• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

I've played it for several hours on Xbox.

The frame rate dipped for a second once, but that was nothing bad. However, it slowed to a crawl another time, when I used a turret to blow up a tank and kill zombies.

Other than that, it's been okay.

Ok after watching some of the streams I'd never recommend this version to whoever has the choice. The new UI looks painfully poor. A massive letdown.
Even having a dedicated button to bring up the map would've been better than this shit.
The missing online features are a shame.

Ultimately this looks like the worst available option to play the game.
If you have a WiiU, get it in it's intended and superior version, if not I still highly recommend the game, as even in this butchered port it's still one of my all-time favourite horror survival games.

Karak

My god. The FPS is 3...3 in 2 different places so far.

Also there seems to be a bug when a dead character interacts oddly with the geometry the framerate tanks to extraordinarily bad levels. Also weather impacts it, as does moving, and opening doors sometimes lol.

Talking to 2 reviewers in an IRC they got crashes. I did not which is nice.

Also there seems to be a bug when a dead character interacts oddly with the geometry the framerate tanks to extraordinarily bad levels. Also weather impacts it, as does moving, and opening doors sometimes lol.

No crashes here, in about 5-6 hours.

NateDrake

Sounds like they didn't fix some of the issues from the Wii U version, if this is the case. Damn shame. It's like Ubisoft doesn't want this game to succeed on any platform they release it for.

Vena

Sounds like they didn't fix some of the issues from the Wii U version, if this is the case. Damn shame. It's like Ubisoft doesn't want this game to succeed on any platform they release it for.

With the fanfare this got, its going to sell orders worse than it did on WiiU. The reviews are likely not going to help it given what we've heard so far (and seen with that god awful UI).

Just stick to the WiiU version. This seems like a downport.

- No GamePad or similar control device. On-screen thingy doesn't fit in the game's style at all. Looks tacked on.
- Terrible framerate at points
- No real graphical update.
- No MP.
- Not able to leave messages for others.

Yeah. This is a bad port.
Ugh.

SURGEdude

This is a wierd port. On one hand it looks a tit better than the Wii U, and sometimes runs better as well. On the other hand there are some serious dives I don't remember from the original. It seems to have a better overall FPS but far less consistency.

Karak

This is a wierd port. On one hand it looks a tit better than the Wii U, and sometimes runs better as well. On the other hand there are some serious dives I don't remember from the original. It seems to have a better overall FPS but far less consistency.

As I said in my review. New highs...and new lows. With the latter being the most noticeable.

Corpekata

Banned
Has it even been released anywhere on PC yet? Couldn't find it on uPlay or Steam.

No, it's only up on some region's console wise so it's likely they just hit the release early. Probably the morning still for PC and some console regions.

Mask

Watched my younger brother playing this on PS4. Looks like your character doesn't have a shadow, only the melee weapon has a shadow.

Phantom Cricket Bat.

5vzKHWG.jpg

SparkTR

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm sticking with the Wii U version. I can't believe they're charging $20 for this.

Plasma

Banned
Sounds like this was a rushed job, I'll wait to see if they fix it in a patch before I buy it. Not expecting them to though it is Ubisoft after all.

ElTopo

Banned
The lack of a dirty lens effect isn't a big deal. I do wonder if the PC version is any nicer. But I am concerned that it's still not available on Steam for pre-order.

Linconan

Loved it on WiiU, and loving it on Ps4.
Works well without the WiiU Pad.

Haven't had any problems, so far.

If you or your Friends die, can you still raid/recover each others backpacks, and/or be notified when and where they've died, like the WiiU?
Please tell me they haven't cut that out of the Port, please......
That was awesome on WiiU

shaki123

Loved it on WiiU, and loving it on Ps4.
Works well without the WiiU Pad.

Haven't had any problems, so far.

If you or your Friends die, can you still raid/recover each others backpacks, and/or be notified when and where they've died, like the WiiU?
Please tell me they haven't cut that out of the Port, please......
That was awesome on WiiU

To my understanding, they left it out. You cannot find any killed friends. Almost everything that made this game unique has been stripped off.

knerl

Whats this about leaving notes for other players? Is it similar to Souls series?

Was a while since I played it now, but unless I'm wrong you can only spray paint pre-made symbols to indicate what may or may not lie ahead. You can't write by free hand.

greg400

Banned
So Wii U version has:
- better effects
- more consistent framerate
- local multiplayer
- gamepad functionality/superior UI

lol

EGM1966

Sounds like cheap port from initial impressions/media. Pity, I hoped Ubi were trying to take the franchise forward by expanding the platforms and would have invested enough in port to make it a good ambassador for the game.

Looks like they just decided to try and squeeze some quick bucks out of the game instead. Real shame buy Ubi gonna Ubi I guess.

Death of a franchise that never got to become a franchise?

What about PC - any word?

shaki123

Wait a minute. You are kidding me. They seriously cut that part out?

- No Gamepad or similar device. Map looks tacked on and removes immersion.
- Certain visual effects have been removed.
- You cannot find and loot any killed friends.
- You cannot leave messages for other players.
- No multiplayer
- Framedrops.
- Game crashes on consoles.

Roo

So Wii U version has:
- better effects
- local multiplayer

lol

Dirty lens and chromatic aberration being "better effects" is subjetive tho.
Some people might appreciate their absence in other versions.
Other than that, Wii U version remains the definitive experience, yep.
They dropped the ball hard with this game.

knerl

So Wii U version has:
- better effects
- local multiplayer

lol

It doesn't have better effects on WiiU. They removed an exaggerated smudge filter for Zombi. Love the original, but honestly I like it better without it. Made certain scenes awfaul since you couldn't see shit because of it.
The use of the gamepad does not equal a superior UI by the way.
Say what you want, but the gamepad is not what made the game great. It left the original crippled in some ways.They did however fail to create a fitting UI. It takes up too much space here it seems.

greg400

Banned
It doesn't have better effects on WiiU. They removed an exaggerated smudge filter for Zombi. Love the original, but honestly I like it better without it. Made certain scenes awfaul since you couldn't see shit because of it.
The use of the gamepad does not equal a superior UI by the way.
Say what you want, but the gamepad is not what made the game great. It left the original crippled in some ways.They did however fail to create a fitting UI. It takes up too much space here it seems.
Whatever, then make believe I said removed effects, as Alistair said already it's opinion based. Not even gonna bother responding to the rest of this, people always gotta find some shit to argue about.

knerl

Whatever, then make believe I said removed effects, as Alistair said already it's opinion based. Not even gonna bother responding to the rest of this, people always gotta find some shit to argue about.

Yeah. Then don't post opinions as facts.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I feel bad at how badly this port of Zombi U is faring since I know people who worked on it, that is disheartening.

Top Bottom