• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So What is Sony Doing For The PlayStation 6?

64dd style 1tb disc thingies (full game on disc mandatory)
Nintendo-64DD-Disk-Top.jpg

one giant low-speed noctua fan
no day-one patches allowed
offline mode w/ physical switch

1P1A.gif

Reactions: Dis

yurinka

• AMD Zen 6 x86 (Chiplet-style design)GPU:
  • Custom AMD Navi 5
  • NPU: Machine learning silicon
  • Features: Next-gen Ray Tracing, Dynamic Global Illumination, ML Super Resolution, Micropolygon Rendering Optimization
  • No "power of the cloud bullshit"
  • Designed with a (wireless but not standalone) PSVR3 in mind that would be released around a year and a half later
  • Full BC with anything available in PS4 and PS5, probably PS3, PSP and Vita TV too.
  • Diskless SKU + detachable disc reader add-on sold both bundled and separated since day one
We should be asking what are they doing with the PS5 first
What they are doing with PS5 is to dominate the market

Bluepoint Games BloodBorne Remake!
Bluepoint moved away from remasters and remakes, they'll work in new games going forward. GoWR was the first of them.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
Same formula they have used for ps5

((Current Playstation + 1) * 0.7 improvements over the last console’s specs))/ GTA V Reveal video

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Native 4k/120 with full ray tracing features. 16gb Ram and standard 2tb HD. This is all that’s needed. There are a lot of other things I’d like but as a customer this is what I want to see at a price point that’s good.

What’s I’d like is all this in a form factor that’s portable with a dock however. I’ve b come accustomed to moving around for my gaming now.

It seems like the strength of the PS5 from a layman's perspective is in its management and efficiency of the pipeline and how data flows through the system as a whole. I expect that they will continue to work on this and that as the volume of data flowing increase it will have an even bigger payoff.
You got it. Sony whole marketing push for the ps5 was about how developers wanted to the tools to remain as easy to use as was on the ps4, and how they understand how customers have become accustomed to speed from technology. They just need to keep innovating with VR and handhelds. Look at the steamdeck, switch and gamepass for ideas to broaden on how Playstation owners can expererience their games in different ways under the same ecocsystem.

They have a solid foundation, but they need to make sure they keep up with Nintendo and Value when the new tech for handhelds evolve.

NinjaBoiX

As long as they dont go fully digital, they should be fine
Physical releases are on the way out bro, might as well just make peace with it.

For the average consumer digital just makes a lot more sense, people don’t want shelves full of boxes in their house.

I’ve been all digital for years now, and while I fully appreciate that it’s conditional ownership and all that comes with that, I don’t care. It’s all self contained on the console, I wouldn’t go back.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Zen5(8c)
RDNA5(72CU)
32GB GDDR7
2TB PCIE5.0 SSD
Dedicated Hardware co-processors for AI and RT.
$499-$549 no disc drive, but can buy a disc drive attachment like the new PS5.

MaKTaiL

They should focus their efforts on developing their own native DLSS alongside AMD with dedicated AI hardware and all just like Nvidia. Speaking of AI, I bet they will also delve into the "ChatGPT" era somehow.

HighPoly

Banned
Well, I wanna see a mix of amazing technologies, but what I'm waiting for, is something that will only be possible on PS6.

I mena, Cloth Physics, Hair Physics, Higher Textures, Geometric perfect elements, Better Ray Tracing.

Top Bottom