• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaushm

Lets just hope they aren't any leaks this year. Lets go in and actually be suprised for once.

I hope so. But, there were "leaks" at PSX that made me think PSX was lame, at the time. Looking back, it was awesome.

Not because the leaks became true, but, the oposite and worse(FFVII)...

When did House say no third party collaboration?

Also, I hear we're in for another year after 2015 called 2016.

He didn't say no 3rd party collaboration, just that they were hard to obtain and expensive. Hopefully he is sandbagging a bit on both fronts because I am not genuinely excited for ANY game after MGSV in September.

FelipeMGM

TEAM KYOUFU ALL THE WAY

cyacja.gif

Not happening actually

Boke1879

did you see the guy' laugh when he announced it? thats the laugh of a person who KNOWS something

Put me on the "Favorable" Bandwagon

if i fail, make sure my avatar is still vaguely a gorilla

Part of me just believes SE is just that fucking oblivious and he laughed because he thought he was revealing something that would make us shit out pants..I will buy the port.

But with Verendus pretty much saying a Remake WILL happen I believe it exists. Just don't know when it'll be announced as V said it was very far off.

klaushm

I haven't seen anyone unequivocally address this.

If he's not an insider, then there's no reason to get especially excited here. Announcing an FF7 remake following the announcement of a port sounds...preposterous. I hope I'm wrong.

Yup. Pretty much. I would love to belive that. But PSX still hurts...

Welfare

The cards are played.

MY1ghGH.png

"There are many Sony first party games coming out this year and beyond, like Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded, Gran Turismo 7, *cough*The Last Guardian*cough*, and God of War 4. All of these games, and more, are #4theplayers."

wmlk

But seriously.

Having the balls to announce a port AND THEN bait-and-switching them into a remake would be an all time moment.

Which is precisely why it won't happen. ;_;

With regards to the "how," I think it's pretty likely that any TLG footage will be shown at the very end of Sony's conference, right? If they want to end on a high note, there's probably no higher note than that.

But seriously.

Having the balls to announce a port AND THEN bait-and-switching them into a remake would be an all time moment.

You mean like they did with Until Dawn?

Edit: Oh, you're referring to FF7. I don't get why people still think that's ever going to happen.

I haven't seen anyone unequivocally address this.

If he's not an insider, then there's no reason to get especially excited here. Announcing an FF7 remake following the announcement of a port sounds...preposterous. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not entirely unprecedented. It might not be the greatest example, but Sony announced that the original Killzone was going to be released as a PS2 Classic on PSN. The release date came and went without so much as a sound, and then a few months later they announced it was getting a full remaster with trophy support.

Perhaps enough people got pissed off about the PC port that they've scrapped that and decided to give FF7 a remaster at the very least.

Ray Down

Banned
But seriously.

But this is Square were talking about.

They went to the PS4 reveal with "please be excited" and PSX with a port of the PC version of 7.

That means it will happen. :p

ArjanN

Unless that FF7 Remake is PS4 exclusive, I can't really get hyped about it.

If it's exclusive, I can rest easy knowing it will be built specifically for the PS4 and will take full advantage of its hardware capabilities.

If it's multiplat, I'll just constantly end up thinking "what it could've been...".

Would you say you're an expert?

Edzi

I remember hearing speculation that Microsoft might release Killer Instinct on PC, and potentially make it cross play with the Xbox version. Is this still something people think is likely to happen?

Salex_

I've been reading threads throughout the week and it seems like most people are so focused on how "big" a game is in terms of sales potential, the amount of hype when announced, or the marketing budget. What about the quality of the actual game?

There's a bunch of already announced games with positive impressions or is looking promising. It's strange to see some of those games being overlooked because they aren't rolling with a Halo/Uncharted/Zelda/COD/etc marketing campaign (a lot of those announced games are new IPs as well).

Hell, I've even seen some people randomly bringing up the sales impact of Persona 5 to attempt to dismiss the game when it gets mentioned as an upcoming game.

About E3: I'm looking forward to seeing Scalebound, Level-5's PS4 game (curious to know if this is another Sony/L5 project), and hopefully Gravity Rush 2 (or GR1 PS4 at the very least). Bend or Guerilla Games's new IP would be nice to see.

Mikey Jr.

/Lights come down

/FF7 menu comes up

2 options:
NEW GAME
Continue?

/Hand is flickering between the two options

"Lol, fucking Square trolling again!"

/Hand selects NEW GAME

FF7 REMAKE CONFIRMED MEGATON!

This is how I expect it to go down.

FluxWaveZ

FF7 and TLG, huh. People should latch onto the fact that Yu Suzuki has renewed his status on Twitter just a few days ago so that Shenmue 3 can enter the picture. And we shouldn't let out Agent and Half-Life 3, either.

Grimløck;165436646 said:
we on that ff7 remake hype again? lol e3 madness indeed

Shenmue 3, an Eternal Darkness sequel, TLG, and an FFVII remake have all been recently discussed to varying degrees on these forums. It's fun to think about, as these are highly coveted titles and would elicit colossal amounts of joy and excitement from gamers, but it's also important to keep our expectations in check.

I would love to see all of those games, though. An Eternal Darkness remake would also be awesome, or even just releasing the game on the Virtual Console (I never played it).

BY2K

Membero Americo
I mean, there must be a reason why they haven't talked about the PS4 re-release of the PC version since they announced it, right? It was supposed to be out in Spring!

hawk2025

I mean, there must be a reason why they haven't talked about the PS4 re-release of the PC version since they announced it, right? It was supposed to be out in Spring!

Because it's a reactive PC port-dump that they are pushing out with little thought after hilariously misreading the demand for a remake.

It's quiet around it because it's crap and has been given little thought, not because of a fantasy that somehow they announced it, but then "not really, it's a full remake! It's been a full remake all along!"

This is how massive disappointments are born. It makes exactly ZERO sense, and some of y'all are running with it.
We will get a port dump, and you'll be lucky if it even has a platinum trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom