• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown gameplay debuting next week at gamescom

Hopefully no ea or ubisoft in the gamescom presser

EA has already been confirmed, just waiting on Ubisofts confirmation. I don't remember a year where the two didn't have a conference but since its only a week and Ubi's hasn't been confirmed yet, I think they're skipping it.

I was skeptical about gameplay being shown, but there it is! Can't wait.

If they play their cards right, the Crackdown IP could be huge.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Next gen starts when Crackdown releases. Cannot fucking wait. Adored both games. Yep, even 2. Come the fuck at me.

I hope they kept and expanded upon the idea of each boss providing some specific benefit to the enemy gangs as a whole, so that by taking down each target the open world gameplay is changed up a bit - enemies using unmodded vehicles when taking down the car boss, or weakening enemy reinforcements by taking down their weapon supplier, etc.

It was a great idea that wasn't explored nearly enough.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I hope they kept and expanded upon the idea of each boss providing some specific benefit to the enemy gangs as a whole, so that taking down each target changes things up - attacking with unmodded vehicles when taking down the car boss, or weakening enemy reinforcements by taking down their weapon supplier, etc.

It was a great idea that wasn't explored nearly enough.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but they could run Crackdown 1 through Unreal Engine 4, slap a 3 on the title and I'd buy it day one.

iMax

Anyone want to speculate as to who the developer for this might be?

A bunch of Cloudgine employees seem to follow (and be followed by) the same groups of people on Twitter, most notably, key employees in publishing and production roles from Microsoft Studios and engine and licensing staffers from Epic Games, creators of Unreal Engine 4.

The same can be said for people at Sumo Digital, who just happen to be hiring for a AAA project in Unreal 4, for physics programming and server-side roles.

Microsoft have worked with them before—most recently with the Fast & Furious Forza game. I know they're predominantly a racing studio, but it all seems to (kinda) add up.

Could this be our developer?

o12JyeX.gif
lmfao

soul_zora

Banned
I have this bad feeling that there will be a rage because the game is always online, although we know that since day 1. And the press will point that no matter how good the game could be.

862133.gif

All we need now is a cross-platform PC/Xbone Crackdown 1 rerelease before next years assumed launch. Or at a minimum BC for the Xbone. Great co-op series and I hope Crackdown 3 is more like 1 than 2. Though, I'll keep the gliding, that was dope.

Chris1

The destruction better be some amazing shit with how they've been hyping the power of the cloud up. You've got once chance to show it to us MS, don't fuck it up.

Mechazawa

I wonder if they'll take anything from Crackdown 2. I know it's not an amazing game, but stuff like the magnetic tethering, the ragdoll gun and wingsuits are the type of dumb shit I want in a Crackdown.

If the level of environmental destruction is even close to what they've hinted at, and they combine that with the gameplay that made the first Crackdown great, this could be a truly amazing game. Can't wait to see it.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but they could run Crackdown 1 through Unreal Engine 4, slap a 3 on the title and I'd buy it day one.
That's a possibility too, right? It wouldn't be strange to re-release the original Crackdown before the new one hits. Or just remind people that they can play it with the bone's backwards compatibility I guess.

hydruxo

First game was such a blast, second game...not so much. I'm definitely interested in seeing what this new one is like.

iMax

That's a possibility too, right? It wouldn't be strange to re-release the original Crackdown before the new one hits. Or just remind people that they can play it with the bone's backwards compatibility I guess.

Maybe they'll announce Crackdown 1 backwards compatibility will be live right after the demo.

The first Crackdown was so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm hoping it's not an always-online MP focused game though. Hopefully it can still be played solo offline. With it using the cloud though, that may not be the case.

I am ready. I hope it is a 2016 game. Recore, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Scalebound and Crackdown please.

If you want to be extra nice throw in Sea of thieves.

What? One of the least boring games of last gen. A true sandbox full of emergent gameplay and cool mechanics, none of that scripted shit that is GTA V's mission design.

Maybe a game of its time? My first exposure to it was through Games with Gold. The scaling was nice, but everything else was underwhelming.

If it's useful I happen to know that the game is being developed in the UK and is going to be pushing the cloud thing big time

Both those things are pretty widely known.

I am anticipating how much they're gonna integrate the online destruction. I really wonder how it'll work.

I want to see how they are going to deal with the cloud based destruction, if the game will be only always-online. But I don't think they'll announce that though.

Chris1

I am ready. I hope it is a 2016 game. Recore, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Scalebound and Crackdown please.

If you want to be extra nice throw in Sea of thieves.

2016 gonna be insane. Recore, Quantum Break, Gears 4, Scalebound, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3 and likely a few surprises..... That lineup is looking better than their already great one for 2015. God damn. Hope they all live up to their full potential.

Kayant

Am ready to eat crow if this works because am still have scepticism on whether we will see that level of destruction in game.

Top Bottom