• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

If they make another Allstars game, I hope it would not be another Smash clone, maybe more like Power Stone series. Hell, get Capcom to do it. And it has to have much better roster.

On the contrary. If they make another one, make it an actual smash clone. All Stars was way too different. Ring outs are a must. A decent budget behind it would do wonders too. The UI was atrocious.

Bloodrage

Banned
Already been discussed quite a few times that GT7 wont be at PGW. The owner of GT Planet confirmed that.

It's most likely going to be at PSX.
He's probably right. But I'm not sure how to feel about it. In one hand, GT is biiiiig in Europe, so PGW would be a good place to show it. In the other, PSX would be a more fitting place to show it, since GT is the biggest PlayStation franchise ever. GOW and GT7 would be eeeeepic there.

unless they have rebooted that franchise as something different, then i'm not sure GOW4 is the way to end anything on a bang. critics seem pretty fatigued on the IP, as do most people in general.
"Most people"? lol

You do know the reason the IP is alive and well is because most PlayStation gamers buy it, right? Not sure how vocal minorities suddenly count as most people. Their opinions don't matter in deciding the success of an IP. It's a new God of War on a new console.

Best believe it will be massive.

Corpsepyre

Banned
unless they have rebooted that franchise as something different, then i'm not sure GOW4 is the way to end anything on a bang. critics seem pretty fatigued on the IP, as do most people in general.

I think it's evident they will be experimenting with something new. Ascension hinted at an Egyptian setting in the works. I want something more than fucking Greek myself. Really want to see what happens after Kratos's body is missing at the end of 3. Endless possibilities. Maybe Cory is working on his original idea for the series (different mythologies).

MBS

Banned

Not a reboot really., We really need to know what happened after the ending of GOW3, right?

Even if it's still Kratos, Santa Monica studios pushing the PS4 hardware with it's beloved franchise is definitely a bang. A huge one at that.

KORNdoggy

Kinda hope Jim Ryan wont do the presentation. He seems like a nice guy but on stage he really isn't the best. Feels so unsafe. Michael Denny on the other hand is pretty good.
Or they bring out some new guy like Asad at E3, he did his job pretty good too.

i don't like either of those guys. tbh i like very few sony big wigs (or MS for that matter) they all either annoy me or just ooze "douche" out of every pour. tretton was great becasue he legit got excited when he announced something big. like he had a child-like giddiness to him. and shu is awesome for similar reasons.

they should just get shu to do the whole thing tbh. screw his broken english.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I don't care if God of War 4 is the exact same game it's always been as long as it's not Kratos.

Umm, the series needs a change of setting and gameplay more than a change of main character.

If they can fit Kratos into a whole new world, with new mythological figures, and do so properly, whom are we to complain? Kratos is the face of the franchise, afterall, and changing someone like that isn't so easy,or desirable. It's not like it's Assassins Creed or anything.

KORNdoggy

Even if it's still Kratos, Santa Monica studios pushing the PS4 hardware with it's beloved franchise is definitely a bang. A huge one at that.

so another "the order"-like spectacle that looks amazing but not much else?

graphics are great, they're going to push those whatever they're making. but ascension saw the series sales plummet and reviews weren't exactly glowing...

it's much like the lacklustre reception for gear 4 when that was shown, i think a "more of the same" GOW will be met with disappointment no matter how nice it looks. it needs to do something more. just like uncharted 4 does (and seems to be with more open combat scenarios)

i have faith they will do that. and hopefully drop the 1 dimensional shouter while they're at it.

personally i don't even want to see the blades of chaos anymore. it's a played out combat system. give us something new with variety. GOW3.5 isn't going to cut it.

I really, really dislike Kratos as but I would tolerate him if everything else is changed/revamped. We need a fresh setting, combat further improved, etc...

i don't like either of those guys. tbh i like very few sony big wigs (or MS for that matter) they all either annoy me or just ooze "douche" out of every pour. tretton was great becasue he legit got excited when he announced something big. like he had a child-like giddiness to him. and shu is awesome for similar reasons.

they should just get shu to do the whole thing tbh. screw his broken english.

Layden is great (at least at this E3 he was very good).

And damn can't wait to see Santa Monica's project, it's going to be huuuuuuge. Between PGW, PSX and all the games coming out, it's really a great time.

KORNdoggy

Considering gameplay is one of the series strengths, no.

it used to be great. i'll give you that. but i'm not sure anymore. the blades of chaos were something unique when it first came out. i'd never seen anything quite like it. but each sequel put too much focus on those same weapons. yes you had others but nothing had the versatility of the chain blades so that's all you ended up using. the devs even became aware of that and gave you a bunch of variant chain blades in the third game. it was the shining point of the series and now it's doing more harm then good. it's pushed them into a corner weapon wise. and the chains are inherently linked to kratos. so they need to remove both imo.

we need a new character with some actual depth. get a voice actor with some range and get a writer who can come up with a legitimately decent story. i want last of us level character development and writing. more "RRRAWWWRRR, KILL KILL, STAB STAB, ARRRREEEEESSSS!" storylines are just going to fall flat.

so another "the order"-like spectacle that looks amazing but not much else?

graphics are great, they're going to push those whatever they're making. but ascension saw the series sales plummet and reviews weren't exactly glowing...

it's much like the lacklustre reception for gear 4 when that was shown, i think a "more of the same" GOW will be met with disappointment no matter how nice it looks. it needs to do something more. just like uncharted 4 does (and seems to be with more open combat scenarios)

i have faith they will do that. and hopefully drop the 1 dimensional shouter while they're at it.

personally i don't even want to see the blades of chaos anymore. it's a played out combat system. give us something new with variety. GOW3.5 isn't going to cut it.
While I agree overall with what you're saying and they do need to freshen up the series much like ND is doing with UC4, an ''order like spectacle'' isn't even a possibility.

This is Sony Santa Monica's main studio we are talking about. Not Santa Monica helping a studio with their first triple A game (Ready at Dawn) nor is it a side studio working on a prequel of all things (God of War Ascension).

By the way God of War Ascension was received badly because it wasn't a main line game, that didn't have a particularly interesting or meaningful story to tell. A staple of the franchise which are the set pieces, were close to non existent as it was a more grounded game.

It was also something nobody ever asked for. A prequel. (We already has more than enough with the PSP games).

Having said that, it had great gameplay.

eFKac

Just took my tickets for thursday. Can't wait to try PlayStation VR (first time accessible to the public in Europe and USA, right ?).

No, it was available for the public in EU before iirc on smaller events.

Is also available this weekend on Warsaw Games Week (where I'm gonna try it for the first time, so excited :-D)

Edit. Sorry for the double post.

I want the new GOW to be in a norse mythology where you play as a brutal viking dude hunting monsters and gods and you can travel by sea. I really want that.

Turkoop

Banned
I can remember the last finance result of Take Two, they said R* want to bring 2016 a new Game, so maybe PGW is the time for it, or maybe PSX ?!

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think a lady protag for a new GOW in a new mythology would be extremely cool.

That first bit is going to annihilate every fan.

I want my GoW to have a hulking, testosterone-ridden mean-spirited bastard, pillaging and burning his way through the game. Just how it is.

mejin

The Cage is ready.

Dk4o6V9.jpg

AAMARMO

Banned
Sony:paris Games Week press conference predictions

Likely:
Hitman
Dreams
No Man's Sky
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
PlayStation VR