• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Interestingly, the "Sense by Play.me" community has now been removed from Miiverse.
Wonder if the app has been removed from the eShop too?

The app wasn't available yet in Europe, they removed the banner about it as well, though. What happened here? No way to contact the developer? It's a bit bizarre :lol

Robin64

Think it was up briefly? Someone tweeted this image.

CKCejLWWwAARuNz.jpg

Phoenixus

Yup, the app was up briefly and I nabbed it, keep getting a network error screen when I try to load it. Pushed out too soon methinks!

L~A

It is. In Europe, you apparently had to request the PR in order to get it (like NintendoLife did). No idea about NoA, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Nintendo Everything:

Wii U Download:
Tiny Galaxy – $5.99

Wii U Virtual Console:
Blaster Master – $4.99

3DS Download:
I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero Narita – $19.99
I Love My Dogs – $24.99

3DS Demo:
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

DSiWare:
G.G Series VECTOR – $1.99
G.G Series SCORE ATTACKER – $1.99

...........and that's it. Not hearing anything about sales.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It is. In Europe, you apparently had to request the PR in order to get it (like NintendoLife did). No idea about NoA, though.

Ah, now that explains why. Yeah, understandable given what happened this week. :(

topplehat

Wii U Download:
Tiny Galaxy – $5.99

Wii U Virtual Console:
Blaster Master – $4.99

3DS Download:
I Love My Dogs – $24.99

3DS Demo:

DSiWare:

Releasing nothing would have been better than this.

Wii U Download:
Tiny Galaxy – $5.99

Wii U Virtual Console:
Blaster Master – $4.99

3DS Download:
I Love My Dogs – $24.99

3DS Demo:

DSiWare:

Man. What the fuck NOA? What the fuck!?

Ondore

Before everyone flips their shit (phantom edit: too late), may I remind you that these were known since Sunday afternoon.

Going through the eShop on 3DS looking for new sales... Ubisoft titles are in "Price Drops" despite no reduction, and Etrian Mystery Dungeon is advertising 4% off (not a typo).

Fairune is on sale 30% off.

Note: I'm in Canada, YMMV.

sörine

Banned
Super light week. Isn't this sort of when NOA's supposed to catch up on Virtual Console?

Also, when can I finally get Ufouria on my 3DS?

sörine;172071704 said:
Super light week. Isn't this sort of when NOA's supposed to catch up on Virtual Console?

I wish they'd just stick Steel Diver up so I could stop griping every week.

It's listed as available on the eShop on their website too! ;_;

Richie

Before everyone flips their shit (phantom edit: too late), may I remind you that these were known since Sunday afternoon.

US eShop here, the offerings are really as barebones as listed. Man I'd have loved the Fire Emblem DS game Europe got 2 weeks ago.

sörine;172071704 said:

Tons of NES games on Wii U but no 3DS...some NES games are only on 3DS and not Wii U. Makes zero sense

L~A

sörine;172071704 said:

Ufouria... wasn't it supposed to come out ages ago, or am I confusing it with another game?

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse not on sale on 3DS? Just WiiU why

Because it's part of an indie sale on Wii U where you get discounts on other Wii U games by owning at least one game from the list.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• I've Got to Run! (4 Corner Games | $0.01 until 07/18, then $1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Atlus | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• I've Got to Run: Complete Edition! (4 Corner Games | $0.10 until 07/18, then $4.99)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

• Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (Nintendo | NDS | €9.99 | £8.99)
  • Final Fight One (Capcom | GBA | €6.99 | £6.29)
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (Capcom | GBA | €6.99 | £6.29)
    PS_NDS_MarioAndLuigiPartnersInTime_search_thumb.jpg
    finalfightl5oar.jpg
    streetfighterqxpnd.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Frenchy Bird (Carbon Fire Studio | €0.99 | £0.89 until 07/23, then €1.99 | £1.79)
  • Super Toy Cars (Eclipse Games | €3.99 | £3.49 until 07/23, then €7.99 | £6.99)
  • Squids Odyssey (The Game Bakers | €5.99 | £4.99 until 08/13, then €12.99 | £9.99)

• Samurai Defender (Circle Ent. | €2.99 | £2.39)
  • Epic Word Search Collection (Lightwood Games | €7.99 | £5.99)
    samuraidefender1ar2j.jpg
    epic7gob7.jpg

• I Love My Dogs (Bigben Interactive | €24.99 | £19.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Fairune (Circle Ent. | €1.99 | £1.59 until 08/06, then €2.99 | £2.39)
  • Parking Star 3D (Circle Ent. | €1.99 | £1.25 until 08/06, then €2.99 | £2.49)
  • Squids Odyssey (The Game Bakers | €5.99 | £4.99 until 08/13, then €12.99 | £9.99)
  • AeternoBlade (Corecell | €7.99 | £7.19 until 08/13, then €14.99 | £13.50)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

knkng

Does anybody have an idea why we still haven't gotten stuff like Metroid Zero Mission and Golden Sun 2 in North America yet? It's starting to feel like some of these games are never going to come out for some reason, and these are Nintendo's own games. :/

Does anybody have an idea why we still haven't gotten stuff like Metroid Zero Mission and Golden Sun 2 in North America yet? It's starting to feel like some of these games are never going to come out for some reason, and these are Nintendo's own games. :/

Well. The same crowd of people in here that defend NOA say that it is because NOA gets more Indie releases than any other region. Yet here we are this week with one indie release.

The actual response is: NOA is extremely incompetent at handling almost every side of their business.

Apparently Tengami sold 11K on Wii U. It sold the same on PC. Sold 196K on iOS.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/238616-tengami-sells-11k-on-wii-u

I supported this game. Short and sweet :D

maxcriden

Apparently Tengami sold 11K on Wii U. It sold the same on PC. Sold 196K on iOS.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/238616-tengami-sells-11k-on-wii-u

Anyone know what the original price was? I did a giveaway for that game, I think it was on here but maybe it was on NintendoEverything. I don't remember it getting the kind of buzz/promotion games really need for the eShop. Also IIRC you had to look at the GamePad entirely to play it and I'm not sure that flies for most games.

The reason is the NOA dripfeed model. ;__; I would pick them up on GBA and play them on an AGS-101, a backlit OG GBA, or the DS Lite. You may not see them tilll NX otherwise.

knkng

Well. The same crowd of people in here that defend NOA say that it is because NOA gets more Indie releases than any other region. Yet here we are this week with one indie release.

The actual response is: NOA is extremely incompetent at handling almost every side of their business.

That doesn't make much sense to me anyways. I buy the indie games that I'm interested in. Lack of VC games doesn't make me just buy random indie stuff I never wanted. Maybe they could use some discretion with similar game types (like don't release a Metroid title on the same day as a new Shantae game), but that's not what's happening.

As for their incompetence, it doesn't take market research to tell you to release Golden Sun 2, the literal direct sequel to the first game, within a reasonable time-frame (both released within a couple months of each other in Japan).

The reason is the NOA dripfeed model. ;__; I would pick them up on GBA and play them on an AGS-101, a backlit OG GBA, or the DS Lite. You may not see them tilll NX otherwise.
It really does feel like they're killing off the Wii U early in North America sometimes. It's a shame.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'd like to see the sales figures for the different VC regions. Adelman, who had a large part in implementing the drip strategy, is adamant that it's "the only way" to do it. He cites the obvious fact that Virtual Console games are not as easy to put up as uploading a ROM, but then goes into details about how it helps with sales / marketing. It's a shame because VC is mostly fan service for long time fans.

I really try not to complain about VC but I can't help myself anymore. Why on earth hasn't Metroid: Zero Mission been released in NA yet? It's been available in both Europe and Japan for many months. I really want to play this game again.

RedBoot

I'd like to see the sales figures for the different VC regions. Adelman, who had a large part in implementing the drip strategy, is adamant that it's "the only way" to do it. The cites the obvious fact that Virtual Console games are not as easy to put up as uploading a ROM, but then goes into details about how it helps with sales / marketing. It's a shame because VC is mostly fan service for long time fans.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that VC games sell better in the US/Europe than in Japan (I'd love actual evidence of this if anyone has some). Maybe we just buy a lot of Mario games and nothing else?

I'm okay with the "drip feed" just so long as our drip is the same as Europe's. America's drip has a sponge under the tap.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that VC games sell better in the US/Europe than in Japan (I'd love actual evidence of this if anyone has some). Maybe we just buy a lot of Mario games and nothing else?

I'm okay with the "drip feed" just so long as our drip is the same as Europe's. America's drip has a sponge under the tap.

And they'll do it all over again with the NX!

maxcriden

I'd like to see the sales figures for the different VC regions. Adelman, who had a large part in implementing the drip strategy, is adamant that it's "the only way" to do it. The cites the obvious fact that Virtual Console games are not as easy to put up as uploading a ROM, but then goes into details about how it helps with sales / marketing. It's a shame because VC is mostly fan service for long time fans.

What I truly don't understand is the Wii titles on the eShop. As you mentioned, and as Nintendo (I think it was Iwata-san ;___; or Miyamoto-san) said at a recent investor meeting, VC title emulation takes quite a bit of work and is not always worth sparing the resources for, to Nintendo, at the moment. Now, Wii titles as I understand are literally just ROM dumps. That's what's a bit perplexing. The ROM dumps do not require emulation as I understand it. So please, Nintendo, I want to sell off my copies of RTDL and DKC and SMG and other games to those who prefer physical games, and I want to have them digitally instead. Pretty please. Thank you.

And they'll do it all over again with the NX!

The bright side here is (a) based on recent Nintendo comments, NX might not be region-locked, which would be a good enough situation for me and that (b) based on comments Nintendo has made about absorbing the Wii U architecture going forward, all Wii U VC might be on NX by default.

I do really hope the Wii Shop doesn't shut down anytime soon. I will be spending a lot of money on vritual titles if so. Just to build the backlog of stuff I want to play that may or may not pop up digitally again in the future if the Wii Shop shuts down.

RedBoot

What I truly don't understand is the Wii titles on the eShop. As you mentioned, and as Nintendo (I think it was Iwata-san ;___; or Miyamoto-san) said at a recent investor meeting, VC title emulation takes quite a bit of work and is not always worth sparing the resources for, to Nintendo, at the moment.

One thing I've always wondered (and I doubt we'll ever get the answer to it): let's say Nintendo does the work to prepare an SNES game for the Japanese VC. We'll use Link to the Past as an example. When they release it in the US, do they have to do all that work over again (since JPN LTTP and US LTTP are technically "different" games) or is it just a matter of switching out the game files and doing some quick testing to make sure everything still emulates properly. If it's not doing all the work over again, then there shouldn't really be anything stopping or delaying any game on the Japanese VC from hitting over here (minus random legal issues).

But, it's pretty much always been Japan with the most games, Europe with less, and the US with less than Europe. It's become more pronounced lately, too. I'm running out of possibilities besides "NoA is bad."

sörine

Banned
NOA's PAL backlog still growing. It's like one step forward, three steps back on Wii U.

3DS
Devil World (NES) Nintendo
Donkey Kong: Original Edition (NES) Nintendo
Trip World (GB) Sunsoft

Wii U
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA) Nintendo
Big Brain Academy (DS) Nintendo
Brain-Age (DS) Nintendo
Devil World (NES) Nintendo
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) Nintendo
Final Fight One (GBA) Capcom
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) Nintendo
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES) Culture Brain
Flying Warriors (NES) Culture Brain
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) Nintendo
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64) Nintendo
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS) Nintendo
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) Nintendo
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii) Nintendo
Kung-Fu Heroes (NES) Culture Brain
Kurukuru Kururin (GBA) Nintendo
Little Ninja Brothers (NES) Culture Brain
Mario's Super Picross (SNES) Nintendo
Mega Man Zero 4 (GBA) Capcom
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) Nintendo
Pandora's Tower (Wii) Nintendo
Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (Wii) Nintendo
Pop'n Twinbee (SNES) Konami
Pop'n Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (SNES) Konami
River City Ransom (NES) Arc System Works
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii) Nintendo
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (GBA) Capcom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (GBA) Capcom

And if we add their JP backlog it's almost too depressing for words. I left out TG16/MSX because thinking about Konami these days makes me lose hope in humanity.

3DS
Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES) HAL Laboratory
Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (NES) Konami
Bubble Bobble (NES) Square Enix
Double Dragon II (GB) Arc System Works
Elevator Action (NES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy (NES) Square Enix
Game Boy Gallery (GB) Nintendo
King's Knight (NES) Square Enix
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (NES) Hamster
Nintendo World Cup (GB) Arc System Works
Nintendo World Cup (NES) Arc System Works
Pop'n Twinbee (GB) Konami
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES) Konami
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (GBC) Atlus
Shadowgate (NES) Kemco
Tetris Attack (GB) Nintendo
The Legend of Kage (NES) Square Enix
The Sword of Hope (GB) Kemco
Ufouria: The Saga (NES) Sunsoft

Wii U
Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES) HAL Laboratory
Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (NES) Konami
Bubble Bobble (NES) Square Enix
DK Jungle Climber (DS) Nintendo
Elevator Action (NES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy (NES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy II (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy III (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fight Guy (SNES) Capcom
Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (SNES) Koei Tecmo
Mendel Palace (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (NES) Hamster
Nintendo World Cup (NES) Arc System Works
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) Square Enix
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES) Konami
Secret of Mana (SNES) Square Enix
Seicross (NES) Hamster
Smash Ping-Pong (NES) Nintendo
Sonic Advance (GBA) Sega
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) Nintendo
Super Ninja Boy (SNES) Culture Brain
Tetris Attack (SNES) Nintendo
The Legend of Kage (NES) Square Enix
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES) Nintendo
Trauma Team (Wii) Atlus

maxcriden

Every time you post that list ;___;

Makes me want to get a JP Wii before they shut off the store. Sigh. You know, it's games like Rainbow Bell Adventures that really bum me out. I just wanna play games that never came stateside.

Javier

Considering that they've constantly told us that NX will absorb Wii U architecture and the NNID system will continue, I for one do NOT expect VC titles to be drip-fed again on NX.

Richie

Considering that they've constantly told us that NX will absorb Wii U architecture and the NNID system will continue, I for one do NOT expect VC titles to be drip-fed again on NX.

My expectations as well...Except I do expect drip-fed for platforms not supported now, such as the inevitable Gamecube VC.

maxcriden

The late great Iwata Satoru said:
It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130qa/02.html

Moon is correct. It's been said just once, well over a year ago. It's a pretty firm statement so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to change. You never do know with Nintendo, though. Much more context in the link above for those curious.

Javier

My expectations as well...Except I do expect drip-fed for platforms not supported now, such as the inevitable Gamecube VC.
Oh, I don't doubt we'll still get new VC titles in a 1-2 games a week, but I'm confident that all the VC purchases we made on Wii U will be available Day 1 on NX, and you will be able to download them as soon as you sync your NNID (Aside from a few isolated titles that may get removed due to legalities).

What I really wonder is how Wii U eShop titles will carry over. I'm expecting all Wii/Wii U controllers to be compatible on NX, so it really shouldn't be an issue.

Fair enough, but given it's all the info we have at this point I'm going with that.

maxcriden

Oh, I thought it meant they'd add it as DLC or a patch down the line. So it basically means there's unlockables, most likely the costumes & amiibo stuff that's also available to unlock in the game.

I posted this is the E3 SMM thread as well, and it was wisely pointed out to me there, too, that this could just mean the costumes. The wording in the disclaimer makes it sound to me like it could mean design elements as well, but we'll see.

SerTapTap

NOA is crazy terrible. Since they almost only use the VC as a marketing tool I guess we'll be getting Metroid Zero Mission only as marketing for Blast Ball

sörine

Banned
I'll gladly take the dripfeed for NX again if removing the blur/dark filter and weird input lag issues are part of the bargain. Also if they get Sega, Konami, SNKP and arcade platforms back on board.

maxcriden

sörine;172099258 said:
I'll gladly take the dripfeed for NX again if removing the blur/dark filter and weird input lag issues are part of the bargain. Also if they get Sega, Konami, SNKP and arcade platforms back on board.

Don't say that, amigo. :) You deserve both removal of the filters and lag *and* no dripfeed for stuff that we've already seen released twice/thrice on various VC services over the years!

Top Bottom