• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

Braag

Yes and no. The original release had shaky performance (especially on a popular GPU at the time that had infamously gimped VRAM) and glaring visual glitches (like rain decals on Batman's suit not appearing). "Barely functioned" is blatantly false. The entire situation was a horrible overreaction on everyone's part. Made me realize how dumb the average PC gamer is these days.

lmao no
Rocksteady absolutely did not "recreate the port". It's the same Iron Galaxy port but with the obvious glitches fixed and some performance issues smoothed out. Emphasis on SOME, because it still has issues to this day. Only in the last couple of years have PCs been able to brute force it to a fairly steady 60fps.
I had no idea you were so well versed in this topic. I apologize to you and bow my head in shame. I was one of those buffoons who got a refund from Steam cause the game was a stuttering mess no matter what setting I put it on with textures not loading properly. If I remember right I had a lowly GTX 980 at the time, that potato clearly wasn't suited for that game. I should have contacted you at the time to get your opinion, but alas, all I could do was listen to every single voice and channel online that said the port is broken. If only I had a your voice of reason at the time, that it was in fact just my crappy PC that sucked ass. Oh well, live and learn.

Im glad the game isn’t the disaster the internet mob wanted it to be. I still don’t want to bite until awhile after launch. That’s the best time to jump in on games like this. By then they’re usually balanced, have more content, are on sale, and the in game economy has been fixed from whatever nonsense they usually launch with.

Shadow of War at launch versus when they de-GaaS’d the game was much much different. Same publisher here IIRC

Roufianos

Im glad the game isn’t the disaster the internet mob wanted it to be. I still don’t want to bite until awhile after launch. That’s the best time to jump in on games like this. By then they’re usually balanced, have more content, are on sale, and the in game economy has been fixed from whatever nonsense they usually launch with.

Shadow of War at launch versus when they de-GaaS’d the game was much much different. Same publisher here IIRC
Based on what may I ask? I think a 62 on Meta is probably as bad as most expected.

GymWolf

Very true, but I am not sure that isn't without trying. SP2 has 5x more narrative content, so Sweet Baby was able to get their shit covered fingers all over the product. Harder to do that when there is so little content at play here in Suicide Squad.
You barely see any wokeness in the main cutscenes, sp2 is full of that, between peter pussy, miles, his friends, mj etc.

A flag at the entrance of the base, an entry of lex luthor inside a sub-section menu and maybe WW being powerfull
but she still get fucked by sup and doesn't really win against anyone in the league

In spidey you literally had the longest boss fight in the game againt jawline with a feminist rant for like 10 min (without even considering everything else).

If they tried, they did it very badly with this game.

This is like a 2\10 in the modern AAA scale wokeness, even the scene with
harley and bat is not woke at all, it's a 4vs1, she doesn't best bat in melee combat.

Last edited:

Phase

It got trashed by Skill Up and he's usually pretty generous with his takes.

GymWolf

It got trashed by Skill Up and he's usually pretty generous with his takes.

Ah yeah the dude that makes a big deal over the camera locking on enemies after a melee attack when you can reduce or turn off snap-aim from the options...

Sometimes i feel like my dog would be a better videogame reviewer on yt...

He is not wrong on everything but i can't take seriously a professional reviewer when he can't even bother to check options before starting a game, something that i learned when i was 5 years old...

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
You barely see any wokeness in the main cutscenes, sp2 is full of that, between peter pussy, miles, his friends, mj etc.

A flag at the entrance of the base, an entry of lex luthor inside a sub-section menu and maybe WW being powerfull
but she still get fucked by sup and doesn't really win against anyone in the league

In spidey you literally had the longest boss fight in the game againt jawline with a feminist rant for like 10 min (without even considering everything else).

If they tried, they did it very badly with this game.

I would argue that moments such as
Turning Ivy from a beautiful, sexy women into an ugly ass little gremlin kid who acts like Tiny Tina

Harley's entire character just being "I LIKE WOMEN!"

Penguin being bossed around by a little kid.
just to name a few, all felt just as bad as those moments you mention in Spidey 2.

GymWolf

Turning Ivy from a beautiful, sexy women into an ugly ass little gremlin kid who acts like Tiny Tina

just to name a few, all felt just as bad as those moments you mention in Spidey 2.
They were more sublte tho, you don't get a sidequest where you have to make gay people meet, bipocs sidequests, or sidequest where an evil rich white man stole stuff from a black history museum, like cmon...

I thought about ivy,
but i think turning her into a child is better than making her adult and ugly like MJ, you can write it as a spin on the character, way more subtle than making her downright ugly, even ww, she is not exactly beatiful but not super insulting neither.

And penguin being bossed around...i mean he has a bomb in his neck so he can't really be the ol good penguin from past games and there is maybe a couple of lines when he get "bossed around", then they stay in separate places of the base and they don't interact much.

To me the 2 games are not even close, sorry.

And the women in this game are flawed, both ww, harley, waller, there is no perfect MJ in this game, they all fuck up, and they even didn't try to make deadshot, the black dude of the group to shine or be cooler over clearly more interesting character like boomer or sharko (or even harley).

Last edited:

Phase

Ah yeah the dude that makes a big deal over the camera locking on enemies after a melee attack when you can reduce or turn off snap-aim from the options...

Sometimes i feel like my dog would be a better videogame reviewer on yt...

He is not wrong on everything but i can't take seriously a professional reviewer when he can't even bother to check options before starting a game, something that i learned when i was 5 years old...
You pick the most nonsense example. He explains a plethora of things in this video with solid criticisms. I'm sorry your precious soyboy interests get railed on.

I just enjoy playing games
Then why on earth would you choose this? Nothing against this game, but why seek out a questionable new full-price game instead of just going to GameStop and spending $20 on a used game you haven’t played. Hell, you have gamepass, surely there is something to play there?

GymWolf

You pick the most nonsense example. He explains a plethora of things in this video with solid criticisms. I'm sorry your precious soyboy interests get railed on.
Wtf are you even talking about? can you people discuss without personal attacks with stupid shit that makes no sense?

And it's not a stupid example when the dude literally does disinformation when he cant even check the damn options when it's his fucking job.

But thanks for your attempt to inform us about skill up opinion, maybe next time post the review in the review topic, people in this topic already bought the game:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

Ogbert

Funnily enough, with Ivy, at the moment you point out, one of the characters says ‘she’s turned into a child eco terrorist!’ which I took as a pretty obvious dig at Greta Thunberg.

Phase

Wtf are you even talking about? can you people discuss without personal attacks with stupid shit that makes no sense?

And it's not a stupid example when the dude literally does disinformation when he cant even check the damn options when it's his fucking job.
Sorry about the unwarranted attack. It was uncalled for.

But discounting a whole reviewer because of that seems so stupid. Maybe he missed it? Though shouldn't default game settings like this, specifically gameplay choices made by devs, be optimal? If I were reviewing games I'd probably leave gameplay options as default since the devs have it as a default in the first place making me think it's the intended way they want people to play.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Maybe he missed it?
he also says the game's 100 dollar edition comes with classic costumes but they are incomplete.
The pre-order came with the classic costumes, regardless of the edition of the game, the deluxe edition came with the cosplay costume set.

GymWolf

Sorry about the unwarranted attack. It was uncalled for.

But discounting a whole reviewer because of that seems so stupid. Maybe he missed it? Though shouldn't default game settings like this, specifically gameplay choices made by devs, be optimal? If I were reviewing games I'd probably leave gameplay options as default since the devs have it as a default in the first place making me think it's the intended way they want people to play.
I think that options are there to tailor the gameplay to your taste, countless of games have shit deafault settings and any experienced games usually check those before starting the game or when something doesn't feel right, the fact that he was so immensely bothered by that (his words) and didn't thought about checking if he could turn off snap aim (an option in 99% of games with snap aim, from rdr2 to division) tells me that he was set on hating the game and not giving any chance, i would have not called him out for that, but he kinda makes a big deal of what is a big feature of the combat (melee to juggle or get shields) so i felt like i had to say something.

I liked this dude in the past(not really cared about his opinion but he was nice to listen) because he has that nice accent, he is well spoken, and he explain things with video examples, but i just noticed that in almost every review he does 1-2 big fuck ups of pretty basic things and i soured on him a lot.

I usually like your posts dude so i didn't wanted to start an argument for stupid shit like this, the game is not nearly good enough to fight for it :lollipop_squinting:

intbal

It occurs to me that this is probably the official WB-approved design for Wonder Woman that we will get from Monolith in the upcoming Wonder Woman game.
Sad.

RqTPlGR.jpg

Phase

I think that options are there to tailor the gameplay to your taste, countless of games have shit deafault settings and any experienced games usually check those before starting the game or when something doesn't feel right, the fact that he was so immensely bothered by that (his words) and didn't thought about checking if he could turn off snap aim (an option in 99% of games with snap aim, from rdr2 to division) tells me that he was set on hating the game and not giving any chance, i would have not called him out for that, but he kinda makes a big deal of what is a big feature of the combat (melee to juggle or get shields) so i felt like i had to say something.

I liked this dude in the past(not really cared about his opinion but he was nice to listen) because he has that nice accent, he is well spoken, and he explain things with video examples, but i just noticed that in almost every review he does 1-2 big fuck ups of pretty basic things and i soured on him a lot.

I usually like your posts dude so i didn't wanted to start an argument for stupid shit like this, the game is not nearly good enough to fight for it :lollipop_squinting:
Fair enough, and yeah I almost deleted the last sentence in my first reply to you lol. I actually agree with you on Skill Up, as I used to watch him way more frequently in the past. I just thought your dig was uncalled for as I actually watched the whole video and he goes into a lot. He probably soured on the game rather fast leading to those mistakes. Fair points though.

GymWolf

It occurs to me that this is probably the official WB-approved design for Wonder Woman that we will get from Monolith in the upcoming Wonder Woman game.
Sad.

RqTPlGR.jpg
We can only hope monolith is gonna remember the days of no one lives forever...

Nolf2_Modernizer.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Sad.
Depends. Earth-2 Justice League statues had different designs for the League and Wonder Woman's was the iconic long haired version.

dorkimoe

Then why on earth would you choose this? Nothing against this game, but why seek out a questionable new full-price game instead of just going to GameStop and spending $20 on a used game you haven’t played. Hell, you have gamepass, surely there is something to play there?
Oh I’m not paying full price at all. Just keeping an eye for when it’s like 20 bucks or gamepass. Just making a mental reminder

Sorry but how is this game not a disaster? I started to think a bit more positively a couple days ago when people were saying how the core combat/traversal is fun and that the game doesnt deserve all the hate it's getting ....

HOWEVER, the past 2 days (now that people are finishing the campaign and understanding the endgame), literally every single review I've seen has been saying how bad it truly is. They all point to the same reasons: short campaign, little mission variety, combat encounters repetitive and lacking imagination, only a few enemy types, boring loot, weak endgame....5 or 6 Out of 10. Not only that but according to DF the game is a mess technically too, particularly the PC version but the consoles are bad too since the game stutters during gameplay.

That's a very disappointing sounding game to me.

I had no idea you were so well versed in this topic. I apologize to you and bow my head in shame. I was one of those buffoons who got a refund from Steam cause the game was a stuttering mess no matter what setting I put it on with textures not loading properly. If I remember right I had a lowly GTX 980 at the time, that potato clearly wasn't suited for that game. I should have contacted you at the time to get your opinion, but alas, all I could do was listen to every single voice and channel online that said the port is broken. If only I had a your voice of reason at the time, that it was in fact just my crappy PC that sucked ass. Oh well, live and learn.
Thanks for proving my point about the average PC gamer these days. You actually thought that Rocksteady rewrote the entire game. Don't get your panties in a bunch because I corrected you.

Madflavor

Sad.

RqTPlGR.jpg

I'm keeping any eye out on two things with the Wonder Woman game:

1. If she's unattractive.
2. If Sweet Baby is involved.

If either one of these things are true, I ain't buying it. I think I've finally had enough of this shit. Every man has his breaking point, and I've recently reached mine. I'd rather support the devs who don't do this shit. If Wonder Woman of all characters can't be allowed to be attractive, then what the fuck?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sad.

RqTPlGR.jpg
Good god. Look more like a Wonder Man. If nobody knew that was supposed to be a WW, that could be a random dark haired guy.

My 80 year old mom probably looks more feminine. And she has stringy white hair and I dont think has worn any make up for the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Never heard of this company. They have worked on Ragnarok, Spidey2 and AW2. Interesting.

"Founded in 2018, Sweet Baby Inc. is a narrative development and consultation studio based in Montreal and working around the globe. Our mission is to tell better, more empathetic stories while diversifying and enriching the video games industry. We aim to make games more engaging, more fun, more meaningful, and more inclusive, for everyone."

It seems like it’s just a room with three blue haired loonies shouting ‘Atreus is too white - make Angrboda black and tell her story!’, ‘Mary Jane’s too pretty - make her ugly and tell her story!’ And ‘Spiderman’s too white - make him diverse and tell his story!’ - based off the changes to the sequels to those games anyway.

Be interesting to know how much they get paid for it actually.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He was huffing mad hopium in his preview video even though the writing was on the wall in jumbo sized letters, so this could've gone either way.

I certainly think he wanted to give it a fair crack of the whip, and wait until it was released. Most of the more reliable reviewers did that, which is more than fair enough.

MiguelItUp

Sad.

RqTPlGR.jpg
She looks better than the Injustice 1/2 one IMO, so it doesn't bother me much. At this point, I care about the gameplay more than anything, especially if it is utilizing the nemesis system or something similar. But WW was a character/superhero I never really cared for period.

It’s clear Ralph hated this thing pretty quick into his time with it. He can spot a turd.
I dig Ralph and his content, but I wouldn't go that far personally. There's been plenty of games that he adores or praises that do nothing for me personally. Destiny being one of them. But when he and I share a similar opinion, it's interesting to hear about it and why.

Can we talk about how anti-Semitic this design is? Because holy shit. I know that leftists have a problem with Gal Gadot, but c'mon.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, the character model doesn't look anything like her (except for the giant nose), but okay.
Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

On a side note, I'm now seeing people attempting to say that the Green Lantern's bio is racist, lol. In the text it describes Lantern's background, there's a blurb that reads...

"Look, I barely even know the guy past reputation. Architect and Marine, probably was an honor student, wholesome all-American white picket fence type stuff. Kind of guy that makes you think "oh, one of the good ones."

Reading it I didn't immediately think, "welp, that's racist", I thought, "oh, they're describing a cookie cutter good stereotypical good American type." It's probably just standard dumb Twitter nonsense, but the "outrage" is silly. I figured if anything maybe this is just poor writing, GG Sweet Baby. Regardless, there's this bizarre obsession with picking this game apart, it's so strange to me. When something is debunked or dismissed, people are going after something else, it's so odd.

Last edited:
Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

On a side note, I'm now seeing people attempting to say that the Green Lantern's bio is racist, lol. In the text it describes Lantern's background, there's a blurb that reads...

"Look, I barely even know the guy past reputation. Architect and Marine, probably was an honor student, wholesome all-American white picket fence type stuff. Kind of guy that makes you think "oh, one of the good ones."

Reading it I didn't immediately think, "welp, that's racist", I thought, "oh, they're describing a cookie cutter good stereotypical good American type." It's probably just standard dumb Twitter nonsense, but the "outrage" is silly. I figured if anything maybe this is just poor writing, GG Sweet Baby. Regardless, there's this bizarre obsession with picking this game apart, it's so strange to me. When something is debunked or dismissed, people are going after something else, it's so odd.
I saw that in GL's bio; I assumed it was meant to be ironic (GL's constantly referring to Deadshot as "convict" was clearly meant to be standard cop attitude, "acab" stuff) and to undermine GL. He wants to be for 'law and order' but he's too dumb to realize that he'll always be hurt by that mindset (I'm summarizing the writers' intentions here).

MiguelItUp

Sweet Baby is a cancer in this industry and is an immediate red flag if they worked on your script.

How the hell did these developers become so out of touch with their actual fans/fanbase?
Blame the publishers pushing developers to work with them and use their "expertise."

I personally don't always see it as a "red flag", as some cases are worse than others. But who knows what the reason is that affects that. Could be the devs pushing back, could just be that publisher not pushing as hard, who knows?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Someone involved with gaming whining on social media?

Who would had ever guessed! lol
No kidding, it's such child mentality. Devs just really need to stay off of social media and take a lap from time to time. Especially if they have a hard time taking feedback. Posting on a public social platform is not wise, lol.

SkylineRKR

Sweet Baby is a cancer in this industry and is an immediate red flag if they worked on your script.

How the hell did these developers become so out of touch with their actual fans/fanbase?

Fear. They fear a very vocal crowd that jumps on anything that doesn't check all the boxes. They pander to the wrong audience and I hope they realize its going to bring them nothing. They are not the consumers going out to buy your game, and for them its never good enough anyway.

I pretty much exclusively play Japanese games for the past few years.

Top Bottom