• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypecube

Banned
jared said:
OH MY GOD!!, i just picked up GT5:prologue...this is the MOST amazingly detailed, accurate racing game i've ever seen!! and i wonder...

How does one improve perfection? Can photo-realistic graphics, be made more photo-realisticy?

Caution: Pictures below may look real, but I promise you they are not. Now unlike other places, there is no Tom-Foolery going on in here, this is just the wonder that is Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

*Pictures*

PS4 should be this Running in Real time, at 60 frames per second in 1080p.

Also: did GTP every get trophies ?

-viper-

Banned
RavenFox said:
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE PLAYSTATION! So much fucking win.
11661711.jpg
unbelievable.

RussTK

Banned
equap said:

That is my only real complaint about GT5's graphics, the blinding light when coming out of a tunnel is way over exaggerated. Even when coming out of a pitch black theater out into the midday sun the world never appeared as a white wash of light. Keep the effect, just tone it down.

Fistula

Banned
Shining Sunshine said:
That's real physics going on there. You can clearly see it happening in this picture. Something that other game didn't have.

What other game? GT4? I hope you're not talking about any Forza game because Forza's handling and physics shits all over Turismo, and these are, after all, racing simulators we are talking about here, not tech demos. How can you tell proper physics from a screenshot? :lol

Full Disclosure: I have all 3 current consoles, GT3 A-Spec, GT4, Prologue, and Forza Motorsport 2. PGR4 has full body roll/weight/physics for fuck sakes.

I prefer Forza to Turismo, Gran Turismo has no "soul" if that makes any sense, it is boring and static.

Obviously I don't belong in this thread so I will leave, just wanted to point out that you were talking crazy shit about Turismo (or Forza's) handling/physics.

expy

Banned
Fistula said:
What other game? GT4? I hope you're not talking about any Forza game because Forza's handling and physics shits all over Turismo, and these are, after all, racing simulators we are talking about here, not tech demos. How can you tell proper physics from a screenshot? :lol
:lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fistula said:

Full Disclosure: I have all 3 current consoles, GT3 A-Spec, GT4, Prologue, and Forza Motorsport 2. PGR4 has full body roll/weight/physics for fuck sakes.

I prefer Forza to Turismo, Gran Turismo has no "soul" if that makes any sense, it is boring and static.

Obviously I don't belong in this thread so I will leave, just wanted to point out that you were talking crazy shit about Turismo (or Forza's) handling/physics.
Are you Jared: Forza Edition ?

Fistula said:

lol another troll account.

Woz

Fistula said:

Omen nomen.

Firewire

Banned
Fistula said:

Che is that you?

Fistula

Banned
Fersis said:
Are you Jared: Forza Edition ?

Sorry, I'm a little too old to be egged on. I've said my piece and now I'm out. If you don't like what I have to add to the discussion
real talk, no PR/Viral bullshit
then counter it or ignore it, easy.
Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on particular issues can be exchanged.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fistula said:
Sorry, I'm a little too old to be egged on. I've said my piece and now I'm out. If you don't like what I have to add to the discussion
real talk, no PR/Viral bullshit
then counter it or ignore it, easy.
Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on particular issues can be exchanged.
Just as you posted your opinion i posted mine. :D
Its a GT5 thread, posting how good Forza is will bring you no good.

Goldrusher

Oliver.S said:
Yeah, right. How could I forget the perfect AA.
Someone should buy new glasses.
There's bullshots and there's bullshots. AA alone does not make a bullshot.
But if you want jaggies, here are some in-game captures... of how the game looked like 2 years ago:

3309032145_c5f706fb38_o.png

3309032523_65d717d8fb_o.png

3309033761_aa5516f2b8_o.png

Now I'll go lay down. My eyes hurt from all those jaggies.

Stop the bitching already. In both camps. And ffs don't compare GT4 to Forza 2, the latter was release 2 years after GT4 Prologue and GT4 feels like an arcade game when comparing to GT5 Prologue.

Mods should instant suspend anyone talking shit in either of these threads.

Both games will be of great service to the car/driving/racing enthusiasts, so idiots from both camps need to shut the fuck up.

I'll be buying both... why? Cause I fucking like cars, driving and racing... and top gear :D

Anyway, sack the PS3 slim and price cut, this is what I'm tuning into Gamescom to hear about, PD need to step up and tell us more.

Issun23

Quick question: Since from interviews Yamauchi confirmed cars from GTPSP can be traded to GT5, does it mean GT5 will have over 800 cars?

(I'm thinking that's too big a number.)

Goldrusher said:
But if you want jaggies, here are some in-game captures... of how the game looked like 2 years ago...
In fairness though... what the game looks like there is quite some distance short of the screenshots that commonly get thrown around here.

(Like by that psychopath thejared)

But in short, anyone that thinks either game looks bad has their head so far up their own arses that there's really no helping them. :D

Goldrusher

Issun23 said:
Quick question: Since from interviews Yamauchi confirmed cars from GTPSP can be traded to GT5, does it mean GT5 will have over 800 cars?
Nobody knows.
There could always be limitations. Certain cars exclusive to one edition of the game.

Fersis

Audioboxer said:
Mods should instant suspend anyone talking shit in either of these threads.
Both games will be of great service to the car/driving/racing enthusiasts, so idiots from both camps need to shut the fuck up.

I'll be buying both... why? Cause I fucking like cars, driving and racing... and top gear :D

Anyway, sack the PS3 slim and price cut, this is what I'm tuning into Gamescom to hear about, PD need to step up and tell us more.
No please, no!
In that case i would be the only one posting on the KOFXII thread! :lol

Issun23 said:
Cheers, I guess we'll have to wait for Gamescom.
Games wut?
Its like a small E3 ?

Goldrusher said:
But if you want jaggies, here are some in-game captures... of how the game looked like 2 years ago:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/3309032145_c5f706fb38_o.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3309032523_65d717d8fb_o.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3309033761_aa5516f2b8_o.png

Stop the bitching already. In both camps. And ffs don't compare GT4 to Forza 2, the latter was release 2 years after GT4 Prologue and GT4 feels like an arcade game when comparing to GT5 Prologue.

The shots the other guy posted look exactly like what I see on my TV in replay mode.

Well, in his death cry he managed to lure out some fanboys himself.

That first one is probably the dumbest, most pathetically insecure post I've seen in either of these threads.

Fersis

Issun23 said:
Gamescom is the new Games Convention, in Cologne instead of Leipzig. Think of it as Europe's E3.
Oh yeah Leipzig.
Any confirmation of GT5 being there?

Oliver.S

Goldrusher said:
Well, the pics are very small, but that is not the point. You see, I still think that GTP looks great and GT5 will without any doubt be a beast at release. But you won't see this level of perfection in this generation. Even PD can't do miracles.
(Well, for some special guys, they can do it. Or how can anyone be so blind not to notice the jaggies in GTP..)

Issun23

Fersis said:
Oh yeah Leipzig.
Any confirmation of GT5 being there?

No confirmation yet (I think) but since Europe's the strongest territory for GT and GT games were always shown at Leipzig, it's not impossible the game will be shown there.

beast786 said:
Just checked my amazon pre-order and it states Dec 29th.Is there any reason to believe its true or just a place holder?

Don't believe any release dates for this game until Sony or Kaz says something. Anything else is placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom