• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers unite: Major Nelson and Sony's Adam Boyes playing games together at comic-con

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only played one track (3 laps) that was themed around "Nightmare Before Christmas" - it was fun, but I need to play more before rendering a final opinion :)

Major Nelson if you read this, you should post in other places, this forum is totally full of irrational hate towards MS and XB1. In the Xbox ONE reedit you are more than welcome !

Yes it is... just look at the thread of the child not being exited about winning an xb1

Naturally you'll find negativity anywhere but it's hardly some consensus. I have a friend that owns one and plays it all the time but bitches about it on a daily basis so I wouldn't take many things too seriously.

Purest 78

I don't get it, do people actually fight in real life over console wars? & this photo is supposed to unite them? Is fighting over consoles actually a thing?

Where I live everyone plays on Playstation so I have no frame of reference, but looking at AndroidiPhone, the most "heated" people can get is joke exaggerated arguments.

The console war has changed growing up I was a Nintendo fan. I had plenty of friends that were sega fans. Problem These days Any Criticism towards a company/console even if it's fair. People take it as personal attack on them.

Balb

I don't understand why it constantly comes as a surprise to people when these adults are seen acting as such and not engaging in a stupid, childish console war. Just because you can't grow up, doesn't mean others can't.

And I don't mean you specifically OP.

Industry rivalries were never as friendly in the past as they are now.

I can just imagine Nelson leaning over to Boyles and just being like "hey that fucking share play skit with Yosh... You bastard" and just like a funny grimace.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I remember little jabs thrown out by Sega when I was growing up, but nothing as petty and pathetic as a segment of the industry fanbase is today.

Wait, you say you remember jabs by Sega, then go on to say the fanbase is worse today. It doesn't work like that, that is comparing apples to people infatuated with apples.

Sega and Nintendo were pulling a ton of shit on each other in advertising back in the day. The industry today is much more amicable than back when Nintendo and Sega were duking in out.

Now on the fanbase front, the internet has just made the playing field wider than on the playground so it is much more apparent.

FranXico

This thread has needlessly gone the wrong way.

PR people from competing companies were playing a game together at comicon. There's nothing controversial about it. It's a job, these people are normal human beings just like everyone else and don't hate each other.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This thread has needlessly gone the wrong way.

PR people from competing companies were playing a game together at comicon. There's nothing controversial about it. It's a job, these people are normal human beings just like everyone else and don't hate each other.

Boyes isn't PR, Nelson is though.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
lol "gamer unite" bullshit, there is a winner and a loser, it's how it works for everything, the winner have nothing to say to the loser.

It's just marketing, nothing more, nothing less. Microsoft has lose their balls since they get destroyed by Sony, there was a time when Microsoft was a feroce competitor, now there just trying to be the friendly dude who love everyone, so weak...

ease off on the mountain dew, bro

sono

Yes, yes very noble. But what we really want to know what they were playing and who got their butt kicked.

I am right though aren't I?

Two gentlemen who work in the same industry, hanging out and playing games.

Shocking. It's almost as if they're not necessarily the warmongering console fighters that some of you expect them to be. Frankly this should be seen as the norm, not the exception.

Togeo

It's really funny how rarely these pictures surface cause this kind of thing happens a lot. 99% of people in the industry don't harbor ill will towards the competition. Why would you? If you're a professional you respect good work no matter where it comes from. Also if layoffs roll through where do you think you'll be applying?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why was the other topic closed?

(As someone not involved in moderating either thread until now)

Because different mods caught it each time and it was a marginal call that could have gone either way and the mods that caught it the second time didn't think to do a check to see if it had previously been locked and since it's a low-controversy low-impact moderation discussion we didn't all sit down and hash out the major ramifications of such a dramatic and decisive action as locking a low-content thread.

When this kind of thing happens, it's almost always one of the following things:
- Mods saw one thread and not the other
- Different mods saw one thread and the other and made slightly different judgment calls
- The thread was a marginal case that could have went either way and moderation involves discretion
- In many cases, although not this case, the people pointing out the "different treatment" don't realize that the threads were in fact different and the reason they're being treated differently is because they're not the same

No great conspiracy.

And with that, and looking at the deleted thread derails and console war bans in this thread, we will be correcting this discrepancy by locking this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom