• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

agm2502

SpectraSoul said:
Considering the Top Gear test track is in the game (and since it's on GTTV), hopefully that means Top Gear will feature the game on the show sometime after it's release. They've already talked about it in the magazine and they've had GT4 on previously so I'm pretty certain they will. Just something to look forward to.

Put a star in a virtual car.

SpectraSoul said:
Considering the Top Gear test track is in the game (and since it's on GTTV), hopefully that means Top Gear will feature the game on the show sometime after it's release. They've already talked about it in the magazine and they've had GT4 on previously so I'm pretty certain they will. Just something to look forward to.

I hope if they do play it they use a wheel and turn off assists unlike the time they played GT on PS2.

Melfice7

jpv5sw.jpg

he's braking with the wrong foot harr harr

Epic_Dave

Neo Member
Melfice7 said:
he's braking with the wrong foot harr harr

Left foot braking is often used in racing because it can dedicate the right foot to the throttle pedal, saving time of moving the right foot from the throttle pedal to the brake pedal.

Goldrusher said:
Just found this on Nelson Piquet Jr.'s Twitter...

http://i26.tinypic.com/jpv5sw.jpg[//IMG]

"Best thing when you have nothing to do at home: To drive!"

Cool guy btw. Very open, always posting cool photos from on the grid, driver's parade lap, briefings, tests and events, as well as from his home and holidays.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he's better in GT than he is in real life.

Massa

AranhaHunter said:
I wonder if he's better in GT than he is in real life.

At least he doesn't have to deal with a teammate getting all the good parts in GT. :D

Btw, here's a recente tweet from Piquet:

@faelbernardes eh soh um playstation com voltante!! aqueles da R factor sao bem melhores!

He's describing that picture as "just a playstation with a wheel" and saying R factor is much better. :lol He also said to a different person that Renault doesn't have a simulator.

Goldrusher

Massa said:
He's describing that picture as "just a playstation with a wheel" and saying R factor is much better. :lol He also said to a different person that Renault doesn't have a simulator.
That comment is about another picture:

dr0ae.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Psychotext said:
Based on the page you linked though, he's also right...
he's right in the mechanical sense, but that's not why it's used ; )

iam220

The guy above me knows what he's talking about.

I use it mostly when I'm about to come off the apex only to realize I'm going too fast. So while maintaining some throttle I go down on my brakes with my left foot. It upsets the weight balance of the car a lot less then If I was to lift off the throttle completely.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Goldrusher said:

I was going to get one of those units. But comfortability was a big factor so I went with a Race Frame Pro V2.

isamu said:
I was going to get one of those units. But comfortability was a big factor so I went with a Race Frame Pro V2.
Just 'comfort' is the word. Let's not go making new ones up, I have enough trouble with the english language as it is. :D

Nah, I'm pretty convinced this is coming this year. I think they're trying to go for a bit of a perfect storm with the slim / price drop / gt5 / FFXIII (in Japan).

They need a re-launch, and I think this will likely be it.

phil_t

Banned
Is there anyone that doesn't now think GT5 is hitting in time for Xmas? :)

I've already been badgering the missus to get me a PS3 + GT5 for Xmas, sod the usual socks and aftershave from the kids, give me something I might actually use!!

:)

Indeed. I don't seen any other franchises that matches the description.

Price cut/Gran Turismo 5/FF XIII exclusive in Japan would be huge for Sony and they are very well aware of that.

klokdol said:
It can only be GT5... GoW 3 is clearly 2010.

Could it possibly be The Last Guardian? I definitely wouldn't even begin to speculate that GT5 is coming out this year although it would make sense for Sony to relaunch w/PS3 slim and this along with Uncharted and a price drop. However, this is Sony we are talking about here.

deepbrown

iceatcs said:
I think it is Sony biggest franchise.

But again no proof it is from Sony or other.
But it says Big News about an xmas franchise....not a big franchise is coming out this xmas.

...or did I read it wrong? lol

iceatcs

deepbrown said:
But it says Big News about an xmas franchise....not a big franchise is coming out this xmas.

True. Could be. But I can't think what is xmas franchise example doing with PSM.

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:

I read it as a big franchise hitting this x-mass.

I'm not sure what a x-mass franchise would be anyways? A title that traditionally launches in the x-mass period?

deepbrown

Firewire said:
I read it as a big franchise hitting this x-mass.

I'm not sure what a x-mass franchise would be anyways? A title that traditionally launches in the x-mass period?
A franchise that's already been announced for X-Mas...

Dead Man

phil_t said:
Is there anyone that doesn't now think GT5 is hitting in time for Xmas? :)

I've already been badgering the missus to get me a PS3 + GT5 for Xmas, sod the usual socks and aftershave from the kids, give me something I might actually use!!

:)
I still say March 2010. Either I'll be right, which is rare so that will make me happy, or I'll be wrong, and playing GT5 which will make me happier. Unless they release it later than March, which I really can't see.

Firewire

Banned
idahoblue said:
I still say March 2010. Either I'll be right, which is rare so that will make me happy, or I'll be wrong, and playing GT5 which will make me happier. Unless they release it later than March, which I really can't see.

God of War 3 is confirmed for March 2010. There is no way in hell Sony releases GT5 in the same window as GOW3.

deepbrown said:
A franchise that's already been announced for X-Mas...

Then whats the big deal if we already know about the franchise coming out this x-mass.

Firewire said:
Then whats the big deal if we already know about the franchise coming out this x-mass.

Exactly. There isn't a big deal. It's to create buzz around the magazine. Twitter is absolutely useless for any sort of reliable news. This E3 proved that.

AKS

I don't understand how Sony can afford not to release Gran Turismo this year. I'm generally strongly in favor of the "when it's done" model because I want development teams to have all the time they need to realize their creative vision. However, from a business perspective, Sony has had a very rough time financially in recent years, and the longer you delay the release, the more you're spending on development and not earning on sales. This is Sony's biggest franchise, and it's been well over a year since GT5 Prologue was released. Can they really afford to miss another holiday season? A "PS3 Slim" plus GT5, Uncharted, and Ratchet would make for a very intriguing holiday lineup. Even though I see Uncharted 2 as the most likely candidate for being the best game of 2009 (ND is amazing) and I love Insomniac's Ratchet, neither have the recognition of the general public that Gran Turismo has. Not even remotely close. That lineup just isn't the same without GT5, even with a possible "Slim" model. With GT5 in the mix, they could do surprisingly well. I just don't see how they could put off a release any further given that it could supposedly be released any time.

offshore

AKS said:
I don't understand how Sony can afford not to release Gran Turismo this year.

Because with every PS3 they sell, Sony are still losing money. Why in the world would they release their biggest, system selling franchise when they would lose money on every PS3 they sold?

It's obvious what's happening. Sony are waiting for the slim, where they will make money on each unit sold, but also probably until margins have increased even more, to a point where they can bundle the hell out of GT5, get solid sales, and make a handy profit at the same time...and if that means waiting until next year, I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do.

Sony have been their own masters this time, they're not getting goaded into anything by anybody.

Firewire

Banned
I'm with Psychotext on this one. I believe Sony will launch GT with the slim as a way to re-brand the PS3 in a way. All the signs kind of point to it, the new PS3 logo that's popped up recently is good sign of a re-branding attempt.

Dead Man

Firewire said:
God of War 3 is confirmed for March 2010. There is no way in hell Sony releases GT5 in the same window as GOW3.
Shit, forgot about that. You're right, no way they go head to head. That means Jan, which makes no sense, you would want the holiday sales, surely. Alright, November this year, or not until May 2010.

I really have no fucking clue.
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom