• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
Even if this doesn't show up at E3, I can't see myself being let down or upset at this point. It's fun getting hyped, but I've been let down too many times to actually be let down again if it doesn't show up.

I'd hope most have built up a tolerance by this point.

After the conference, there better be a shit ton of videos uploaded on Youtube showing the reactions of the theatre attendees. They'll go apeshit and we all need to see it.

Arnie7

Banned
What's with some of the negativity? Stop all this "the game will just end up disappointing us if it is ever released".

Stop being so jaded and believe. Have faith in Ueda and his team.

I'll be happily enjoying the meltdown if TLG didn't show up at E3.

mp103.jpg

B E L I E V E

2013:

2014:

on the cancellation rumor:
qbSNCFk.png

and then soon after:
PRt8Aco.png

Layden: "The Last Guardian is still in production, it’s still in development, the teams are still working at it, and I look forward to, on an occasion in the future, Geoff, when I can talk more about what that progress looks like, and what that route to market is going to look like, but the game is still being worked on, so the rumours you heard are completely false."

2015:

On March 12, 2015, Sony files third trademark application for "The Last Guardian"

Gaf verified insiders and mods talk about rumblings of it showing up. The Mark Cerny "team" rumor appears, which is just TEAM ICO in the first place anyways.

========================

Now is the time.

What's with some of the negativity? Stop all this "the game will just end up disappointing us if it is ever released".

Stop being so jaded and believe. Have faith in Ueda and his team.

Because a lot of people have said repeatedly over the years that it's dead, and now that it seems that is definitely not the case they have to fall back on something else.

"Oh, it's not cancelled? Eh, that just means it's going to disappoint."

Nibel

I don't think the chance of the game being super-bad is high; but the shittalk will begin when they release the first direct-feed screenshots and every discussion focuses on the visuals again

Fumito Ueda's Facebook Status Update on new year 2015

あけましておめでとうございます、本年もよろしくお願いいたします。
一昨年、昨年頭のマイナスから、昨年末あたりにようやくプラマイ0に。
今年はぼちぼちクリエイティビティが発揮できそうです。

Tranlsation
Happy new year, thank you also this year.
Two years ago, last year from minus the head, finally to Puramai 0 per the end of last year.
Creativity is likely to be demonstrated little by little this year.

Another translation
This year is little by little can unleash creativity. A Happy New Year! by 2015

Accompanied by this art from Shadow of the Colossus.
mWYtWBD.jpg

It's happening guys. This is the year :D

Feep

Banned
The thing that gives me hope is that Sony isn't quashing this thing instantly. The truth is, if people are expecting to see TLG, then almost *any* conference Sony can put on will be drastically undercut and seen as a partial failure if TLG didn't show. So, if it really wasn't going to be there, Sony should clamp down on this thing *very* quickly to ensure people's expectations aren't crazy.

But, you know. Sony. I don't know.

#believe

It's kind of now or never, isn't it? If it's a no-show this year they should just cancel it. Does TGS or GDC or anything until the Spike awards even do surprise announcements?

So, The Guardian reckons The Last Guardian will turn up during Sony's E3 press conference next week. We here at Eurogamer have heard the same thing from multiple sources over the last six months, but it's worth noting that The Last Guardian has been rumoured to turn up at each E3 since Eurogamer broke the news in 2011 that creator and Team Ico figurehead Fumito Ueda had left Sony to work on the game in a freelance capacity - and each E3 it failed to materialise.

Meanwhile, there are rumblings that Mark Cerny, lead architect of the PS4 and director of PS4 launch title Knack, had joined The Last Guardian development to help push the game out the door.

Again, we've heard this rumour a few times from various sources over the past six months, and it makes a lot of sense: Knack was developed by Sony Computer Entertainment's Japan Studio: Team Ico, famed developer of PlayStation 2 games Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, is a part of Japan Studio.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-10-the-last-guardian-e3-rumour-rumbles-again

Because a lot of people have said repeatedly over the years that it's dead, and now that it seems that is definitely not the case they have to fall back on something else.

"Oh, it's not cancelled? Eh, that just means it's going to disappoint."

Development cycles as troubled/mismanaged as TLG's are never a good sign. It's not Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad, but it's certainly up there. The fact that several key members of Team Ico jumped ship during the game's development is what troubles me the most. After six years of nothing but shrugs from Sony, as they shift resources over to other projects (like fucking Knack), I think people have earned the right to be pessimistic about their commitment to this game. I know I am.

Nibel

Eurogamer

So, The Guardian reckons The Last Guardian will turn up during Sony's E3 press conference next week. We here at Eurogamer have heard the same thing from multiple sources over the last six months, but it's worth noting that The Last Guardian has been rumoured to turn up at each E3 since Eurogamer broke the news in 2011 that creator and Team Ico figurehead Fumito Ueda had left Sony to work on the game in a freelance capacity - and each E3 it failed to materialise.

itshappening.gif

iratA

Y2Kev just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about posting in NeoGAF (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in GameFAQs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in NeoGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the NeoGAF community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to read any more of your posts, nor will they purchase any other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Y2Kev has alienated an entire forum with this move.

Y2Kev, publicly apologize and buy The Last Guardian or you can kiss your Moderation goodbye.

hehehe

I don't know how much the rest of you know about posting in NeoGAF (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in GameFAQs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in NeoGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the NeoGAF community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to read any more of your posts, nor will they purchase any other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Y2Kev has alienated an entire forum with this move.

Y2Kev, publicly apologize and buy The Last Guardian or you can kiss your Moderation goodbye.

hehehe

bravo.

Funny thing is, given the current hype level all Sony has to do in order to "win E3" is to give us a 30 second CGI TLG trailer.... On the other hand, they must deliver some of them big bombs to compensate a non-show-up of TLG.

Nibel

hehehe

Kev being dropped, Huelen being promoted if TLG turns up

letgooooo

Ethelwulf

hehehe

Hello, grand Master of the original TLGSG. Here, a special member, salutes you once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom