• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Ardenyal

Patch is out on PS4.

Tested the temporal antialiasing settings and the game looks pretty good with it set to 0. Default is 20 but for shits and giggles I tried it on 100 and hoo boy.. only 5 minutes and I started getting a head ache. Not to mention the increased lag which was very noticable.

danowat

Banned
Patch is out on PS4.

Tested the temporal antialiasing settings and the game looks pretty good with it set to 0. Default is 20 but for shits and giggles I tried it on 100 and hoo boy.. only 5 minutes and I started getting a head ache. Not to mention the increased lag which was very noticable.

Screenshots?

It's not the best comparison but look at the sign on the left.

patch 1.3

QcOaxyx.jpg

patch 1.4 - 20 TAA (now is the default value)

patch 1.4 - no TAA

phoenixyz

You got the game at release and you will receive more than €25 back in 2 months, what is your problem?

What? How will I receive more than 25€ back?

Oh, wow, you paid 25€ and expect to get the same content than someone that put twice what you paid.

Seriously, you want to stretch those 25€ way further than possible.

What are you talking about? If I bought the game now and all the DLC I would still pay less than what I have already paid as a backer who does not get the DLC.

fresquito

What? How will I receive more than 25€ back?

What are you talking about? If I bought the game now and all the DLC I would still pay less than what I have already paid as a backer who does not get the DLC.
1. You. You seem to have not read what you signed for.
2. Sales exist, haver always existed, will always exist. Deal with it.

phoenixyz

1. You. You seem to have not read what you signed for.
2. Sales exist, haver always existed, will always exist. Deal with it.

1. And you seem to assume too much. Doesn't PCars need to sell like 4 million units so that you get all your money back?
2. Sadly there is no rolleyes smiley on GAF.

Mascot

Managed to nip home for lunch and try the patch (a benefit of living a couple of hundred metres from work..!)

Initial thoughts:

The temporal level adjustment is awesome. I found '10' (default is 20, max 100) gave a perfectly clear image but added some good faux 'motion blur'. With TL completely off frame drops and tearing seemed more noticable, but this could have been placebo. Didn't notice AF/AA improvements but the altering the TA made the image so much better it was hard to tell.

My Fanatec GT2 is now recognised properly as a Porsche wheel (wrong exact model in the graphic, but whatevs), and the Playstation-mapped buttons now light up correctly. Worked perfectly (inc shifters and pedals) without calibration. ZERO deadzone (fucking awesome - how did I manage before?)

FFB is now explosively strong on my previous defaults. Do NOT worry about FFB strength. I haven't tweaked any of the detail settings but had to set the overall FFB slider to 20% to stop the wheel getting ripped out of my hands. Much glorious tweaking ahead, but it already feels very detailed and tactile.

Good, good stuff. Looking forward to a long weekend of racing (and tweaking) ahead.

Anyone tried G25/27 since Logitech drivers are in patch?

Speaking personally I'm not sure I could - we clearly state which wheels we support, and the absence of the G27 in that list means we don't support it. That's pretty clear, if not the news G27 owners want to hear.

I don't have the time unfortunately to read everything in the forums so wasn't aware there were questions about whether that support would be added in future (and again - the current situation is we can't add it because it's not supported on the platform(s), if that changes, which is probably unlikely but I honestly don't know, we'll most certainly do what's necessary game side to add it).
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-4-Release-notes-OUT-NOW-on-PC-and-PS4/page91
It's over Johnny.

fresquito

1. And you seem to assume too much. Doesn't PCars need to sell like 4 million units so that you get all your money back?
1. I'm asuming what you prove. In short: No. We're already in benefits.
2. With or without smiley truth will remain the same.

danowat

Banned
Managed to nip home for lunch and try the patch (a benefit of living a couple of hundred metres from work..!)

Initial thoughts:

The temporal level adjustment is awesome. I found '10' (default is 20, max 100) gave a perfectly clear image but added some good faux 'motion blur'. With TL completely off frame drops and tearing seemed more noticable, but this could have been placebo. Didn't notice AF/AA improvements but the altering the TA made the image so much better it was hard to tell.

My Fanatec GT2 is now recognised properly as a Porsche wheel (wrong exact model in the graphic, but whatevs), and the Playstation-mapped buttons now light up correctly. Worked perfectly (inc shifters and pedals) without calibration. ZERO deadzone (fucking awesome - how did I manage before?)

FFB is now explosively strong on my previous defaults. Do NOT worry about FFB stength. I haven't tweaked any of the detail settings but had to set the overall FFB slider to 20% to stop the wheel getting ripped out of my hands. Much glorious tweaking ahead, but it already feels very detailed and tactile.

Good, good stuff. Looking forward to a long weekend of racing ahead.

Good to hear!

Metfanant

Patch is out on PS4.

yussssss!

_machine

You might want to check up on the forums every now and then; they've already said it's well onto profit, they've given some more details on the whole payment system, the reasoning for giving DLC for Full Member+ and more. Though, I'd start with Terms of Service before accusing them of anything.

Mascot

Shit, forgot to add: brake light reflections on the tarmac are MUCH more noticeable now, even on dry roads. It looks pretty fucking spectacular, actually. Such a small detail, but a great one.

andylsun

I don't see the PS4 patch in the USA, just ran check for update.

I've been running time trial in the Audi #18 LMP1 in preparation for a weekend of watching Le Mans. Damn, I'm slow.

kvk1

Anyone else doing a Formula Rookie series for their career? Are there parc ferme rules in effect for the race?

I'm on Race 2 at Donington, and for some reason even though I have pole, the race puts me at 16th (last) place after completing the first lap.

Can't figure out if it's my fault or the game is bugging out.

Anyone else doing a Formula Rookie series for their career? Are there parc ferme rules in effect for the race?

I'm on Race 2 at Donington, and for some reason even though I have pole, the race puts me at 16th (last) place after completing the first lap.

Can't figure out if it's my fault or the game is bugging out.

In Formula Rookie, your starting position for the first race is your fastest lap from qualifying. Your position for the second is your second fastest time.

phoenixyz

You might want to check up on the forums every now and then; they've already said it's well onto profit, they've given some more details on the whole payment system, the reasoning for giving DLC for Full Member+ and more. Though, I'd start with Terms of Service before accusing them of anything.

I do check the threads they give alerts out for (those pinned at the top) every few weeks. No word about returns or sales numbers. And what's that about the ToS? What does that have to do with anything? I am sure what they do is perfectly legal. I never accused them of breaking the law or a contract or anything. I just think it's a shit move to not give backers a small DLC when they put the game up on sale at the same time.

Dilly

Banned

Next time, take some time to at least read the important notes and threads for a project you back. Everyone who backed €45 does get DLC.

fresquito is right, sales happen. Deal with it.

Stacey

Banned
IQ is much improved on ps4. Not seeing a huge AF increase but even a slight improvement + the removal of the temporal AA is a god send.

Good job SMS.

_machine

I do check the threads they give alerts out for (those pinned at the top) every few weeks. No word about returns or sales numbers. And what's that about the ToS? What does that have to do with anything? I am sure what they do is perfectly legal. I never accused them of breaking the law or a contract or anything. I just think it's a shit move to not give backers a small DLC when they put the game up on sale at the same time.

Here you go. I especially recommend reading the WMD Terms & Conditions, because that is what you signed up for. I can't really agree with you that it's shit a move when some DLC was actually promised (well back then it was just discounted in-game items per the F2P design) to much, much higher tiers (Seniors and Managers) and they actually went ways to give them to people that weren't actually promised any DLC which was partially funded out of the standard game budget.

They won't have notifications for stuff that doesn't require user action (though I do think there was a notice on reminding people to set up their PayPal/Bank Accounts ready to receive any money) so I highly recommend you delve deeper and use that "Dev Posts" feature.

As for the sale, it's not like they aren't doing it in the interest of those that have backed the game. Better sales mean better ROI. Though I'm not sure I quite agree the particular way they might have gone with it, from neither user or business sense.

EDIT:
A new, absolutely stunning community-made trailer from JonZ: Project CARS - Louder Than Words

Mascot

Totally lost FFB in a solo race just now.

Exactly the same thing used to happen a lot in...

...Shift 2 Unleashed on the 360.

Please God. Not copy/pasting of code, bugs 'n' all.

Please let it be an aberration.

_machine

Gamersyde just posted some new videos on PS4 with a fps counter. There's no comparison, but the fps in this Brands rain video is near perfect 60fps (one dip to 59 in the entire 2 minutes) so I guess the fps has improved quite well too. Anyone feeling any improvements in the performance on PS4 so far?

XBO patch is still with MS (not entirely surprising since they seemed to have a slightly longer cert this gen), but hopefully it'll come out soon and the performance improvements are worth the wait.

danowat

Banned
Gamersyde just posted some new videos on PS4 with a fps counter. There's no comparison, but the fps in this Brands rain video is near perfect 60fps (one dip to 59 in the entire 2 minutes) so I guess the fps has improved quite well too. Anyone feeling any improvements in the performance on PS4 so far?

XBO patch is still with MS (not entirely surprising since they seemed to have a slightly longer cert this gen), but hopefully it'll come out soon and the performance improvements are worth the wait.

FPS and visual fidelity has improved pretty much across the board imo.

Anyone notice that the AI has gotten a bit slower?

Metfanant

there is a VERY NOTICEABLE increase in clarity when you turn off the temporal effect...id like to try setting it at 5, or 10 and seeing how i like it, but i didn't have time

leng jai

Haven't had a chance to boot this up yet. There any significant improvements to the PC version? I hope the stuttering problem I had was fixed.

Putty

I think they've done some serious under the hood improvements on the PS4 version! IQ is stellar. setting the Temp AA to 0 allows the motion blur to shine. AF improvements are clear as day on billboards/signs. I dont think the AF on floor has changed. Remember SMS said they have 2 different AF settings for ground and the rest. FPS seems to be pretty much flawless! Had 4 supercart races and can honestly say i've not noticed a single drop....no tearing. Interesting to see what its like with a full grid of "normal" cars!

Top Bottom