• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 12th

Carl

Wow, didn't think Xbox would be on top. Was it just cheap? I can't think of anything actually releasing that would have bumped it.

Kayant

MS statement

“As the best-selling console in the U.S. in April, fans set record April sales and engagement for Xbox One last month,” Xbox marketing boss Mike Nichols said. “Xbox One console sales in the U.S. increased 63 percent in April 2015 compared to April 2014 and Xbox Live comparisons showed the number of active global users (Xbox One and Xbox 360) grew 24 percent. We are grateful to our fans for their passion and support and are looking forward to sharing more on the best game lineup in Xbox history at E3.”

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/14/xbox-one-outsold-playstation-4-in-april-according-to-the-npd/

Weird for them to win this month..

I'm honestly considering selling mine if e3 doesnt blow me away. They have been more bullish on price though. Sony should probably hit $350 with a game for e3 to keep the momentum going.

Glad I didn't predict this month.

Couldn't even begin to think how I would survive my brackets getting combo breakered the way so many others are right now.

Good lord, I need to curl up into a fetus.

Should be a DAMN interesting NPD thread tho!

Boke1879

Weird for them to win this month..

I'm honestly considering selling mine if e3 doesnt blow me away. They have been more bullish on price though. Sony should probably hit $350 with a game for e3 to keep the momentum going.

Why would you sell yours? It's not like games aren't coming to it. Plenty to play throughout the year.

Sony just keeps sitting on their ass.

They are handily slapping around MS around worldwide, selling masses of software and hardware, making tons of money. Nobody is sitting on their ass, they had a gameplan and didn't need to change it.

I still don't see Sony dropping the price before the holidays, I suspect it will be a marginal win, maybe Cboats 7-10k will finally be right. Its good for MS though

labaronx

I don't know. I don't think those Xbox deals are in play for May at all. So it could be a toss up. June will be HUGE for the PS4 with the Batman bundle.

They are still preordering batman ps4s. Will they release in april or june

One didnt break 200k means ps4 dropped a lot

Kayant

Sony -

We also reached out to Sony for a comment.

“We would like to thank fans around the world for their continued support of the PS4,” a Sony spokesperson said. “According to NPD, PlayStation continues to lead software sales for April 2015 and PS4 remains the cumulative sales leader in the US. We are looking forward to an amazing E3.”

It’s important to note that Sony is saying that PlayStation as a whole, which include PS4, PS3, and Vita, is leading software sales. That isn’t surprising considering how well new games are selling on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and considering the lead Sony’s system has over the competition.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/14/xbox-one-outsold-playstation-4-in-april-according-to-the-npd/

ZhugeEX

Banned
Xbox One has now exceeded 7 million sales in the USA after 18 months.

The Xbox 360 took 24 months to achieve this milestone, the PS3 took 27 months, the Wii took 14 months and the PS4 took 16 months.

The combined total of PS4 and Xbox One and Wii U in the USA has now exceeded 19 million units.

Top Bottom