• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this holiday season is reserved for GT PSP.

GT5 in Feb/March 2010.

EDIT:

...unless there is some meaningful connectivity between GT PSP and GT5

Gamecocks625 said:
I still think this holiday season is reserved for GT PSP.

GT5 in Feb/March 2010.

EDIT:

...unless there is some meaningful connectivity between GT PSP and GT5

There is.

And the two games aren't on the same system. Unless the majority of PSP owners also own a PS3, GT5 won't cannibalize GT PSP. It might even be a good idea to release both around the same time.

H_Prestige said:
There is.

And the two games aren't on the same system. Unless the majority of PSP owners also own a PS3, GT5 won't cannibalize GT PSP. It might even be a good idea to release both around the same time.

A download code coupon for GT PSP packaged in the GT5 disc release would be brilliant.

Promote DD, and get a ton of new customers. I'd certainly bite.

captscience said:
A download code coupon for GT PSP packaged in the GT5 disc release would be brilliant.

Hmmm that's actually a pretty good idea, and you could make a case that that can be an interpretation of a "wind" that amar said sometime ago....

offshore

When you think about it, it would make more sense for Sony to offer a GT5 discount when you buy GT PSP.

As there are 50 million PSP's out there, yet only 22 million PS3's, it would make sense for Sony to say "get GT PSP, and get a good discount on GT5"...with the idea being that some people will have to buy a PS3 as well ,given the difference in the install base between the two.

cakefoo

davida-jayleno.jpg

Angst

captscience said:

Me too. If they release GT PSP and GT5 this fall I'll buy a PSP and both games. :D And then my wallet can cry until christmas.
of course I have to buy Uncharted 2 as well

expy

Banned
offshore said:
When you think about it, it would make more sense for Sony to offer a GT5 discount when you buy GT PSP.

As there are 50 million PSP's out there, yet only 22 million PS3's, it would make sense for Sony to say "get GT PSP, and get a good discount on GT5"...with the idea being that some people will have to buy a PS3 as well ,given the difference in the install base between the two.

That or special downloadable content.

cakefoo

I found the story for that pic. From Jalopnik.com:
We feel a bit guilty actually since he's such a legend. I'm on Jay's left, my friend is called Thom, on Jay's right. We wore the t shirts to humiliate my brother, (the photographer,) for his birthday, which worked a treat.
teehee..

DuckRacer

I got a new issue of Game Informer today, it has some new details regarding GT5 and Nascar. They said what we saw in the trailer was "just a taste" (so we wouldn't only have 14-15 Nascar skins). Sony is apparently "looking into including drivers in GT5" too, which in the context is in could be very interesting.

They also said Nascar wants a stand-alone Nascar sim racer out next fall/early-2011 and that Sony's license with them isn't exclusive (obviously).

DuckRacer said:
I got a new issue of Game Informer today, it has some new details regarding GT5 and Nascar. They said what we saw in the trailer was "just a taste" (so we wouldn't only have 14-15 Nascar skins). Sony is apparently "looking into including drivers in GT5" too, which in the context is in could be very interesting.

They also said Nascar wants a stand-alone Nascar sim racer out next fall/early-2011 and that Sony's license with them isn't exclusive (obviously).

I think on the blog video interview they had a couple of weeks back, the great translator-san said that Kaz said that what we saw in the trailer was a very small glimpse of what they're doing in GT5....

I'm wondering what drivers means, we know they want to do big Home integration, maybe we can use our avatars as the drivers? Or a custom create character? I don't care much about either, but the former could be cool.

Also I wonder if Nascar in GT5 will be a full season with all the tracks and all the drivers? I also wonder if EA would do the full Nascar sim next year/early 2011.

markao

DuckRacer said:

I think the other NASCAR sim they might be referring to is iRacing, which recently signed a NASCAR deal.

Epic_Dave

Neo Member
AranhaHunter said:
we know they want to do big Home integration, maybe we can use our avatars as the drivers? Or a custom create character?

Hopefully the latter. Having the ability to recreate the stig in GT:5 would be amazing.

AranhaHunter said:
I'm wondering what drivers means, we know they want to do big Home integration, maybe we can use our avatars as the drivers? Or a custom create character? I don't care much about either, but the former could be cool.
No sale unless I can run people over in Home.

DuckRacer said:

Not surprised on either account. There was no way that Polyphony was going to pick up the NASCAR license without doing something bit with it. I think it'll be interesting to see whether or not they have anymore licenses that they just haven't announced. GT is the main sponsor for D1 in Japan, so it just seems like a perfect fit for the drift mode.

As far as it not being an exclusive license, that makes sense also. Sony doesn't have a dev that's going to work solely on a NASCAR game. Even if GT has a full season mode, it's still going to be a small part of GT while i'd imagine that NASCAR is also looking for something devoted solely to the brand.

RavenFox

Banned
I just wanted to add how bad ass is that new Mercedes EClass commercial:lol .
Everyone's enjoying the long line of history from Mercedes Benz and here comes this beast crashing through the glass. So awesome:D

Niks

I expect the Nascar part of GT5 will include the series most representative tracks.. not the full season calendar.

- Daytona
- Talladega
- Indy
- Charlotte

Niks said:
I expect the Nascar part of GT5 will include the series most representative tracks.. not the full season calendar.

- Daytona
- Talladega
- Indy
- Charlotte

I doubt they'd get the license just to do that....but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: saw this on gtplanet, I think this is a new Kaz interview, watching it now....

http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=81324

EDIT2: Seems like the interview was taken around E3 time, nothing really new....He said that probably not all NASCAR cars in the beginning because there are too many of them......but more interesting he said not many more cars than GT5P? I don't know what to make of that.

AranhaHunter said:
but more interesting he said not many more cars than GT5P? I don't know what to make of that.

He was asked 'How many?' and said 'Not so many', but then he later says that there will be a lot of cars from NASCAR. So I wouldn't worry about the number. It'll probably be less than GT4 (which had 700+), but it'll still have several hundred cars.

That interviewer came loaded with GT5 questions. It seems like Kaz will be happy when he can finally open up about it.

I've been away for nearly two months and the GT news are the same ever since the trailer.

I think it's an achievment, even for PD and their proven PR tatics.

I guess i should be back on august, to see if Leipzig is the real deal.

offshore

We just need to hope that the reason for the silence is because they want to surprise people, and not because they've got nothing to say.

600 cars seems like it will be the figure, if Amar is to be believed. Though I'm more interested in the number of tracks, I really want Brands Hatch...sweeping into that first downhill right-hander = carnage :D

Dra-Q said:
GT5 is Sony's game of the generation, they will bundle the fuck out of it. GT5P was even bundled with DualShock 3s in europe.

I remember the GT3/PS2 bundle well, there was a shortage of PS2's in my country (Norway) so I could choose in the shop to buy a GT3 bundle or wait for more PS2's to be shipped. Of course I jumped for the GT3 bundle! (I love racing games :lol)

offshore said:
We just need to hope that the reason for the silence is because they want to surprise people, and not because they've got nothing to say.

Kaz really isn't saying anything because Sony wanted to focus on GT PSP at E3. Kaz has been emphasizing in interviews that the GT5 trailer shown at E3 was a very small part of what GT5 is. And Tretton even said when he was introducing it that it was just a 'short tease'. So there's obviously a lot there that they're just holding back until the full unveiling happens (hopefully at gamescom).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Firewire said:
I wonder if Logitech will announce the new wheel alongside GT5. It would be the right time.

They don't need a new wheel for GT5, the Driving Force GT already handles it.

I hope someone releases a full manual transmission steering wheel and pedals. You know, so you can feel the friction point via rumble, and even have the possibility to stall the car, etc... Have a full 6 speed gearbox as well. I don't care how realistic these games get, you cannot come close to experiencing the cars unless you have the full control of manual transmission setup.

DarkJediKnight said:
I hope someone releases a full manual transmission steering wheel and pedals. You know, so you can feel the friction point via rumble, and even have the possibility to stall the car, etc... Have a full 6 speed gearbox as well. I don't care how realistic these games get, you cannot come close to experiencing the cars unless you have the full control of manual transmission setup.

You mean friction through the pedals? Yeah, that would be great.

Firewire

Banned
Woo-Fu said:
They don't need a new wheel for GT5, the Driving Force GT already handles it.

The Force GT isn't even in the same league as the G25. If the new G27(?) hits around GT5 I'll be on it day one.

iam220

DarkJediKnight said:

Stalling the car is software side, Live for speed for example allows you to do that. Having some sort of rumble on the pedals when your clutch engages would be really nice of course and it would add to the sim but not by as much as you seem to suggest. The only way you're going to get close to experiencing the cars is if you actually drive them in real life. :D

Firewire said:
The Force GT isn't even in the same league as the G25. If the new G27(?) hits around GT5 I'll be on it day one.

Why not go for the Porsche wheel? The wheel itself is of similar quality to the g25 but the (clubman) pedals are far superior. Then again i'm not sure what the g27 will bring to the table but I have a feeling the pedals are still going to be inferior to porsches offering.

Firewire said:

In terms of force feedback it's actually rather similar. Obviously overall the G25 is the better wheel, but the Force GT was a big improvement of the DFP.

I think one reason why you won't see them name the G27 as the GT wheel is due to the price. They seem to want the official GT wheel to be somewhat affordable, and there's no way that the G27 is going to fall into that category.

Goldrusher

Just found this on Nelson Piquet Jr.'s Twitter...

jpv5sw.jpg

"Best thing when you have nothing to do at home: To drive!"

Cool guy btw. Very open, always posting cool photos from on the grid, driver's parade lap, briefings, tests and events, as well as from his home and holidays.

When the Nurburgring Nordschleife was first revealed in Gran Turismo 4, it was hard to complain about the missing GP circuit. However, you’re lying to yourself if you haven’t wished to drive through those tire barriers separating the Nordschleife from the rest of the track, and everyone has been anxiously hoping for it to appear in Gran Turismo 5.

Thanks to GTPlanet user tlongman, we may have just found the answer to that question in one of the most unlikely of places: the latest trailer for Gran Turismo PSP! In the first scene, a Nissan GT-R Spec V and Corvette ZR-1 pull out of a pit garage and are then seen racing on the Nordschleife. The problem, of course, is that the Nordschleife by itself has no such garage area – that’s only found on the GP circuit. Sure enough, further detective work reveals the grand stands across from the pits are virtually identical to those found at the real track. (Note: The grand stand area along the pit straight of the GP circuit has been undergoing heavy construction for the past two years, and does not look the same today. You must look for pre-construction photos to see the same stands found in the video.)

http://www.gtplanet.net/nurburgring-gp-circuit-revealed-in-gt-psp-trailer/#comments

zvio4.jpg

SpectraSoul

Neo Member
Considering the Top Gear test track is in the game (and since it's on GTTV), hopefully that means Top Gear will feature the game on the show sometime after it's release. They've already talked about it in the magazine and they've had GT4 on previously so I'm pretty certain they will. Just something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom