• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does Sony have in store for PS4 in this winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurinka

It has been mentioned in several other threads recently. Basically we have this more or less confirmed:

Since you asked.

Tentative lineup:

Rime
Tomorrow Children
Dragon Quest Heroes
Ratchet & Clank
Alienation
Shadow of the Beast
Guns Up!
Persona 5
Disgaea 5
Killstrain
Drawn to Death
Fat Princess Adventures
No Man's Sky (first on PS4)
And we have E3 and Gamescom coming, where make sure they'll announce some of the games we know they are working on, and that some of them will very likely to be released this year. Candidates like the new IPs from Guerrilla, Bend, Media Molecule, Sony London or even others like The Last Guardian or Gravity Rush 2.

In addition to that there are chances to see some other PS3/Vita exclusive remastered in PS4, like Beyond, Gravity Rush or Uncharted.

Circinus

Microsoft has Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Halo 5 and Sony has what - basically only Persona 5. I'm thinking about buying PS4 but I must say - this year's Q4 doesn't look convincing. Could Sony have so many winter games to announce at E3? What do you guys think we can realistically expect from them?

I'm asking because I'm more and more thinking about buying PS4 and using my PC solely for games like Heroes of Might and Magic VII or Darkest Dungeons - bascially titles which wouldn'r require upgrading my current, 2 year old computer.

Persona 5 is not an SCE title fyi. ;)

"I'm thinking about buying PS4 but I must say - this year's Q4 doesn't look convincing"

Just curious, but surely you could play some games that have already been released as well? Or are you just looking forward to what SCE has in store for the short-term and middle-term future? ^.^

Anyway OT:

latest

hot-shots-golf-5-20071211044657283_640w.jpg

Tearaway-Unfolded-1-1280x720.jpg

2628046-6759323449-14894.png

12.jpg

Instead of constantly bringing up these topics, you can just look up existing threads or just look up "upcoming Sony Computer Entertainment games" on the Internet by the way. ;)

Sjefen

This tread is a week early, we already had one of these in April. Anyways PS4 have a ton of small and big titles coming this winter as listed above. Why is it so important that we need these treads over and over again, is it because MS have Halo 5, annual Forza title and TR2?

Na not bothered lol love my ps4, just saying.
no mans sky i want, nothing else there appeals to me, i might get them and enjoy them, but not on the edge of my seat biting my nails off in anticipation for them.. thats a job for Uncharted.

Then it's a job for Spring 2016, where Sony currently,tentatively has:

-Morpheus
-Uncharted 4
-MLB16
-Street Fighter V

TheNAC

Banned
Na not bothered lol love my ps4, just saying.
no mans sky i want, nothing else there appeals to me, i might get them and enjoy them, but not on the edge of my seat biting my nails off in anticipation for them.. thats a job for Uncharted.

Halo will be a big seller for consoles obviously. Forza i'm not sure since we already have had two Forza games (1 main entry, 1 great spinoff) and Tomb Raider I don't feel will be a system seller (especially with the rumored timed exclusive).

I feel GeOW remaster will sell well too if announced.

Shenmue 3
Monster Hunter PS4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Metal Gear Rising 2
Chrono Break
Alundra 3
Crash Bandreboot
Parappa the Rapper 3
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo 7
Croc 3: Return of the Gobbos
Vagrant Story 2
Dark Cloud 3
Tomba! 3
Ape Escape 4

And that's only the first 5 minutes of the show, all revealed in a montage. The real heavy hitters will come later.

delSai

Wait, again? Thats the third thread like this.
E3 is soon, Gamescom after that so a few games can still make it in time for winter.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
At this point, someone HAS to be doing it on purpose.

At this point it's clear that Sony should just pack up and leave the industry. They have no games lined up for winter 2015 and I haven't heard of any game for winter 2016 either which means there are NO GAMES coming out in over 2 years. Come to think of it they haven't even announced their games for winter 2017. That's over 3 years and still no games!

Wabba

This thread has already been here a bunch of times.

Sony releses game all the year not just in the winter periode. It looks a little rough for AAA exclusives for Q4, but there are a lot of multiplatform coming out, so there is no point in dropping alot of games into an already stuffed periode. They also have Rime and No Mans Sky, that are two of my favorite games coming out. Wouldnt be suprised if they have some secrets at E3 also.

jiiikoo

Banned
At this point it's clear that Sony should just pack up and leave the industry. They have no games lined up for winter 2015 and I haven't heard of any game for winter 2016 either which means there are NO GAMES coming out in over 2 years. Come to think of it they haven't even announced their games for winter 2017. That's over 3 years and still no games!

And there wasn't any games when it launched! So they have been selling for almost 2 years a console that has no games and it seems it will continue for another 3 years! Why did I buy one? :(

Skeff

Winter is coming.

I expected this earlier.

I'm guessing we'll be getting gran turismo and an uncharted collection along with a price drop and some star wars marketing that'll be fine and they can just keep churning out the releases through the year.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Games Media Opinion Piece: Is Sony's positioning of releasing their big flagships outside of Fall a sign of their fear of MS? A lack of faith in their IPs?
All I can hope for is that they delay everything for strategic reasons. It needs to happen.

I do think they delay things out of this year because of the marketing budget has already been used up. Getting Axiom Verge moneyhats and a Vita ad about a japanese boy being impressed by the Vita is worth two headquarters.

Rymuth

#Ps4hasnogames should become #ps4hasnogamesPERIOD just to drive it home.

Wake up, sheeple!

rrc1594

Wait this thread just got way more interesting so MS and Sony both half stoop to Moneyhatting this Fall/Winter. Nintendo is only one that is pure

Christhor

Sony really isn't releasing as many great games as they were in the early PS3 days, but at least other devs are picking up the slack. Persona 5 is going to be better than anything Sony's made in ages anyway, so it's alright.

Circinus

Sony really isn't releasing as many great games as they were in the early PS3 days, but at least other devs are picking up the slack. Persona 5 is going to be better than anything Sony's made in ages anyway, so it's alright.

They've been releasing many great games on PS Vita though. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom