• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ray Gigant trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hXamdILZE

Releasing July 30 for the PS Vita.

HPjlRa5.gif

Fighting the same enemy from multiple angles is a cool concept, and it looks pretty neat. Hopefully it's fun, too.

Alrus

I don't understand why they aren't showing more gameplay.

But the few glimpses we get to see look pretty cool, not a huge fan of the characters art but on the whole it looks very nice. I wonder if Bamco will localize this.

Etria

HPjlRa5.gif

Fighting the same enemy from multiple angles is a cool concept, and it looks pretty neat. Hopefully it's fun, too.

Nice, I like the animations for the monsters as well as the aesthetic they have going on for the battles.

Gotta love 'em first person dungeon crawlers. I really like the style of the battles.

I didn't know this was a dungeon crawler! Happily surprised :p

Looks pretty good, I hope it gets localized.

I second this.

Hikami

I neeeed it
and wow, July 30th is the release date? So soon, feels like they just announced the game not too long ago.
edit; (guess the release date was old news from a quick google, don't know how I missed that)

Faustek

This keeps looking better and better.
Now here's me hoping for this and Stranger of Sword city to be localized. Oh and if the mermaid is the only or most "unsavoury" part I'm really happy. Because man, I'm tired of trying to ignore blatant pandering (my own opinion) :(

Btw sorry to go off topic but why are so many so certain that this will be localized? or is it just my feeds that are overly optimistic?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
nice that they got the 2nd trailer out finally.

looks like they also put a good amount of resources into the dungeon design.

combat still will be an unknown until i get hands on with it. as graphics dont really matter all that much.

18-Volt

This could be the best looking DRPG I've ever seen. Too bad Namco isn't so hot on localizations nowadays. We're still waiting for Tales of the World: Reve Unitia, God Eater 2 and Digimon.

Mozendo

I'm really glad that the dungeon crawling is in first-person, more interested in the game more than ever, but still worried that I'm the story won't click with me. Looks very Shonen-ish

Parakeetman

This could be the best looking DRPG I've ever seen. Too bad Namco isn't so hot on localizations nowadays. We're still waiting for Tales of the World: Reve Unitia, God Eater 2 and Digimon.

ge2 and digimon were if anything waiting for the anime to air to drive marketing and hype.

----

Chikami-san said it does support PSVTV just confirmed with him

Looks very nice so far, they didn't show much of the battles though outside of what seems to be the beginning. But definitely very interesting. Animations look really fluid. Hope they localise it.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we got Demon Gaze and we get Operation Abyss ... so I'm optimistic somebody will localize this ...

pbayne

Aside from the character designs being a bit generic everything else is looking pretty awesome.

I really want to see a full battle video.

Parakeetman

Well, we got Demon Gaze and we get Operation Abyss ... so I'm optimistic somebody will localize this ...

as mentioned there is a fairly good chance bandai namco would localize it though the question is if they will go digital or not.

also other point of concern is there are three separate singers so the rights to that might or might not be a hassle depending how bandai namco has it set up.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah it looks Amazing, i hope we get it sooner than later together with stranger of the sword city. :)

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Really want this. Will import when it releases if I have extra budget to spare. Looks like it doesn't have pandering as well so that's a super plus these days.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
as mentioned there is a fairly good chance bandai namco would localize it though the question is if they will go digital or not.

also other point of concern is there are three separate singers so the rights to that might or might not be a hassle depending how bandai namco has it set up.

Yeah, and even though some people complained about recent releases having low localization quality (Sword Art Online, Tales of Hearts), I don't care as long as I can play the game. Heck make it digital only if you get a better margin that way - as long as it is English, I'm going to buy it.

Top Bottom