• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers unite: Major Nelson and Sony's Adam Boyes playing games together at comic-con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamers unite: Major Nelson and Sony's Adam Boyes playing games together at comic-con

PecaFx8.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3cxpq3/gamers_unite_major_nelson_and_sonys_adam_boyes/

leeh

Looked like they had some glass pipes on the table at first glance on mobile. That'd be how you'd unite.

Skele7on

Banned
People play games together despite working in a competitive environment.

Shocking news. It's almost as if they are human.

Neff

Might not be a bad idea to leave this one open to show console warriors that these people are adults in amicable competition.

Averon

It always amaze me when people see execs from competing companies socialize and be friendly with each other.

The vast majority of videogame execs don't give two craps about console wars BS and are often close friends in real life. I know it can be shocking to some, but it is true.

I see the same thing happen in politics when I see people amazed that Democratic and Republican politicians are laughing and hanging with each other. This is especially true with current and former presidents.

Zombine

Banned
As someone who works in a competitive environment, the job is just that...a job. It's the onlookers who create the TMZ headlines for the people who work there. In reality, a lot of them become friends (or a least good acquaintances), and riff off one another.

mantis23

This was part of the Disney Infinity Toy Box TV livestream on Twitch. This shot seems to have been taken from outside the venue through the window. The entire thing was broadcast live.

This is nice to see, behind all of the warz and arbitrary plastic box comparing, we are all gamers, and I think especially after the passing of Mr. Iwata, we should keep that in heart.

Yep, this.

It's a neat photograph, but it shouldn't be considered extraordinary.

I don't think the OP is saying it's extraordinary.

It's a good reminder for those embroiled in their console wars that everyone in the industry gets a long just fine. It's not surprising for most of us.

Circinus

I don't think the OP is saying it's extraordinary.

It's a good reminder for those embroiled in their console wars that everyone in the industry gets a long just fine. It's not surprising for most of us.

In that case, yeah, you're absolutely right and good on OP for highlighting something that may be eye-opening to those embroiled in the console war in that case.

It's a neat picture either way. ^.^

Madness

Execs and senior staff don't really care about the console war business like fans do. They're routinely rubbing shoulders at industry events, playing golf together, talking about investments and blah blah. In the end it's all business for them, not personal.

whippyice

Banned
this is pretty cool i sent a tweet to P Spencer requesting him V yoshida on a xbox game and a ps4 game, i think it's pretty cool that they do things like this,

makes the whole console war thing seem so pointless, because frankly it is.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don't understand why it constantly comes as a surprise to people when these adults are seen acting as such and not engaging in a stupid, childish console war. Just because you can't grow up, doesn't mean others can't.

And I don't mean you specifically OP.

Schnozberry

I don't understand why it constantly comes as a surprise to people when these adults are seen acting as such and not engaging in a stupid, childish console war. Just because you can't grow up, doesn't mean others can't.

And I don't mean you specifically OP.

I don't think most people who engage in infantile banter about video game consoles have a grasp of how professional competition often breeds respect and friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom