• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Pretty interesting theory/easter egg some dude found in the game:

I guess it ties into the fact that the JL are a bit "off" in the story and a lot of things could drastically change with the upcoming seasons.

Pretty interesting theory/easter egg some dude found in the game:

I guess it ties into the fact that the JL are a bit "off" in the story and a lot of things could drastically change with the upcoming seasons.

You really think this game will get more than a couple of seasons?

Goodfellas GIF

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Anyway, first patch notes are up:
BUG FIXES:

• Fixed a bug that was causing Burning damage to scale with both player damage buffs and enemy debuffs. Burning damage should only be scaling via enemy debuffs.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Toyman to stack multiple of the same Augment on your gear.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented modifications to Augments on your gear from saving after exiting a multi-player session and joining a single-player session.
CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE:

• Heat Wave's Molten Skin & The Turtle's Shell have had their damage reduction reduced from 100% to 90%.
  • Due to some players exploiting certain mission mechanics, vehicle kills during Gizmo’s Support Squad missions no longer grant XP. You are still awarded XP for mission completion.
  • With the fix to Burning damage, players will be less likely to get to the same Mastery Level as before. As a result, we will be creating new Leaderboards in the interest of fairness. Fear not though, as we will be archiving the existing Leaderboards, so those currently atop the rankings will live on in infamy!
  • With the fix coming to Burning damage scaling and hearing the concerns around hitting a wall when climbing Mastery levels, we have reduced enemy health scaling for Mastery levels 46 and above.
  • To keep things challenging, enemies at Mastery level 46 and above will now deal more damage.
That's all fine I guess, but what's not fine is these tiny changes prompted a patch that 32gb in size....the game is only 48gb big.
The game has one big content file that's 23gb and two smaller ones at 13 and 11GB, and then two even smaller ones at 2 and 1GB, so as long as the 23gb file needs to be patched it seems we'll be almost redownloading the game every time smh...

Anyway they also said something on their discord about providing weekly dev updates from now on.

I did get this on a valentines sale from my gf and man I am loving this game. I'm not tied to needing a huge end game, loving the traversal, story and it's so damn fun.
it's very fun yeah. I have no ties to comic book anything, haven't seen a comic book movie since Guardians of Galaxy volume 1 ten years ago, but this game really fun and EXTREMELY fucking polished. The scores in general, and many in this thread, are out to lunch.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
it's very fun yeah. I have no ties to comic book anything, haven't seen a comic book movie since Guardians of Galaxy volume 1 ten years ago, but this game really fun and EXTREMELY fucking polished. The scores in general, and many in this thread, are out to lunch.
That's my feelings, I never really read suicide squad comics myself, my friend has and I even convinced him to either watch the game or get it. the little I know falls in line with the characters mostly boomerang was done properly as in the comic, according to my friend. the character models are insane. While doing the story, I've been bouncing around doing side missions and I'm close to 15hours which have been fun. I think the whole back and forth comms chat the team has keeps it funny. But, I do understand the rinse and repeat gameplay, it's one of those situations you just jump in and play some and jump out.

That's my feelings, I never really read suicide squad comics myself, my friend has and I even convinced him to either watch the game or get it. the little I know falls in line with the characters mostly boomerang was done properly as in the comic, according to my friend. the character models are insane. While doing the story, I've been bouncing around doing side missions and I'm close to 15hours which have been fun. I think the whole back and forth comms chat the team has keeps it funny. But, I do understand the rinse and repeat gameplay, it's one of those situations you just jump in and play some and jump out.
For sure. It's got its flaws but they feel similar to Vanilla Destiny. Feels similar to that honestly, critical reception and all. The amount of people in this thread who probably enjoyed Vanilla Destiny (or fucking Crackdown for that matter) who have decided this game is terrible without even playing is what I still find hard to accept.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I'm in the tutorial where you learn in the moves of the characters. Got the feeling I'm going to have to relearn each character every time I play as a new one. Not sure I'm digging this.

I'm in the tutorial where you learn in the moves of the characters. Got the feeling I'm going to have to relearn each character every time I play as a new one. Not sure I'm digging this.
You figure out which one you like best in tutorial. Spend more time if you have to. Then stick to that one for long.

Then work on git gud with that character. At some point you will start seeing buildings you need to latch to, to keep up momentum without falling to the ground. If you keep falling to the ground you are not playing it well.

Am not sure if game is made for quickly switching the characters. I like King Shark the best.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I played boomerang start to finish.

Topher

Gold Member
I played boomerang start to finish.

I like boomerang a lot. Think I’ll do the same.

You figure out which one you like best in tutorial. Spend more time if you have to. Then stick to that one for long.

Then work on git gud with that character. At some point you will start seeing buildings you need to latch to, to keep up momentum without falling to the ground. If you keep falling to the ground you are not playing it well.

Am not sure if game is made for quickly switching the characters. I like King Shark the best.

Good stuff. Thanks

Top Bottom