• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: TV commercial debuts, customisation features detailed

Hugstable

Banned
After tonight just 2 more sleeps.

2 more!!!!!!

You're gonna be able to get it Sunday? Lucky! I hope my Best Buy is doing a midnight release, I got the LE ordered. Gonna be my first physical game for my PS4 LOL! Gonna enjoy the weekend and hope the time just passes by fast. Bloodborne is almost here!

tcrunch

heh heh heh heh heh
HJfE0xD.gif
wgS6KWw.gif
5CmMfKN.gif
DSoJVGo.gif

BioBooster

Neo Member
Could a non-junior member kindly post a thread for folks who've planned days off for Bloodborne on release day?

I've just joined the ranks almost by happenstance, but since the opportunity was there I ended up tagging on a bunch more.

Have seen comments here and there about peeps doing the same.

I suspect this will uncover quite a collection of GAFfers who are on the same page ;)

~much obliged

tcrunch

Could a non-junior member kindly post a thread for folks who've planned days off for Bloodborne on release day?

Well the OT will probably cover you and it will be up on Monday night since theoretically the game unlocks then on PSN yeah?

Also someone tell me when Gamersyde posts this trailer so I can edit in Johnny Cash.

Kudo

Sadly couldn't take the whole week but I'm taking Thurs-Fri off work and just made this gif to celebrate it:

KtrNYsI.gif

EDIT: Improved gif with physical cover, Kyoko is a real fan, bought it physical and digital!

BioBooster

Neo Member
Thanks tcrunch.

Still interested if anyone else sees potential for hilarity in there probably best enjoyed before release.

Sadly couldn't take the whole week but I'm taking Thurs-Fri off work and just made this gif to celebrate it:

Dvxq9IS.gif

LOL, same

My wife asked me to take the day off for doing something (can't even remember what it was with the kids), with unnatural speed I said, "The 26th???" <(release day in Japan)

Ended up taking off Friday as well because "my boss's always encouraging me to take more days off" lol - going to be soo good.

Dunno how sincere this is, but fella in the comments here says he'll take a month off lol
http://n4g.com/news/1694021/bloodborne-is-coming-and-im-taking-vacation-for-it

red731

Ended up taking off Friday as well because "my boss's always encouraging me to take more days off" lol - going to be soo good.

Dunno how sincere this is, but fella in the comments here says he'll take a month off lol
http://n4g.com/news/1694021/bloodborne-is-coming-and-im-taking-vacation-for-it

Taking one day off from work too. Wednesday, to be precise. Can't wait...I kinda crave for blood.

Also the month guy from link you've posted:
guy from link said:
It was also a game that tested everyone’s whose played it patients.

Oh yes, fuck patience...I want to cure my blood...patients.

Kanra

Luckily for me I have no school next week due to spring break! But I still have work in the evening, but at least it's something.

Sanctuary

Yeah, I don't want to make people think I've played. It's a mix of gut feeling and having watched alpha footage and followed the game since announcement. There's every chance in the world that I'm full of shit.

I think my main concern is that there is now seemingly only one way to success in Bloodborne - being aggressive and dodging. I feel like when you only have one kind of playstyle and the entire game is based around making that style powerful and effective it's naturally going to be a bit easier to pull off than in past games. I feel like with less stats and less weapons there are less ways to fuck up a build, making just about anything viable unless you intentionally fuck it up. I also haven't seen a mention of NG+ yet, which is where most of the challenge in past Souls games came from.

I don't think that'll make it a bad game, or lesser to the Souls series. I just think people who are familiar with this kind of gameplay will probably be surprised by how easy it is. I have every expectation that I may be proven wrong.

I think it's just a matter of diminishing returns. They aren't setting out to make a game that's harder than the previous Souls games, and most people that are already familiar with the gameplay mechanics (despite all of the claims of "it's totally different bros, you gotta unlearn everything you know!") will have a relatively easy time with Bloodborne. When Dark Souls came out, pretty much everyone that played it before Demon's exclaimed how it was "so punishingly hard" and when they went back and actually played Demon's, claimed that was actually easier. It was a matter of what game you played first is all, because what you learned in the previous will carry over to the next.

Dark Souls 2 is kind of a contradiction though. In some ways it was easier, but in other ways just as difficult, if not more due to shoddy mechanics, coding and requirements.

Bladed cane (whip?) will be my weapon of choice as well. That and a pistol.

I think the closest that would actually come to being a whip, would be a qilinbian. The way the weapon transforms into a "whip like" weapon with a bunch of segmented blades just makes it look like the Puzzling Stone Sword from Dark Souls 2, which was heavily inspired by the weapon Ivy from Soulcalibur uses.

Xargas_Snake_Swords_by_Gargant_by_dyyor.jpg

I hovered over buying the 3-month sub for a bit but decided to hold off until Monday night.

Well, it looks really nice, I'll give it that.

Except for the glaring, "LOOK AT ME!" white led that never shuts up.

Lucky Americans getting it on Tuesday whilst us Euro plebs have to wait until Friday :(

Actually if you live in the middle of the USA or out west you get it at like 9 or 10pm digitally.

Then I am going to the midnight release if they have one so I can get my CE early.

Vroadstar

What's up with the BB's loading time? I see a gaffer starting a new thread that's talking about games with worst loading times and guess what....Bloodborne is getting popular in there. Anytime now I bet we will see a new thread talking about how bad Bloodborne's loading time is.

Games not released yet but are already winning awards from concerns society....smh

Sanctuary

What's up with the BB's loading time? I see a gaffer starting a new thread that's talking about games with worst loading times and guess what....Bloodborne is getting popular in there. Anytime now I bet we will see a new thread talking about how bad Bloodborne's loading time is.

Games not released yet but are already winning awards from concerns society....smh

The game has been released and many have it. Just not officially. Many people have been watching the streams of others playing.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Do yourself a favour... don't
refresh the first page
turn around.

So far we have load times (same as previous games; yet to be patched) and AA... wonder what other dregs the Super Concern Force will scrape up from the barrel by this time next week.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just realized while watching that commercial that Bloodborne feels like what would be a great 3D Castlevania, we just don't have the whips or Belmonts here.
We do have the threaded cane though ;)

Vroadstar

Do yourself a favour... don't
refresh the first page
turn around.

So far we have load times (same as previous games; yet to be patched) and AA... wonder what other dregs the Super Concern Force will scrape up from the barrel by this time next week.

Yes I'm too late, the super concern force already got the loooong load times thread up. Funny thing is, the gaffer who started the thread came from the "games with worst load time" thread and he suggested a thread specifically for Bloodborne.

Guess you have to scratch that concern itch....

MavFan619

Banned

I've just joined the ranks almost by happenstance, but since the opportunity was there I ended up tagging on a bunch more.

Have seen comments here and there about peeps doing the same.

I suspect this will uncover quite a collection of GAFfers who are on the same page ;)

~much obliged
I planned my 3 paid vacation days around Bloodborne's release days. There is not way else I would rather get paid to not work.

Steroyd

Aw yiss Bloodborne will be mine in 7 days, FUCK YOU STUPID ASS UNITED FUCKING KINGDOM AND YOUR FUCKING FRIDAY RELEASE DATE.

*ahem*

Hype!!

zoukka

Does bb have a lot smaller focus on loot than souls and demon games? Not that I mind it, but that's the image I've gotten out of all footage.

Top Bottom