• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Ashodin

I just realized in the old scribblenauts trailer, that the guy writes crowbar, and the character is wearing a Half-Life Suit and glasses :lol

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
BorkBork said:
:lol at fan and balloon.

:lol at fighter jet breaking a wheel.

:lol at Death being grappled.

WTF HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?! I DON'T EVEN....

3d systems + 2d plane + object oriented programming and class hierachies

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Question about the "when you replay a level you can't use the same objects" concept--how many level playthroughs does the game remember? If I play the same level for an 11th time, does it remember all the objects I used for the first 10 times?

xir said:
3d systems + 2d plane + object oriented programming and class hierachies

ya no big deal really *brushes dirt off shoulders*

Cautious skepticism: are fetuses in this game? can I climb a mountain of fetuses?
I'm just wary of HOW many things this can handle, like Baruch Spinoza? or Sheppard pies?

adg1034

Dinosaur egg had better spawn a hatchable, spotted egg, with a rideable dino inside. Turtles should also be able to be jumped upon, and raccoon suit should allow you to fly. Also, spread gun. You guys could make this a series of gaming in-jokes for the ages.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
octopusman said:
Cautious skepticism: are fetuses in this game? can I climb a mountain of fetuses?
I'm just wary of HOW many things this can handle, like Baruch Spinoza? or Sheppard pies?

Restrictions:
- No proper/copyrighted nouns.
- Nothing "adult" (Jackson has implied that this extends to controversial items). Beer is not in the game but "Root Beer" is.
- Nothing incorporeal. No concepts. "Justice" is not in the game.
- No adjectives. It's not clear if it's no adjectives or just few--you shouldn't expect "baby seal" and "seal" to do something different.

Everything else is in.

Brashnir

Stumpokapow said:
Restrictions:
- Nothing "adult" (Jackson has implied that this extends to controversial items). Beer is not in the game but "Root Beer" is.
- No adjectives. It's not clear if it's no adjectives or just few--you shouldn't expect "baby seal" and "seal" to do something different.

Everything else is in.

so no "Death Star," but "Space Station" is in?

If this thing isn't gonna be released elsewhere think I maybe might get a DS for this thing. Sounds like splendid magic from the glorious imaginary world of dreamland.

Stumpokapow said:
Restrictions:
Everything else is in.
Wow this kinda makes me feel sick for suggesting an idea like that in the first place, feel depressed, as if I've betrayed some sort of purer innocence within me.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Stumpokapow said:
Restrictions:

Everything else is in.

Would typing in "baby seal" get you a baby or a seal?

webrunner

"Giant robot?" "Mecha?" "Black hole"?

The real question about this game is whether you can out-creativity the designers.

GDGF

Soothsayer
rexor0717 said:
This game is amazing. I don't see myself putting it down in the future.

Yeah, seriously. God I hope this takes off. The concept is truly unbelievable and this is really something that everyone should get behind.

CTLance

So God loses to Death? Oh the philosphical implications!

Sounds awesome though.

Things to try:
*Amulet of Yendor (/lifesaving/change/etc and other nethack items)
*Grue (Don't know if this is copyrighted or not.)
*Justin Bailey ------ ------ (and other cheat/levelcodes)
*Widedog
*Starman (From the Mario universe - no copyrights AFAIK)
*Magic missile (I wonder what will spawn...)

GDGF

Soothsayer
RickRoll would be funny, but not so funny without the song. Maybe they could midi the first few notes or something without getting in trouble. I wouldn't expect them to risk it though.

This is my most anticipated DS game now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
So I understand that there isn't any copyrighted material, and that's cool, but what about stuff that's public domain by now?

Like if I type in Frankenstein will I get Frankenstein? Same for Dracula (as opposed to the more generic 'vampire')

eXistor

The concept is beyond amazing, but I have worries that the actual game isn't gonna play great. Just from looking at the dev. walkthrough I can't say that the controls seems to be that great.

Tucah

you speak so well
I haven't been a fan of the previous 5th Cell games, but this sounds amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it.

First word I'm gonna try is dick. :lol

Like if I type in Frankenstein will I get Frankenstein? Same for Dracula (as opposed to the more generic 'vampire')
They say no proper names. So there will probably be a few things like that, but only as easter eggs.

Top Bottom