• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers & Hi-Res Artwork ~Official Thread~

Fireflu

Has anyone got a hi res image of the original RFG box art?

Image here:

2hd5to6.jpg

GhostSeed

Omnibus said:
la.gg is fucking down. u_u'

Maybe it's time for a new thread anyway. I think this type of thread should be monthly anyway seeing as there's a ton of the other dead links that aren't even la.gg related. What do you say, reboot in July?

soldat7

GhostSeed said:
Maybe it's time for a new thread anyway. I think this type of thread should be monthly anyway seeing as there's a ton of the other dead links that aren't even la.gg related. What do you say, reboot in July?

I think linking to this one in the OP would be a good idea if a new thread is born.

Omnibus

soldat7 said:
Seriously. Omnibus has been completely awesome. I've snagged probably a dozen wallpapers that he's uploaded.

BTW, thanks Omnibus.

You're welcome. ;-)

GhostSeed said:

Why not. What Cuth thinks about that?

dmshaposv

Dali said:
WTF is this shit? Folllow the goddamn thread. How many posts lead to a fucking zip file junior?

Fucking uncalled for. Omnibus has done more for this thread than you. Wave your penis, elsewhere.

Cuth

rockman zx said:
Can someone reupload the god of war stuff?.
Of course.

I'll start with the first GoW. I've updated my original message with new, working links (and a mirror for the 2 smaller pics):

Cuth said:
God of War

1> 4800 x 8700
2> 3596 x 2363 (mirror)
3> 3555 x 2011 (mirror)

EDIT: reuploaded also the GoW: Chains of Olympus images (here)

Cuth

GhostSeed said:
Omnibus said:
Why not. What Cuth thinks about that?
It's ok for me. :)

I've found a couple of interesting image hosting sites. I suppose we can test their reliability :)

Uppush.com - apparently limited to 10 MB for each image, no automatic thumbnails (it shows just the html-resized original pic)
PostImage.org - 5 MB limit for each image, bad quality automatic thumbnails [EDIT: DON'T USE THIS ONE, it uses imageshack to host the pics]

I guess we'll have to make separate thumbnails by ourselves :/

Cuth said:
Of course.

I'll start with the first GoW. I've updated my original message with new, working links (and a mirror for the 2 smaller pics):

EDIT: reuploaded also the GoW: Chains of Olympus images (here)

Thank you, that's all?, something from GoWII?.

Cuth

Forza Motorsport 3

12874 x 7243 (apparently is somewhat difficult for the browsers to show this image, given its size, it could be a good idea to use the "save link as..." option)

Cuth

Omnibus said:
Beyond 3,1MB that doesn't work for me. :-/
I've made several uploads and still I don't know exactly what kind of limitation it has. Sometimes it seems impossible to upload some images, even if they're smaller (both in byte and in pixel) than others that don't give any problem.

Some other sites:

www.imagebeast.net - up to 10 MB, but it gives an error to me with 7+ MB pics
www.picstation.net - up to 10 MB
www.fhqhosting.com - up to 10 MB (no thumbnail or forum-friendly links, only the direct link to the image)
www.theimghost.com - up to 15 MB, but it seems to have some problems with pics several megabytes big

To me, none of them seems as good as la.gg :(

Omnibus

Cuth said:
I've made several uploads and still I don't know exactly what kind of limitation it has. Sometimes it seems impossible to upload some images, even if they're smaller (both in byte and in pixel) than others that don't give any problem.

Some other sites:

www.imagebeast.net - up to 10 MB, but it gives an error to me with 7+ MB pics
www.picstation.net - up to 10 MB
www.fhqhosting.com - up to 10 MB (no thumbnail or forum-friendly links, only the direct link to the image)
www.theimghost.com - up to 15 MB, but it seems to have some problems with pics several megabytes big

To me, none of them seems as good as la.gg :(

I agree. Thanks for the links. ;-)

Cuth

The Legendary Starfy

01. 4096 x 4725
02. 1900 x 2744
03. 1500 x 1500
04. 1700 x 1776
05. 1600 x 1600
06. 1700 x 1500
07. 1700 x 1500
08. 3500 x 2000
09. 3465 x 1913
10. 3700 x 1700
11. 3112 x 1600

Prothero

Neo Member
Does anyone have the shots/artwork from the initial loading screens for Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 (the one with Alyx & Dog looking at a computer and the other with Dog jumping at a Strider) from The Orange Box in wallpaper size? That would be very much appreciated and infinite thanks in advance.

Cuth

Omnibus said:
Cuth, can you do add this one? Please. :)
Sorry, but... where should I add it?

It's already in the "thread summary", the link n. 4 related to Elebits. Maybe it's not the best choice if it's only a pic by the same artist who worked on Elebits and Dewy's Adventure, but not officially related to any game... I'm not sure.

Omnibus

Cuth said:
Sorry, but... where should I add it?

It's already in the "thread summary", the link n. 4 related to Elebits. Maybe it's not the best choice if it's only a pic by the same artist who worked on Elebits and Dewy's Adventure, but not officially related to any game... I'm not sure.

I didn't noticed it, my bad. ^_^

By the way, I've started to re-upload pics and add some new among them. (Zelda: Majora's Mask, Guild Wars: Factions...)

Burger

Man, this thread basically doesn't exist without la.gg

Anyone know what happened to it and if it's coming back ?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dedication Through Light said:
Wow you can password protect stuff too. (I had tried to look at the Anime Music and the Videos Anime)

Yeah, there's currently three access levels: public, password-protected, and private. Usually randomly generates a password for you, but you can set them to whatever you want.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I suppose since I'm blowing all this smoke about Opera Unite, I should put up or shut up.

Here's some Brawl artwork I have (not done by me, of course), most are not exactly high-resolution, but it's something I feel would help demonstrate the potential of the service.

Note: All the images in that link have not been uploaded anywhere, it's all 100% straight from my hard drive. Unite uses mystic voodoo magic to transform Opera into somewhat of a webserver, but despite this, the content can be viewed in any browser.

Top Bottom