• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

So this is what they meant by those shots. PS VR.

rt63bNs.jpg

McE2ryT.jpg

Someone post em in the VR thread

Man, i got hyped there for second when Harada got on stage. Glad they put a stop to that by not actually announcing much. Wouldn't want to get excited or anything. /s

Namco pls

Dereck

AAK

Whose ever idea it was to make that SFV Harada troll should get a raise. That was pretty funny to be honest.

Doomshine

I didn't even expect them to confirm the console version and definitely not a release date/window after hearing about an arcade removing Pokken machines when they didn't think they would be able to make a profit before console version comes out.

That's just one arcade, but it seems like the mere mention of a console release makes arcade owners sweat bullets.

LowParry

That's just one arcade, but it seems like the mere mention of a console release makes arcade owners sweat bullets.

You'd think with how the cycle of Tekken works, we'd of seen an update with the Arcade first before they start talking about console. Maybe we'll get opposite this time? I have a tiny bit of hope now of seeing a 2016 release.

Dereck

I want to give MarkMan the benefit of the doubt. I don't really believe that a console announcement with no release date or window, without a second arcade version release date or window, was that thing to be exited about.

What happened here is Namco made an announcement that has zero commitment behind it. So, without announcing those two things I mentioned earlier, the game of deception and hush hush can amicably continue for them. They made that announcement without actually making that announcement, smart move on their part.

Yeah, they suck.

Just imagine, even if they announce a year, a year for even a console release, or the second arcade release, even if they were like yeah, it's coming out in 2017. That would have meant that Namco would have had to commit to that year, and they don't want to do that, and I'm guessing they don't want to because they don't really know when the second arcade version is going to come out. They don't know how much longer they want to leave Tekken 7 beta in the arcades. Sorry, I don't know.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just take my name out of it. At this point I'll just keep pushing the game like I always have and you guys can either enjoy it or not.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So... actual console screenshot or just from the arcade version? It's from the PS blog.

21901454354_c3eb4c4918_h.jpg

Don't know if it matters with how compressed it is. I'd guess it's just from the arcade version though.

Other stuff from the PS Blog:

The fighting franchise with more than two decades of technical level fighting and a deeply dedicated community is back with Tekken 7! It will be running on Unreal Engine 4 for the first time with highly detailed characters and dynamic environments. The home console version of Tekken 7 benefits from numerous modes along with an intensive canon storyline and many other enhancements to be revealed.

Tekken is celebrating its 20th anniversary with the latest chapter in the historic series. Continue the fight amongst the Mishima clan and its newest member: Kazumi Mishima. What secrets will be revealed within the Mishima clan? The epic conclusion will unfold in Tekken 7!

Under the leadership of Katsuhiro Harada, Tekken 7 continues to be developed by the Tekken Team at Bandai Namco Entertainment.

Stay tuned in the coming months for character reveals, new gameplay mechanics, and videos showing off all of the new and exciting features in Tekken 7.

I wonder if there will actually be new gameplay mechanics, or if they'll just be bringing console players up to date with rage arts and whatnot.

sasuke_91

I enjoy the beards.

Lol yeah. Same here :D

I wonder if there will actually be new gameplay mechanics, or if they'll just be bringing console players up to date with rage arts and whatnot.

I guess they mean the "new gameplay mechanics" in comparison to T6. Everything about this game is still "new" for console players^^

Good games Fraeon. I guess that's what you call straight mauling. Haven't been beaten up so hard in a long time.

Sayah

YJFNGO9.jpg

I got my banapasses, I can have up to three registered to an ID.

So awesome!!!!

Just take my name out of it. At this point I'll just keep pushing the game like I always have and you guys can either enjoy it or not.

Well, I'm happy they announced console version so thanks. :)
The facial hair customs also look really cool.

So... actual console screenshot or just from the arcade version? It's from the PS blog.

21901454354_c3eb4c4918_h.jpg

Graphics look improved.

I enjoyed the new trailer. Been enjoying a lot things Tekken since I have distanced myself and have been playing other games.

My only hope is that a Steam release is announced. With higher ups at Sony spilling thoughts of designing a higher powered PS4 to put on the market, and people are certainly displeased with how weak PS4/XOne are compared to even budget gaming PC's. I worry that a console only release of Tekken 7 could put them in a bad spot (and only convince them further to cater to the arcade market).

Fraeon

Good games Fraeon. I guess that's what you call straight mauling. Haven't been beaten up so hard in a long time.

It wasn't that bad in the end. Some of the matches were really close. Especially the one where I got a throw in at 0 secs and aced the match that way.

Was mighty rusty, dropped like half of my combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom