it.

I'm usually able to join a public game in 3-5 minutes of searching. Not a big deal for me.

Top Bottom