• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 teaser - Spartan Locke armor set

jelly

The Covenant designs, especially the Elites remind me more of Doom.

343 did hire a Doom 3 art person and it shows from interiors, flood infection etc.

Don't particular care for it that much but I would say Halo Covenant design isn't anything great to begin with. Peaked with Halo 2 and had a nice dark resurgence with Reach but now they are lost between Gears of War, Doom and not very unique future military, the latter was never a great strong point but good fun.

343 did hire a Doom 3 art person and it shows from interiors, flood infection etc.

Don't particular care for it that much but I would say Halo Covenant design isn't anything great to begin with. Peaked with Halo 2 and had a nice dark resurgence with Reach but now they are lost between Gears of War, Doom and not very unique future military, the latter was never a great strong point but good fun.

I liked the Halo Reach designs a lot. The Elites looked really great there.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
Well that ends that, now can they answer me if Locke's armor will be obtainable without Gamestop preorder?

Yes, everyone will have the opportunity to unlock the armor on day one. GameStop preorder bonus only guarantees you have it available from the start.

The CGI team did a great job to make the lighting and textures resemble what we saw in the beta. Disappointed Blur wasn't used, though.

The trailer was built almost exclusively using in-game assets to keep the look as consistent as possible.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
We'll be doing more episodes of The Sprint and showing behind the scenes progress across the game as we get closer to launch. Right now we're heads down on building the game and getting ready for E3.

Welfare

We'll be doing more episodes of The Sprint and showing behind the scenes progress across the game as we get closer to launch. Right now we're heads down on building the game and getting ready for E3.
More Sprints are a good thing. They were really entertaining.

Wow that is awesome to hear. I loved "The sprint". My only complaint was the bigger focus on the pro team in the later episodes. I would like to see more game stuff. Unfinished stuff etc. I love this behind the scenes looks.

Bsigg12

Wow that is awesome to hear. I loved "The sprint". My only complaint was the bigger focus on the pro team in the later episodes. I would like to see more game stuff. Unfinished stuff etc. I love this behind the scenes looks.

I would guess a new season of The Sprint would focus on the campaign. It would be cool if we got one for the build up to E3 and then another season after launch each going over the process of development. I really enjoyed the first one though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, everyone will have the opportunity to unlock the armor on day one. GameStop preorder bonus only guarantees you have it available from the start.
That's rad, good to hear.

You work at 343? I've never seen you on here before. Edit : Oh cool, you're Josh Holmes!

i dont like this trailer. the whole art style just seems off and the colour tones are very dark. halo is supposed to be bright and colourful and i was hoping with the start of new trilogy covenant would finally fuck off but nope here they are again for the gazillion for fuckin time.

best halo trailer is h3 starry night

Kssio_Aug

The trailer was built almost exclusively using in-game assets to keep the look as consistent as possible.

Awesome 2x!! :D

cool_dude

Banned
i dont like this trailer. the whole art style just seems off and the colour tones are very dark. halo is supposed to be bright and colourful and i was hoping with the start of new trilogy covenant would finally fuck off but nope here they are again for the gazillion for fuckin time.

best halo trailer is h3 starry night

I'm sure there will be a dramatic trailer with more traditional style as we near the game's release.

AlStrong

Would be great if you folks could go deeper into engine upgrades and comparisons to Halo 4. :)

Glass

Quoting this one more time because fucking awesome. Hope we get one set based on the multiplayer side post beta, and one for campaign.

Bsigg12

So I was right, it was CG with in-game assets.

It's CGI using in-game assets... unlike BLURs CGI.

Unless you don't seem to understand what I mean when I say in-game assets.

BLUR is most definitely going to be used for CGI in Halo 5 if they end up using CGI in the game for cutscenes.

There is no reason for them not to use BLUR unless the CGI is being done with in-game assets.

Looks like it. Anyways, I hope there is a nice release schedule planned for seeing the game going forward. Having the Hunt The Truth stuff each Sunday night is pretty rad and this random trailer drop was cool but I want more!

This trailer really, really, REALLY makes me want to see Big Team Battle shenanigans. I want some nonsense to happen if I groundpound vehicals from way up high!

Ground pounding a Banshee or Hornet out of the air? Yes please!

Top Bottom