• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

https://twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/609657463151984640

D4zyLPQ.png

I9bY2i4.png

The stage looks good. I just hope you won't have to pay more for it. Let it be bundled with Ryu please.

Unless Ryu is free. It wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Stage looks cool.

So it'll probably have some stupid bullshit like Bison doing a psycho crusher and instantly killing people.

I really think that people try to find politics where there probably aren't any.

Ryu is an iconic fighting character. Smash Bros. is an iconic fighting series. Nintendo and Capcom have always enjoyed a good relationship.

Sakurai probably just picked up the phone to Capcom.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I really think that people try to find politics where there probably aren't any.

Ryu is an iconic fighting character. Smash Bros. is an iconic fighting series. Nintendo and Capcom have always enjoyed a good relationship.

This kind of stuff doesnt happen without money exchanging hands somewhere

L Thammy

Since when was it exclusive? I had it on the Mega Drive way back in the day. Hell I didn't even know a single person who owned it on the SNES.

Street Fighter II came out for the SNES on July 1992. It came out on the Genesis in September of 1993, and that was actually a different version (Dash). Look at the apostrophe in the image you posted - it's actually part of the title. Genesis never got the original Street Fighter II.

Better yet, look here. The Genesis version is on there, just note how many SNES versions are before it.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

JoeM86

Ryu is THE fighting game character. This naysaying against him is weird as fuck.

Well my grumble about Ryu is that it's another third party character when there's countless first party characters that have been neglected.

I'm just glad it's an iconic third party character (only other one I'd accept is Bomberman) and not a throwaway one just there to make a deal.

Village

Ryu is THE fighting game character. This naysaying against him is weird as fuck.

Not really.

Fighting games stopped being centered around street fighter a long ass time ago. Hell there are people like me who grew up on tekken, because our child hood started in the late 90's early 200's. Street fighter for a lot of people isn't a thing. So they don't have the respect some others would give ryu

McNum

Ryu and Roy? Well, neat. I see Roy has the old overhead Shield Breaker animation rather than ht enew stabby one, so maybe he's a Dr. Mario in that he kept the Melee moves instead of changing it up like Marth and Mario did.

StayDead

Well my grumble about Ryu is that it's another third party character when there's countless first party characters that have been neglected.

I'm just glad it's an iconic third party character (only other one I'd accept is Bomberman) and not a throwaway one just there to make a deal.

My friend says this as well but mainly about the Zelda series. I don't really get it. They're not being neglected, they're just not appearing in Smash Bros. Ryu is one of the most iconic characters ever. It's insane not to want him in.

Oddish1

Maybe, Sakurai sure does like to surprise.

I dunno, it looks more like a company decision than a Sakurai one to me. Like Capcom requested Ryu be in the game and Nintendo and Sakurai acquiesced.

SoulUnison

Banned
Not really.

Fighting games stopped being centered around street fighter a long ass time ago. Hell there are people like me who grew up on tekken, because our child hood started in the late 90's early 200's. Street fighter for a lot of people isn't a thing. So they don't have the respect some others would give ryu

You not being old enough to be there at the beginning doesn't change the fact that Ryu is *the* poster character of *the* original fighting game.

I guess that's the reason he seems tired to a lot of us. Like, yeah, he's there and that's some quaint posterity and shit, but how many GAFfers will main him?

Well, I know I will, for one.

Might just be me but SF to me is the best standard fighting game (not arena based like Smash) out there. Ryu's been in Project X Zone, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken x SF and stuff, but even though he's been in that stuff his inclusion in sm4sh still feels very fresh to me. It's like both of my favorite fighting games coming together, and bringing Ryu back to a Nintendo game, which he hasn't been in a while.

bon

Not really.

Well it's time for those people to be educated.

NotLiquid

Not really.

That's kind of like saying Master Chief isn't one of the most recognizable FPS icons because FPS games are at an all time high and Call of Duty visibly sells more.

It doesn't really matter that there are people who don't like Street Fighter. Saying that Ryu isn't the most recognizable fighting game character is delusional.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This kind of stuff doesnt happen without money exchanging hands somewhere

If it were anyone other then nintendo, I'd agree, but Nintendo has a very weird way of going about business.

ugly

Well, I know I will, for one.

Might just be me but SF to me is the best standard fighting game (not arena based like Smash) out there. Ryu's been in Project X Zone, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken x SF and stuff, but even though he's been in that stuff his inclusion in sm4sh still feels very fresh to me. It's like both of my favorite fighting games coming together, and bringing Ryu back to a Nintendo game, which he hasn't been in a while.

Yeah, who am I kidding - FUCK YEAH! STREET FIGHTER!!

Precisely. Like its not that I dont like Ryu or anything, it just feels so random.

Imagine for a moment that there were no more DLC characters after roy and ryu besides say one Ballot character. Wouldnt that feel a little strange? 3 cut vets and Ryu?

EulaCapra

Ryu and Mega Man have been a test all along to see how mixing and matching gameplay and controls between Smash/Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom can make an entirely different fighting game with the inevitable Nintendo vs. Capcom.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That's kind of like saying Master Chief isn't one of the most recognizable FPS icons because FPS games are at an all time high and Call of Duty visibly sells more.

It doesn't really matter that there are people who don't like Street Fighter. Saying that Ryu isn't the most recognizable fighting game character is delusional.

The only other fighting game characters that are close would probably be Sub Zero/Scorpion.

Why are people acting like Roy isn't a unique addition?

Does any other character have a flaming sword?

Ike

Does anyone else have red hair?

Ganondorf

Is anyone else named Roy?

Fuck this guy has nothing going for him lol, but I still love him.

ugly

Ryu and Mega Man have been a test all along to see how mixing and matching gameplay and controls between Smash/Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom can make an entirely different fighting game with the inevitable Nintendo vs. Capcom.

I wonder who the 3rd party inclusions will be? Strong hype

NotLiquid

The only other fighting game characters that are close would probably be Sub Zero/Scorpion.

Pretty much. And they can't really have them in Smash for obvious reasons. The irony is he wasn't even really the protagonist of his own franchise!

Majukun

so..for now ryu is the only characters i care about the dlc characters..i don't know if i should be glad or sad

JazzmanZ

Dreamland 64's Music list

snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F28_KBY64_PopStar.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F29_TDX_TamashiiNoTatakai.nus3bank
snd_bgm_F30_YIM_IceCreamIsland.nus3bank
snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand.nus3bank
snd_bgm_W06_SDX_YumeNoIzumi.nus3bank

Ice cream island is the only new arrangement.
source: Ryu and Roy Leaked?

The real hype is here

Masked Man

I said wow

OMG MELEE FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS MUSIC!!!!!

Seiniyta

Isn't dreamland 64 a 3DS stage though? Why's the entire music list in the WiiU version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom