• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Max QL is the only thing I am looking forward (I'll ignore the omission on that post) because it looks like the ballsiest game that is coming out soon.

What's makes it the "ballsiest game", the fact that it's another game that copies the Ubisoft open world formula?

I think you can design emblems for your car so you could probably paints balls all over your ride.

I think it looks fun but there's just so much else coming out at the moment that I can't justify the time until later in the year.

0AwTkfT.png

Brad/Jeff MGS quicklook?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Again!?

You've been playing MGSV this whole time!?

I got a hold of it a matter of hours before my PAX flight and put maybe 5 hours in. Just barely getting a glimpse at it and then having to stop is part of the frustration, on top of needing to play a ton of it for coverage and basically not being able to do my job properly.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Guys I don't want to be spoiled or anything. I just need a link which allows me to watch the PAX Rumble.

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/13599216

it will be up on GBU in a few hours if you want to wait on youtube player.

I got a hold of it a matter of hours before my PAX flight and put maybe 5 hours in. Just barely getting a glimpse at it and then having to stop is part of the frustration, on top of needing to play a ton of it for coverage and basically not being able to do my job properly.
I'm surprised there weren't assholes at PAX screaming spoilers at everyone.

O; Oh wow, atleast you got to taste the game early. Can't wait to see your guyses coverage!

I'm never going to get to play it again at this rate.

I was going to say something about playing DOTA to kill the time but I realised that's not even a possibility.

Time for you to record yourself at home with no power for three hours and upload it as a new Breaking Brad.

The timing of PAX kind of countered any benefit you would have gotten by getting the game early. I look forward to Bombcast discussion, regardless. Do you plan on recording the podcast on Monday?

I was going to say something about playing DOTA to kill the time but I realised that's not even a possibility.

Time for you to record yourself at home with no power for three hours and upload it as a new Breaking Brad.

Remember the GOTY videos where there were no video games? it's like that. exactly like that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This sounds like power outages are common in San Francisco. How often does that happen? I can maybe remember 2 outages in my life.

just out of curiosity, what version did they give you?

bigkrev

Throw your PS4 in a bag, go to Starbucks, plug it in, and Remote Play the game with a Vita.

hey brad

it's metal gear solid 5 good so far?

Explosions and great ones at that. Gritty with amazing atmosphere and environmental design along with its high speed action makes it ballsiest, yes.
The shadows and lighting in general seem great, and as mentioned the explosions are best in class.
eHoY2XM.gif

The more I see of early footage the more I want to play it but as mentioned other games take precedence and I just don't have the time right now. Such a silly release date!

Explosions and great ones at that. Gritty with amazing atmosphere and environmental design along with its high speed action makes it ballsiest, yes.

Did you get that from the back of the box lol? It looks pretty average in a lot of ways to me, seems like Shadow of Mordor with cars and no unique schtick like the Nemesis system. I look forward to playing it but I just thought that was kind of weird way to describe this game.

faridmon

I can get that most of that with Just Cause 3 and odds are it will be a much better game.

Sure, if that is your stance then you can wait until December.

Personally I am not fan of the 2nd one's gameplay, but I gather its populer. But Mad Max looks loads of fun.

Did you get that from the back of the box lol? It looks pretty average in a lot of ways to me, seems like Shadow of Mordor with cars and no unique schtick like the Nemesis system. I look forward to playing it but I just thought that was kind of weird way to describe this game.

I was asked why I thought it looked ballsey and tried to describe the best way I could...

Sure, if that is your stance then you can wait until December.

Personally I am not fan of the 2nd one's gameplay, but I gather its populer. But Mad Max looks loads of fun.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Just Cause 2 but 3 looks really great. Hopefully Mad Max proves me wrong but anything I've seen of it so far just looks rather bland.

faridmon

The shadows and lighting in general seem great, and as mentioned the explosions are best in class.
eHoY2XM.gif

The more I see of early footage the more I want to play it but as mentioned other games take precedence and I just don't have the time right now. Such a silly release date!

Yeah, I was sceptical as well, listening to Jeff's impressions, but watching that 70 mins footage made me just really mess with it. Looks like a blast!

Luckily for me I don't care much for MGS V (After the disappointment that was 4) so the release date is perfect for me!

Numb

eHoY2XM.gif

Haven't paid much attention to Mad Max(loved the movie) because of MGS but looks good whenever i see it. Wish it released earlier.Will check it out later tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom