• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you like Knack.

you definitely know something do you

200.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Deal!

Bet ends as soon as this years Tokyo Game Show starts ;)
(And yes, I like Knack.)

So just like all the previous console generations? =)

Well yes but at the start of the last generation MS did at least try in Japan for a bit while Sony coasted and did next to nothing. Now it's the opposite.

MisterR

Well, it really depends what kind of japanese games we are talking about, and if they're exclusives or not...

Well, I like a lot of different Japanese games and "you're going to need a PS4" kind of implies exclusive, not that that matters as long as I get to play them.

Mezoly

i don't think that neceserally means they will have something to announce there.
Herman Hulst from Guerilla Games was also present at E3 last year even tough GG didn't announce anything
They did annouce killzone multiplayer expansion forgot what it was called.

Eolz

Well, I like a lot of different Japanese games and "you're going to need a PS4" kind of implies exclusive, not that that matters as long as I get to play them.

Oh yeah, wasn't about you specifically.
I just know some people can be disappointed if you talk about japanese games and you "only" get games like Neptunia or Disgaea for example.
And for the exclusive part, well, there's still PS3 ports (Persona...) and publishers seem more open to making PC ports as well.

But obviously, if you need a home console to play japanese games, it'll mostly be about the PS4 this time. It just won't likely be like the previous generations...

Oh yeah, wasn't about you specifically.
I just know some people can be disappointed if you talk about japanese games and you "only" get games like Neptunia or Disgaea for example.
And for the exclusive part, well, there's still PS3 ports (Persona...) and publishers seem more open to making PC ports as well.

But obviously, if you need a home console to play japanese games, it'll mostly be about the PS4 this time. It just won't likely be like the previous generations...

PS4 is looking better than PS3 in terms of Japanese support.

klaushm

That bet can be something even better if...
It is a Gaf-Bet :D

People want to take a side?

Final Fantasy VII Remake annouced till TGS(conference day or conference ends?)

Losers going to use a chosen avatar(Knack) for 6 months.

Favor:
Kyoufu

Against:
John Bender

If you like Japanese games you'll need a PS4 this generation.

Awesome, generally one would think this is common knowledge, coming from you it sounds like Sony is going in on Japanese games. Whereas before they just left the door open for them to come if they want.

If FF7 remake is revealed then that thing at the PS Experience was a Kojima level troll.

Favor:
Kyoufu

Against:
John Bender
The TGS starts after the SCE conference/Keynote etc.
So till the conference ends!

AmanoBuff

Good! Let's bet!
The winner will choose the new avatar for the loser (and he has to keep it for 6 months).

I hope you like Knack.

oAvu4PQ.gif

So, according to Andrew House, this year first party lineup is a bit sparse, but at the same time says Sony will have an exciting E3 show.

And it seems UC4 is coming early next year.

PlayStation Boss Says “First-Party Lineup is a Little Sparse” in 2015, Thinks E3 2015 Will Be An “Exciting Show” (Update)

klaushm

The TGS starts after the SCE conference/Keynote etc.
So till the conference ends!

Thanks.
Sooo...

Gaf-bet: Final Fantasy VII Remake announced till TGS(conference ends)

Favor:
Kyoufu

Against:
John Bender
klaushm

Kyoufu

FluxWaveZ

So, more 3rd party exclusives? Oh my. Hurt feelings inbound.

Andrew House:
That doesn't necessarily mean exclusive third-party support. To date, House said Sony has been primarily trying to get multiplatform developers to simply take advantage of features the PS4 has over the competition, like SharePlay, or maybe include extra content in the PS4 version or give players early access to add-on content. Third-party exclusives are still an option, just not a frequently used one.

"I will admit that these are, in the current publishing landscape, few and far between, but we were able to announce a full exclusive around a franchise like Street Fighter so that Street Fighter 5 is a complete exclusive for PlayStation 4," House said, adding, "Although given publishing dynamics and development costs, those are increasingly difficult to secure."

Thanks.
Sooo...

Gaf-bet: Final Fantasy VII Remake announced till TGS(conference ends)

Favor:
Kyoufu

Against:
John Bender
klaushm
Wait, wait, waaaait! Kyoufu is the one with the Knack avatar.
I haven't announced MY avatar yet ;)

Favor:
Kyoufu

Against:
John Bender

I'm out. Stakes are too high. That Knack avatar is a dangerous thing.

So i guess we're talking about more Sony-funded 3rd party games? I guess Level-5 IP files under this.

I still don't understand why they still give Level-5 money for JRPGs.
Waste of money. Cattle Call, for example, proved that they can make a great JRPG.
Level-5..... well, is a great handheld dev.
I'm out. Stakes are too high. That Knack avatar is a dangerous thing.
Knack avatar if I lose. I haven't announced my avatar yet ;)
(it won't have Knack in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom