• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Here's a thought, and I'm just throwing this out there.

Jon gets stabbed in a kind of chaotic way in the books, right? It's not like a Caesar style thing where the culprits set up a day and time for his assassination.

I think it kind of has to happen like a crime of passion. Otherwise it's treason for the person involved.

The show has characterized Aliser Thorne as an unimaginable bastard who would send Jon to die, but he won't abandon his vows, nor kill his LC for making a bad decision.

Someone either has to go rogue or feel like they're protecting the other men.

So maybe a lone wildling starts a fight and Jon tries to break it up.

I find it hard to believe that even Aliser Throne would sanction Jon's stabbing. It has to be seen as an accident.

One thing's for sure. We'll have one or more of the following death gifs on Sunday

-Stannis
-Jon
-Roose
-Ramsay

Killing Stannis is a bit silly right now.

Killing Jon, permanently, even more so because of all the shit that makes him important as a character.

Roose nobody would give a fuck about, he served his purpose in the story with the red wedding.

Ramsay has to die in a very pathetic/fucked up way for people to enjoy it. Save it for next season.

Euron

C'mon guys, you've all seen how unsubtly the show telegraphs its future plot points. Olly is 100% going to stab Jon and we'll see 2-4 shots of him looking angry in the previously on.

#teamollykills

Edit: If I lose can I put an eyepatch on the Olly avatar? Think of all the new fan theories we can have!

This is pretty great from the other thread:

qZ2I9Gz.gif

Speevy

Banned
Killing Stannis is a bit silly right now.

This is probably the only death that I'm 100% certain about next week.

This is how I predict the events of next episode will go:

Sansa will hear about Stannis' troubles, but then news will arrive that he's marching. Ramsay will probably tell her that Stannis burns all his enemies alive so she's not really better off under his rule. That's where the speech about having none of her left comes from.

Cersei will confess in person to the high sparrow and beg his forgiveness for everything. There will be all sorts of political implications for this, and it will culminate in the walk of shame.

Arya will kill Meryn Trant and be scolded by Jaqen for disobeying his orders.

Jaime will have another conversation with Bronn about how he loves Cersei.

Margaery will be released and have a brief reuniting scene with Tommen. I've already seen this scene in the preview.

Jorah, Daario, and Tyrion will talk about what it's like to rule a city without a queen. Then they will all go their separate ways.

Dany will meet briefly with their Dothraki host.

Stannis will burn Winterfell to the ground with all inside after Sansa's escape. Brienne will find Stannis in his camp after he does this and kill him.

Jon will be stabbed but not resurrected unless Melisandre finds Stannis and does the lord of light thing.

Last scene is Jon opening his eyes.

That's it.

That's all the have time for.

Sansa will hear about Stannis' troubles, but then news will arrive that he's marching. Ramsay will probably tell her that Stannis burns all his enemies alive so she's not really better off under his rule. That's where the speech about having none of her left comes from.

Cersei will confess in person to the high sparrow and beg his forgiveness for everything. There will be all sorts of political implications for this, and it will culminate in the walk of shame.

Margaery will be released and have a brief reuniting scene with Tommen. I've already seen this scene in the preview.

Jorah, Daario, and Tyrion will talk about what it's like to rule a city without a queen. Then they will all go their separate ways.

Stannis will burn Winterfell to the ground with all inside after Sansa's escape. Brienne will find Stannis in his camp after he does this and kill him.

Jon will be stabbed but not resurrected unless Melisandre finds Stannis and does the lord of light thing.

That's it.

If Stannis dies by some sneak attack by Brienne, surrounded by his men and Melisandre, this show will reach an even higher level of contrived bullshit.

Also

tmb8LMO.jpg

This is pretty great from the other thread:

qZ2I9Gz.gif

AHAHAHAHAHA. The fucking roll really is out of Dark Souls. Not to mention the weapon and armor scheme remind me the Dragonrider knight or w/e his name was.

That's it.

That last bit in your prediction is really too hopeful bro. You REALLY think HBO wouldn't want to do what GRRM has done for years now and just make what is arguably the douchiest most 'thirst is real' cliffhanger in ages?

Also unrelated but where the fuck is lady stoneheart?

Speevy

Banned
If Stannis dies by some sneak attack by Brienne, surrounded by his men and Melisandre, this show will reach an even higher level of contrived bullshit.

Also

tmb8LMO.jpg

Renly died by a shadow demon baby surrounded by thousands of men. Now out of context, does that sound like a sensible death?

Flare

That's it.

You know I've been wondering, what if Arya's punishment for not killing the "thin man" and instead killing Trant, is waking up blind?

Speevy

Banned
I have a preview question, no spoilers really.

There's a mountain overlooking everything at the beginning of the promo. Where is this?

There's a mountain overlooking everything at the beginning of the promo. Where is this?

Yeah I've ben wondering what that is as well.

Also (Preview Question)
Why are people thinking a form of the pink letter is in based on the preview?

Without Lady Stoneheart what's the point of Brienne now? The whole plotpoint of the books of her meeting up with Jaime again and you're all like "oooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiit son what's gonna happen" is out the window now. Now she's just wandering around without a purpose. Unless she really just does stick around protecting Sansa the whole time now that Littlefinger littledingdong ditched her.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Without Lady Stoneheart what's the point of Brienne now? The whole plotpoint of the books of her meeting up with Jaime again and you're all like "oooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiit son what's gonna happen" is out the window now. Now she's just wandering around without a purpose. Unless she really just does stick around protecting Sansa the whole time now that Littlefinger littledingdong ditched her.

Or she was repurposed to kill Stannis like she will in the books probably, without the nonsense in between

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Maybe it's where Drogon takes Dany?

Also (Preview Question)
Probably the shot of Jon sitting at his desk looking worried with a bunch of papers in front of him.

El Jaffe

Also (Preview Question)
Don't think it's from the preview but in the Last episode,
After Ramsay burns the camp, Stannis calls Davos in his tent and tells him to go back to the Wall, and give Jon a letter from the Bolton Boy to make Jon support Stannis

If Sansa and Theon end up with Stannis then Brienne will be charged with finding Bran and Rickon while Davos goes as well. Brienne won't kill Stannis under Sansa's orders.
pls dont die stannis

Probably the shot of Jon sitting at his desk looking worried with a bunch of papers in front of him.
I assumed that was Jon and Sam talking about the events of Hardhome, which will probably result in Jon sending Sam south...of course it's possible it could be a letter from Ramsay
Don't think it's from the preview but in the Last episode,
After Ramsay burns the camp, Stannis calls Davos in his tent and tells him to go back to the Wall, and give Jon a letter from the Bolton Boy to make Jon support Stannis
Wasn't that a letter signed by Stannis ordering Jon to send them supplies?

UberLevi

Maybe Sansa escapes and runs into Brienne. Theon spilled the beans about Bran and Rickon, and Sansa knows Brienne is the real deal now. Maybe Sansa sends Brienne on yet another Starkquest™.

Stannis in the latest episode sent Davos to ask Jon for supplies/food/horses. Not for his support. Stannis might've gone from the Mannis to the Menace, but he understands that Jon has bigger fucking fish to fry in the fucking walking scandinavian popsicle zombies.

Maybe Sansa escapes and runs into Brienne. Theon spilled the beans about Bran and Rickon, and Sansa knows Brienne is the real deal now. Maybe Sansa sends Brienne on yet another Starkquest™.

*brody quest tune starts playing*

Or she was repurposed to kill Stannis like she will in the books probably, without the nonsense in between

I don't know, I liked Briennes romp through the country. Gives good perspective into the ramifications of the war. And there's also the Blackfyre analogy/metaphor which is a great piece of writing.

Sure it was a bit bloated but it wasn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom