• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First 18 Minutes of Xbox One's Below - IGN

ASIS

Looks fantastic!

That some really interesting camera work, I don't think i've ever seen something like this. It's not top down but it's definitely not isometric either. What is this camera technique called?

Hey folks! Nathan from Capy here.

1) The game is coming to Xbox One & PC/Steam. Past that we can't comment.

2) We know that games' been floating around a while since announcement, and we're working hard to get it to you. We take our time with our games and don't release them until they're ready... which sometimes means a wait. Hopefully better game >>> faster release. We don't have a release date set but the game is really coming along.

3) If you're watching the video in a little youtube viewer, its going to be tough to see details, for sure. If you're watching / playing at full screen in 1080p, we believe you'll get all the detail you need.

If you have questions, I'll be around.

2) We know that games' been floating around a while since announcement, and we're working hard to get it to you. We take our time with our games and don't release them until they're ready... which sometimes means a wait. Hopefully better game >>> faster release. We don't have a release date set but the game is really coming along.

3) If you're watching the video in a little youtube viewer, its going to be tough to see details, for sure. If you're watching / playing at full screen in 1080p, we believe you'll get all the detail you need.

Nice. Thanks a lot for the information; your game looks stunning and I'm sure the hard work will pay off as quality content takes time.

Oh, and I'll add your post to the OP :)

ASIS

awesome job with the game so far!

But can you please answer my previous question?

awesome job with the game so far!

But can you please answer my previous question?

I'm not exactly sure what name is. Or if it has a name. It's not a real camera perspective. Sorta similar to Zelda LttP, we sort of mix a straight-on oblique perspective with another perspective to get what we want.

So yea, that was a total non-answer. Sorry!

I'm not exactly sure what name is. Or if it has a name. It's not a real camera perspective. Sorta similar to Zelda LttP, we sort of mix a straight-on oblique perspective with another perspective to get what we want.

Hey, I was just wondering if there's a download file for this gameplay footage? I think it'll be better to look at without IGN's/Youtube compression. Are you able to provide one if you have it (or give it to Gamersyde if that's ok?).

ASIS

Well I'm gonna study it and use it for my personal project anyway if that's alright with you, it's amazing.

Hell even the sound design is outstanding. Wish you all the best.

Can you talk about what has been your source of inspiration in the art design?
Visually, our artists were inspired by: Jon Klassen, Miyazaki, Superbrothers, various Zelda games, Caspar David Friedrich & a bunch of other classic painters, and a mess of other things.

Capy don't get the love they deserve. Nathan, your games are charming and full of personality, keep the good work.

We feel pretty loved, but we could always use more. Thanks so much for saying this.

hawk2025

C'mon people, get with the program. They can't say anything regarding other versions, no new information will be gained until post-release, and we already know what's going to happen based on their previous game. But nothing will be formally said until then.

Let's move on to the actual game! ...and that is to say, that I hope it comes out before the year is over :p It feeeelllssss like a December release.

Capy don't get the love they deserve. Nathan, your games are charming and full of personality, keep the good work.

And the soundtracks are always amazing.

Psoelberg

Visually, our artists were inspired by: Jon Klassen, Miyazaki, Superbrothers, various Zelda games, Caspar David Friedrich & a bunch of other classic painters, and a mess of other things.

Great, thanks for the answer. I can definitely see an interesting meeting between Caspar David Friedrich and Zelda. I really like how the team have decided to push the camera back, so the player get the feeling of travelling around the in nature that is big, dangerous and at the same time spiritual - just like the nature in Friedrichs paintings.

Wow....looks amazing! Read a preview in EDGE some months ago and it's on my wishlist ever since. Can't wait for the game to release. Very happy with the new footage, this ticks all the right boxes for me personally.

zashga

Cool, looking forward to it. Feels like this game has been adrift in the ether of "yeah that'll be cool" for a really long time.

Grief.exe

I've been super excited for this game for a long time, can't wait to watch this video in full.

One suggestion Capy, many PC gamers are now using DS4 as their controller of choice. If native compatibility is too expensive to implement, possibly include an option in the settings menu to use DS4 controller prompts.

DS4 should work right out of the gate, with the same layout as X360/X1 controllers on Steam. We know tons of folks are using it on PC, and we are too ;)

LewieP

Right so it pretty obviously is coming to PS4. In cases where Microsoft have secured indefinite Xbox exclusivity, they plainly state as much. Presumably the dev have just agreed to not mention a PS4 version for a given amount of time as part of the publishing/funding arrangement, and as such are sticking to their contractually agreed obligation.

I'll play it on PC or PS4. It looks great.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Not feeling it. Too slow for my taste, I got bored just five minutes in, forwarded a bit, saw a cave, a mountain wall, more of the same gameplay, turned it off. Yes, it looks nice (although the constant loading of new screens is annoying, I'd prefer a constantly streaming world) but that's about it. :(

Top Bottom