• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

I had no idea there was a new manhole there. The game never told me or gave me an indicator on the map -- at least not that I saw.

I wasn't expecting it to teleport me right back to where my body was, or even to the point of no return. I just wanted to fast travel to the palace undergound and work my way to the elevator again. But it wouldn't let me do that.

It did the first time I perished in the point of no return, but not afterwards.

You aren't the only one, trust me. I had to google it too because I was sure I hit yet another bug :)

cchum

You aren't the only one, trust me. I had to google it too because I was sure I hit yet another bug :)

Did anyone else get the game breaking bug by dieing in
the arena
? It keeps telling me to go back to the safe house, but i've been like 17 times. I like the game otherwise though.

prudislav

got patched yesterday in steam - still not ideal ... seems like the biggest problems the game has are still not patched
from readme:
3.5. Known issues

Some FPS drops may be noticed while:
⦁ Entering areas such as Buckingham Front or with a lot FXs displayed at the same moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.6. v1.1 Update

⦁ Bug fixes and stability improvements
⦁ Fix for flickering texture on mini map

got patched yesterday in steam - still not ideal ... seems like the biggest problems the game has are still not patched
from readme:

Maybe 3.6. is a fix for the major stability issues?

Did anyone else get the game breaking bug by dieing in
the arena
? It keeps telling me to go back to the safe house, but i've been like 17 times. I like the game otherwise though.

Weird... have you tried to go to the arena again? I didn't die there so I can't say.

So how much better is this then the original ZombiU because I have ZombiU but I could get this one to play.

Dunno if it's better or worse because I didn't play the original, but I thought that the PC version was superb hindered by technical problems.

Erudite

Can anyone comment on how the PS4 version compares to the PC version? PSN has it for $12 CDN while Steam is $18 CDN. Wondering if it's worth saving the $6 to go on PS4 if they're virtually the same.

And/reas

Neo Member
Man I am pissed! I knew the game was buggy but I can't even change the resolution from 720p to something better without crashing the game on my Laptop. Looked for a solution online but had no luck.....

Late to the party I know but just want to say how fucking disgraceful the bugs in this game are.

How can a remaster, re-release with the same game breaking bugs as the original?

Six hours in, I get to the Church, finish the mission and (I'm an idiot I know) fall down the ladder to my death. Apparently if you die before the next mission kicks in it's over for you, the game is bugged and won't give you the mission when you respawn.

So I read up online and there are countless (try, shitloads) of angry Wii U gamers on the official Ubi forums reporting this bug and many others.

Two days ago, I think screw this, I'll try again from the start. Only takes me 4 hours to get back to the same point. I successful remain alive getting back down the ladder from the church and guess what? The game doesn't give me the next mission anyway.

I do some more reading and Wii U owners also reported this bug. It didn't matter whether you died on the way back or not, it's simply a game breaking bug that the devs knew about leading up to this re-release but thought adding 'bonus content' which included an alternate pixelated logo on the menu screen and stickers for your cricket bat were more important.

Cheap game or not. To re-release a game and keep the game breaking bugs is simply not acceptable.

Ludens

Banned
So, I was playing today and I quitted without saving because I had stuff to do. When I started the game again I woke up like a man with my inventory empty. I was a girl before, with my inventory full of medipak and a rifle: all gone. I tried to backtrack where I quitted but there was no survivor. Also I died a bunch of times in a sewer because my character put the backpack up his head but he wouldn't turn it back even when I left the water, there was a ladder nearby but I couldn't interact with it. PS4 version here.

I'm going to fucking lose it.

Right at the end, I die, respawn, absolutely impossible to go back to Buckingham. All shortcuts are re closed, and the only way back to Buckingham is barricaded.

Really mad right now

SomTervo

Right at the end, I die, respawn, absolutely impossible to go back to Buckingham. All shortcuts are re closed, and the only way back to Buckingham is barricaded.

Really mad right now

I've no idea what you're talking about - but look up on this page. It looks like at some sort of end-game scenario, if you die you've got to use a specific manhole to get there? It locks all of your routes except this one obtuse way to get back.

Really mad right now

Like SomTervo said, it's not entirely obvious that you have to actually find your way back there from unexpected way. I was as confused as you were.

Helicopter

xrnzaaas

Really mad right now

I had the exact same problem. Almost gave up on the game. It's a design flaw imo, because there's no reason why some paths become suddenly closed.

Tuffty

Spent 7 hours on the game and made it to the arena. Got to the point where I was told to get out and I was taking care of a few zombies when one comes up behind me and kills me (there was absolutely zero movement on the mini map behind me, leading to think the game just spawned it there to fuck with me). Loading screen happens, I get a gold trophy, Prepper tells me he doesn't trust me or something and then back in the safehouse and there's no mission objectives telling me where to go. Check my mission list, there is only one about collecting the letters. Went back to where I died, got my supplies...nothing. If I look on the map it tells me to take a shortcut to the safe house, I go to the safe house, it highlights the short cut again telling me I need to go.

Looked it up online and yes, it was a known bug with the original which was eventually patched. How the fuck does that bug allowed to continue in a port? It blows my mind. Anyway, 7 hours was enough for me to be done with the game completely and never come back to it.

Top Bottom