• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

jayu26

Don't mind if I do!
tumblr_li46pe1m8I1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

The PS4 share in the USA is 36% of total worldwide sales.
As of March 2015 which is the last sell through number we had for worldwide

ST_zpsycdbpjq9.jpg
One point, though. The slope of worldwide sell-through is higher than that of U.S. sell-through over the entire length of the graph. That means the U.S. as a percentage of worldwide sales is constantly going down (it was nearly 50% last spring). In the past 3 months it will have declined below 36%, making PS4 worldwide sell-through slightly higher. We should see this when Sony announce numbers in a couple weeks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sure they were...and who are you to say they are not? The played video games on Wii. They're gamers. Many of them migrated to games on smart phones. Some of them migrated to 360 with Kinect. Some of them bought a PS4. They were gamers when they played on Wii and they're gamers now. Nintendo failed at bringing those people over to Wii U because that system is about as undesirable a product as you can make. For a non-traditional gamer though, smartphones are incredibly desirable. It's really not even remotely surprising why many who bought the Wii are playing on their phones and tablets now. The games that appealed to them on Wii are best played on those devices in 2015. The Wii was the ultimate gateway to modern "casual" gaming on mobile and tablet devices. Most Wii owners haven't stopped gaming.

Agreed with this, I should have been more clear. Hence the quotations around gamers. The majority I believe flocked to the mobile/tablet market more so than the usual casuals for consoles. And there is a good percentage i am sure that never picked up a game again went to other mind occupying things.

Thus why their console returned to the pattern of decline, and they could not cash in on the ones they had that moved to phones and tablets, because of the price and mobile convenience obviously.

Family Computer/NES
Hardware 61.91 million units

Super Family Computer/SNES
Hardware 49.10 million units

Nintendo 64
Hardware 32.93 million units

Nintendo GameCube
Hardware 21.74 million units

Wii
Hardware 101.52 million units (that most probably went to mobile or pinterest ;))

Wii U
Hardware 9.54 million units

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/

You remove the Wii and Nintendo consoles have been a steady decline. And the Wii U may hit that same pattern if they axe it abruptly like the Wii when it hits a wall, and then launch the NX later next year. Which is why some of the things they have been saying/deals with Amazon seemed to be mobile focus for them for at least a unified ecosystem.

I am very interested at what they will come up with, because I think they know for that Wii success again, they need to see why and where those people went.

Javin98

Banned
It's 11:30 a.m. here and still no pies? Damn, IIRC, this is around the time we got 'dem pies last month. Oh, well, I'll still be craving for pies. And since last month we had strawberry pie before Cream's pies, today we'll be having apple pies! With ice-cream!

IP0311_Paula_Apple_Pie_Filling.jpg

Etnos

Banned
Glad to see the xbone going up!, say what you will about MS.. they sure are trying.

Overall decent up for the industry this year, awesome news!.

Never finished a zelda game? I'm impressed. That's gotta be some sort of record :p
I'm in that club too! Love Zelda games, really love a few like Wind Waker and Minish Cap...but I've never ever finished one. Still enjoyed the crap out of Hyrule Warriors (which I did "finish").

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So if we run that with the OP statement of Arkham Knight topping City's 1.5 million:

677,490 for PS4 unbundled, 422,510 XB1 unbundled, and... 400K bundled PS4s?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In that case we must have gotten something wrong about Arkham City, or what NPD is reporting here includes something else to get over that hurdle.

Top Bottom