• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

salromano

biNsCfW.png

Hmm

I always forget that David Cage isn't the bossman of Quantic Dream.

Make him wear something from Star Ocean 4.

I know I've been beat, but Lymle. Give her a "Kay" speech bubble.

Philippo

I still don't understand why they still give Level-5 money for JRPGs.
Waste of money. Cattle Call, for example, proved that they can make a great JRPG.
Level-5..... well, is a great handheld dev.

I agree with you.
They're more than capable on a graphical and audio the graphical side, but their combat systems (as well as side quests) and narrative skills are lackluster (forgettable plots and anonymous characters).
But they've still got some experience, so i guess they deserve a shot at next-gen developement.

I'd like if this is some proper collaboration, maybe having someone from SCEJ staff could shake things up a bit.

I agree with you.
They're more than capable on a graphical and audio stand point, but their combat sistems (as well as side quests) and narrative skills are even worse (forgettable plots and anonymous characters).
But they've still got some experience, so i guess they deserve a shot at next-gen developement.

I'd like if this is some proper collaboration, maybe having someone from SCEJ staff could shake things up a bit.
Exactly! Just look at the Square-Enix/Dragon Quest collaboration. It was a great game.
Tech -> Level-5
Rest -> Square-Enix

If I see another little child as the main character of their AAA JRPG, I'm gonna stab myself.

FelipeMGM

Exactly! Just look at the Square-Enix/Dragon Quest collaboration. It was a great game.
Tech -> Level-5
Rest -> Square-Enix

If I see another little child as the main character of their AAA JRPG, I'm gonna stab myself.

What if the The Last Guardian now has RPG elements?

EDIT: Ok, now I saw you talkin about especifially of Level 5 game and not any AAA PS4 JRPG

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I still don't understand why they still give Level-5 money for JRPGs.
Waste of money. Cattle Call, for example, proved that they can make a great JRPG.
Level-5..... well, is a great handheld dev.

Knack avatar if I lose. I haven't announced my avatar yet ;)
(it won't have Knack in it)

I really liked Rogue Galaxy though. They need to make more like that.

I could see the next mainline Dragon Quest game becoming a PS4 exclusive. Seems Sony is leveraging not just money but resources to make these games happen so that could be enticing to Square Enix.

I could see the next mainline Dragon Quest game becoming a PS4 exclusive. Seems Sony is leveraging not just money but resources to make these games happen so that could be enticing to Square Enix.

Ag this point I don't even know if it would be worth it for the potential cost. The Japanese market is dying and spending a bunch of money to get a game only big in Japan seems foolhardy

Jigolo

I think it's kind of become default just due to how the consoles are selling in Japan. SE probably lose money when they release a game on XBO.

Ag this point I don't even know if it would be worth it for the potential cost. The Japanese market is dying and spending a bunch of money to get a game only big in Japan seems foolhardy

what if its a crossgen PS3/PS4 game ! The Ps3 would definitely deliver some good japan sales and with the Ps4 you could try to get more Fans in the West.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that DQ XI will be a PS4 Title....All those hints and rumours can't be there for nothing.

klaushm

Tech -> Level-5
Rest -> Square-Enix

I don't mind a kid been the main character, as a frog, or anything.
As long as I sympathize with the history or motives, and it is well developed, I really don't mind.

Eolz

PS4 is looking better than PS3 in terms of Japanese support.

How exactly? Quantity/quality for the first two years? Promises?
Keep in mind that when I was saying generation, I meant generation as a whole for home consoles(360+wii). This time, the wiiu has no support and ms is trying to get some japanese games, and nothing really high profile apart from Scalebound.

Philippo

Yeah in that one the worlds were interesting (although too much corridors), some decent sidequests (monster hunting, beetles arena), a nice growt system and a battle system that although nothing special it was still enjoyable.

Story and characters were still shit though.

There is still the rest of the world and they can't sell consoles in Japan with no games releasing there. Hence Sony I think would co finance and take the risk off of Square's shoulders. That doesn't mean they make a $100 million DQ game, but I do believe they can make their money back with a mainline DQ game. Look at the scale of Xenoblade, that game is not being made on FF numbers.

Story and characters were still shit though.

Level-5's great at creating a cohesive universe and world design, I feel. I love how vibrant their crafted worlds and universes tend to feel, be it in Youkai, Rogue, NnK or even WKC.

But their stories and characters are pretty hit-or-miss.

How exactly? Quantity/quality for the first two years? Promises?
Keep in mind that when I was saying generation, I meant generation as a whole for home consoles(360+wii). This time, the wiiu has no support and ms is trying to get some japanese games, and nothing really high profile apart from Scalebound.

As a JRPG fan, the games coming out (and announced/hinted) on the PS4, in this time frame, seem more attractive to me than the PS3.

I think Square just trolled everyone into thinking it was a port and now they'll show the trailer with the updated graphics! BELIEVE!

And I won't take part of the bet, I had to wear a Knack avatar for months for the same reason you guys are betting, but for the OSX 2014. That's already enough for me lol

Bousf

I feel like, if Level 5's game doesn't show at the Sony press conference I will freak out because it could totally mean SE and L5 teaming up again.....that or L5 bailing and skipping the event.

*lights another candle for Rogue Galaxy HD + Rogue Galaxy 2 announcement*

thuway

Will you marry me? O_O

Srs, so many people spit on Rogue Galaxy, I find it to be on par with Kingdom Hearts. In fact, the gameplay, free roam mechanics, and the live battle system reminded me a lot of Kingdom Hearts- except, Rogue Galaxy had this incredible Star Wars meets Cowboy Bebop feel.

I feel like, if Level 5's game doesn't show at the Sony press conference I will freak out because it could totally mean SE and L5 teaming up again.....that or L5 bailing and skipping the event.

*lights another candle for Rogue Galaxy HD + Rogue Galaxy 2 announcement*

What if it's Dragon Quest XI?

Yoda

Prob gunna be a very tame year, longer dev cycles don't really allow for these conferences to have the same level of surprises they use too.

FelipeMGM

Sounds like E3 2014. Which is why E3 2015 could potentially be really great.

Yes, I think that from this E3 forward we will se way more stuff per conference. I think Wii U failure was a bad rep for the next generation of consoles and now that both the PS4 & Xbox One are a huge success, publishers will invest more money on the market

klaushm

Sounds like E3 2014. Which is why E3 2015 could potentially be really great.

That was...

That was last year.

Prob gunna be a very tame year, longer dev cycles don't really allow for these conferences to have the same level of surprises they use too.

Perfect.

PS4 was launched November 2013, first year E3 was 2014.
PS4 second year E3 is a few days away. 2/3 years developing games is a good time :D

MattyG

Banned
Looks like Fallout 4 won't be getting revealed today. I was hoping Unseen64 guy was right about that. Oh well, it's probably better that they didn't do it before their conference.

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks like Fallout 4 won't be getting revealed today. I was hoping Unseen64 guy was right about that. Oh well, it's probably better that they didn't do it before their conference.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for it today but goddamn, the thought of a new Mass Effect and a new Fallout being revealed in the next few weeks is salivating.

I love myself a good bet, but no real idea just yet.

My initial idea was to say U4 will release prior April 2016, but that's practically confirmed now. Thanks Andrew!

RexNovis

Banned

This. Rogue Galaxy is, IMHO, their best game. If they can put something out that's renascent of RG I'll be extremely happy.

#smmfh
Some people never learn.
(If you're talking about a remake and not the crappy PC port)

What's wrong with believing in a remake?

Because it won't happen.

Want to bet?

Seriously? A bet?
You believe SE will announce a FF7 REMAKE at E3 2015????
Seriously?

Between now and TGS. That's my bet.

Jon-Stewart-Oh-My-God-MRW-Gif.gif

Holy Shit! YES!!!!!!

So Sony has basically killed all hype for their E3 by saying they have nothing to offer first party wise this Fall? And kind killed the notion of any major 3rd party collaboration too. Muted my hype for their conference any way.

Kyoufu

So Sony has basically killed all hype for their E3 by saying they have nothing to offer first party wise this Fall? And kind killed the notion of any major 3rd party collaboration too. Muted my hype for their conference any way.

AAA announcements at E3 are typically for games not due until the next calendar year at least.

RPGamer92

Banned
Because they're only going to be showing 2015 games. Also they have Persona 5, Tearaway, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, and probably Uncharted Collection for Fall as well as a lot of indies (Tomorrow Children, Rime, SOTB, Hellbalde).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom