• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Between now and TGS. That's my bet.

I have a weird feeling that it wouldn't be announced during this year but we will see. (I'm not getting involved with avatar bet anyway)

Edited: now I'm tempting to change my countdown list just to include FF7 Remake.

Are people completely delusional or something? WHY would Square even announce a FF7 remake when the PC port is not even out on PS4 yet...? Wouldnt make any sense..

Not again...

Although after listening to the 8-4 podcast, I'm willing to believe Sony has another exclusive with SE.
Haven't heard the podcast. Could they just mean Dissidia or something else?

Wouldn't mind if you could paraphrase what they said, if possible.

You all love pain and suffering.

Disappointment is your Panacea.

Despair is your sustenance.

Your only joy is the soul crushing defeat that comes after believing in SE.

We are one and the same. For a new Wild ARMs is both my rope to happiness, and the noose in which Sony hangs me.

Are people completely delusional or something? WHY would Square even announce a FF7 remake when the PC port is not even out on PS4 yet...? Wouldnt make any sense..

Unless they canceled the PS4 version of the original due to negative fan backlash and are ramping up production on a remake that retcons 95% of the compilation.

Not again...

Although after listening to the 8-4 podcast, I'm willing to believe Sony has another exclusive with SE.

The latest podcast? Some E3 talk there?

FF VII (PC port) was supposed to be release this spring, which is almost over. Maybe they saw the backlash and they'll announce a full remake soon. Verendus says it's in development.

AmanoBuff

I don't think SQEX will make much fuss about the PC FFVII port. They'll announce that it is available and that's it. They know how hard they trolled us at PSX.

As for a real remake. I don't think we will hear anything major FF related stuff until after FFXV is out and selling. The last thing I would want as a gaming company is to take attention away from my next main installment. FF remakes and ports are fine to fill the gaps, but a FFVII HD remake is one of the few games that could easily take all the attention away from XV.

Unless they reveal the PC port was a troll and announce an actual remake.

Unless they canceled the PS4 version of the original due to negative fan backlash and are ramping up production on a remake that retcons 95% of the compilation.

You guys are joking and trolling me now... How could you guys seriously still believe an actual remake is right around the corner. SE knows since the PS3 tech demo that we want a FF7 remake...

Square must have something big enough that would warrant them having their first E3 conference. We know FF XV is going to have a small showing, and FF VII fits the bill quite nicely.
Wouldn't bet on it, but what is talking so long to release a damn PC port.

Spider/Focus Homes Post Apocalyptic RPG The Technomancer will be shown more at E3. Currently scheduled for PC, PS4, XB1 in 2016

the_technomancer-04_small.jpg

Sony need to have a good one.

Their line-up for the rest of the year is very poor and they aren't presenting at Gamescom so their next presentation is in October. If E3 is bad for them, they have the rest of June, July, August and September and some of October to wait before getting the hype building again.

I personally think skipping Gamescom is a bad idea.

I don't see Rise of the Tomb Raider being at squares since Microsoft is publishing it. It could have a short trailer I guess but nothing more than that. I think its safe to say we'll get a 10-15 minute demo at MS w/ Release Date then a short story trailer @ Square ?

I don't expect it to take up 10-15 minutes of the MS conference. Does any single game usually do that at a first party conference?

They'll show it at the Microsoft event, then say look forward to more at the Square event, I suspect.

Its one of Squares big IPs, they will want to get maximum exposure for it across both.

Sony/EA did a similar thing for Dead Space a few years ago iirc, and do it for Ubisoft games too

DNAbro

Has this guy got a proven track record? I don't think I could handle an announcement today.

his track record is previous work. He has lots of connections to the industry due to Unseen64 where they dig up info on beta version and unreleased games.

FelipeMGM

his track record is previous work. He has lots of connections to the industry due to Unseen64 where they dig up info on beta version and unreleased games.

Yes, he seems like a reliable source. He was in this thread a couple day ago talkin about The Uncharted Trilogy and the new Skylanders. Maybe he will show up again

stryke

Haven't heard the podcast. Could they just mean Dissidia or something else?

Wouldn't mind if you could paraphrase what they said, if possible.

The rumor's from X My Heart. Basically a guest from q-games is acting as a secondary source citing James Meilke that Microsoft will get "their balls kicked". It's flowery language and I don't know much about Meilke other than he's formerly at 1UP and now working at Shinra Technologies. He could be a Sony fanboy for all I know.

I just guess that he has heard of a PS4 exclusive from SE and as a biased employee maybe he thinks it's a huge fucking deal. I also don't think Shinra Technologies is coming to PS4 cos that kinda competes with PSNow.

mcbradle

Neo Member
I honestly think people will be underwhelmed by Square Enix and Bethesda due to high expectations. To the people thinking that Square is going to blow the lid off everything possible, not a chance. They will have Tomb Raider (though I bet it's short in order to give Microsoft the bigger stage presence for that game), Deus Ex, Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest Heroes (release date, not much else), Kingdom Hearts III, and, if we're lucky, Hitman. To be honest, that's expecting a lot from Square, but it's realistic.

Bethesda will likely show some substantial Doom gameplay, Battlecry, whatever their surprise is (I'm not willing to say it's Fallout just to avoid getting myself hyped and then disappointed if it isn't), and to go out on a short limb, Dishonored 2. I'll make a bold claim and say Dishonored 2 is coming in spring 2016.

Fallout 4 is definitely going to be revealed though like why else would Bethesda have a conference. They need at least one big game, yeh some of you might say DOOM but lets be honest Fallout is bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom