• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"____ just shot themselves in the foot": SHUT UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guled

FoneBone just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Neogaf culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Gamefaqs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Gaf, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Gaf users, after reading this thread, is not going to want to reply to any of FoneBone's posts again, nor will they read anymore of his threads. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but FoneBone has alienated an entire fourm with this move.

FoneBone , publicly apologize and close this thread or you can kiss your Gaf account goodbye.

Raistlin

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to meltdown.

The meme probably has the longest record of use on gaf before someone doing this.

313k5mu.jpg

Branduil

Guled said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Neogaf culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Gamefaqs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Gaf, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Gaf users, after reading this thread, is not going to want to reply to any of FoneBone's posts again, nor will they read anymore of his threads. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but FoneBone has alienated an entire fourm with this move.

FoneBone , publicly apologize and close this thread or you can kiss your Gaf account goodbye.
Nope, still funny.

Onix said:
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to meltdown.

The meme probably has the longest record of use on gaf before someone doing this.

I'm sure it has something to do with Japanophilia (I'm an expert)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It stopped being funny ages ago. Some misguided folks keep saying it's still funny and encouraging people. And then there are people for whom it seems to be new..who fall for it every time.

But yes, please stop.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I have no fucking clue what references you guys are making. Did I miss a bunch of meme-originating threads?

Edit: Oh. Gotcha.

Wizpig

Guled said:

I understood what meme we were talking about after i read this:lol :lol

Zenith

Banned
the guy did another one:

Muppet345 said:
Time for a wakeup call: Pennello is a filthy liar and a criminal.

He is full of Orwellian doublespeak straight from 1984. Either Microsoft has brainwashed him or he's deliberately lying on their behalf. I cannot believe Square is doing business with them. It disgusts me, to the core, and it's only a matter of time until the Japanese public shun them as outcasts. This has happened to businesses before.

My friend Mark described a general scenario to me that I agree with. Picture this: you have a product that people want. This product has the potential to sell a great deal, but it requires a multimedia electronic system to operate. Do you develop the product for a company that has honor and will treat you with respect, or do you develop the product for a company that has none and will throw you to the dogs after they've made their buck?

(I'm talking about Microsoft and Sony in that analogy)

Microsoft will betray Square. Final Fantasy XIII will not sell to an American audience, and then Square is stuck with the Japanese they betrayed. Checkmate. All in Microsoft's plan. The fallout from this is going to be HUGE and Square is about to see it. I can see the writing on the wall. I'm surprised some of you can't.

I hate to see Square fall this hard.

Thanks, it's good to be appreciated. I've seen a lot of people quoting my post around the board and they seem to generally agree with it, which makes me happy. If some still don't see it coming, well, I'll do my best to enlighten them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom