• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

Is this the sequel to the Rocket Powered Bottle Cars or whatever it was called on PS3 - the zany but fun football game?

EDIT - never mind; it's right there in the OP:

Without you, our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

I liked that game a lot. Might see how this turns out.

Stiler

This game looks fun as heck.

I know PS4 users get the exclusive Sweetooth, do PC gamers get any special vehicle? Are there other special vehicles in teh game? So many classic cars from movies/other games that'd be great to use.

This has all the features I'm looking for in a multiplayer game. Is there a plan for a 4-pack on steam? I'm only seeing the store page, no price yet.
I think the answer is yes but will need to confirm. If anyone has any other burning questions they feel should be in the OT (assuming people are happy with me doing it) then ask here.

Ark

This has all the features I'm looking for in a multiplayer game. Is there a plan for a 4-pack on steam? I'm only seeing the store page, no price yet.

Have they mentioned anything in regards to PC pricing? I'd jump all over a four/six pack.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
cole, ive added you on steam, not sure you recognized me.
gonna get this game on all platforms regardless.

Wish I could share what the song based on SARPBC theme sounds like so far, but everyone will just have to wait.

This is one of the cars we are still modifying. Horns and flames coming soon as per suggestion by Rocket League project lead.

8dkeis.jpg

BShadowJ

Wish I could share what the song based on SARPBC theme sounds like so far, but everyone will just have to wait.

This is one of the cars we are still modifying. Horns and flames coming soon as per suggestion by Rocket League project lead.

8dkeis.jpg

It's RL on... RL??? :O
Looking good! Can't wait for the final video!

Also, I guess it's time for people to come up with witty subtitles for the OT? I was gonna propose just writing the full name of the previous game, but everyone would hate us forever (and I'm not even sure if there's like a character limit anyway xD)

Steiner84

Rocket League |OT| Gonna be the best game of all time

not alot of people will propably understand the reference...

Really wish they could have gotten this out in front of the holiday weekend! :( Ive been itching for this since the first beta, game is so good! Watching Lirik, Waffle, and Shortyyguy play the other night didn't help these desires!

Bahlor

Does it have an integrated tournament system? we really need a tournament system for this game... sogood.gif

nicolajNN

Does it have an integrated tournament system? we really need a tournament system for this game... sogood.gif

Not at launch, but Psyonix might look into adding it. However I believe Rocket League Central, a fan site, is looking into having a tournament organizer on their site

Based on responses from the PS+ thread: Rocket League |OT| Third tier indie trash

Might have to get this on PC or gift a copy to a friend. I always feel bad when games I was planning on buying end up being released for free on PS+. Can't wait to finally play it though.

Rocket League |OT| Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Based on responses from the PS+ thread: Rocket League |OT| Third tier indie trash

Might have to get this on PC or gift a copy to a friend. I always feel bad when games I was planning on buying end up being released for free on PS+. Can't wait to finally play it though.

Streamers are going to push this game big time. People are just gonna download it because Lirik or whomever played it and get hooked. having both PC and PS4 players on the same network is amazing too. Should be a healthy community.

Can we make a fact sheet?

Like a table or infograph... So many people aren't aware of things like split-screen.

Here's a FAQ with some info.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This game will make me forget about other games.

Rocket League |OT| It's Not a Reskin, Damnit!
Rocket League |OT| Sponsored by Psy and Onyx
Rocket League |OT| PC Masterrace vs. Console Peasants

Nivert

lol ignore the PS+ threads it's always the same people that don't like games and just want big AAA titles and full of arguments. Garbage threads every time.

It will cost 19,99

https://twitter.com/rocketleague/status/606109317264121856

No news regarding four or six packs though.

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed a 4 pack in someone's twitch stream.

Steiner84

We've come full circle haha.

Right, regarding this OT...I'll do it. I will
take the ring to Mordor
make the Official Thread.

A couple of guys have volunteered to help me. How long before a game's release are they usually put up?

i think the new rule is somehting alike a day before launch..
or even launch day.
i think there is an OT FAQ Thread somewhere.
edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

i would help, but im pure shit a graphical stuff

Top Bottom