• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

It just seems so peculiar the way he specifically mentions the character models and roster complete while saying nothing at all about the gameplay.

And then there's also the fact that Tekken 7 is based on Tekken Revolution, a game where they specifically tested out the half - baked character Eliza who had blockable fireballs. I find all these things a little too convenient....and now Namco is also saying the name Tekken x Street Fighter will not be used for the final release. And making SF characters guests in Tekken 7 would certainly count as a "surprise".

And to top it all off SFV and Tekken 7 seem to be cross promoting each other like we saw at gamescon and now Paris Games Week. I guess we'll see :p It could all just be a coincidence and I'm just over thinking again.

sasuke_91

So I'm asking you AAK: Would you be Okay with the gameplay and the nerfs if this was indeed Tekken with Street Fighter guest characters? Would this be enough innovation for you?
Would this also justify the recycling?

And I'm begging you, please don't get your (and my) hopes up. You're just going to be disappointed :p

AAK

I can't answer that until I know what the arcade update entails. Will Tekken 7:BR have new mechanics? Or will it be the same but with the new characters + SF characters? If the TxSF scenario is indeed a DOA+VF model where it's T7+SF guests, are the SF characters just shoehorned into the Tekken system with none of the 2D defining gameplay elements like full-screen zoning, Y-axis gameplay, clear distinctions between grapplers/zoners/shoto's/rekka's? There are too many questions.

In the end, what I want from a Tekken sequel is for every character to have new tools that change their gamestyle. For example, seeing the new Dhalsim trailer show him have new Mortal Kombat mechanics (like flame carpets), new fireball arcs, new hover mechanics, etc. drastically change the way you play Dhalsim from SF4. I want the characters of the Tekken sequel to have new tools that drastically alter the way you need to use the character. I don't want to play the characters in T7 the same way I've been playing them in TTT2. If the arcade update can provide this I'll be incredibly happy. Bonus if they address this & the get rid of the troll customs.

Sayah

TKXSF might just end up expanding to cover more franchises than just SF. Maybe become a fighting game megamix of some sort. Or become Capcom vs. Namco.

I highly doubt it will just end up being SF characters in Tekken 7. He's talking about a title change in that article. I doubt that change is going to be from TKXSF to T7: SF Edition.
Outside of Gon, Tekken is not exactly keen on guest characters in its main entries anyway, whereas Dead or Alive already incorporated Team Ninja characters from different franchises (e.g. Ryu from Ninja Gaiden) and including VF characters wasn't too farfetch'd, especially when the control systems for DOA align rather nicely with VF.

GrayFoxPL

Harada, just show something, stop with this bullshit. We haven't seen a pixel from TxSF.

Just show 10 second teaser that says 2017 but for the love of Kuma, show anything!

Your words mean nothing now, and what's this bollocks about game was already announced so it's boring to put it on the shelves? Is this a joke? I'm supposed to believe the game is almost ready?

"We got this ready, we got that ready, we got polygons! I just want to make a big surprise!" - is this serious, or just stalling because nothing's finished?

ZKgi4r.jpg

It was announced 5 years ago as a part of Fighting Festival. It's long over. You embarrassed yourself by putting the game in garbage bin while taking on other projects and actually releasing them. Don't remind people you actually announced the game 5 years ago.

Make a big fresh re-announcement! Pick any fighting game event and boom trailer!

What surprise do you want? Making the announcement on North Pole while Brad Pitt is dancing with the penguins and Putin is riding a polar bear in the background?

hJUVWac.gif

I can't answer that until I know what the arcade update entails. Will Tekken 7:BR have new mechanics? Or will it be the same but with the new characters + SF characters? If the TxSF scenario is indeed a DOA+VF model where it's T7+SF guests, are the SF characters just shoehorned into the Tekken system with none of the 2D defining gameplay elements like full-screen zoning, Y-axis gameplay, clear distinctions between grapplers/zoners/shoto's/rekka's? There are too many questions.

In the end, what I want from a Tekken sequel is for every character to have new tools that change their gamestyle. For example, seeing the new Dhalsim trailer show him have new Mortal Kombat mechanics (like flame carpets), new fireball arcs, new hover mechanics, etc. drastically change the way you play Dhalsim from SF4. I want the characters of the Tekken sequel to have new tools that drastically alter the way you need to use the character. I don't want to play the characters in T7 the same way I've been playing them in TTT2. If the arcade update can provide this I'll be incredibly happy. Bonus if they address this & the get rid of the troll customs.
This is what I really want to see out of this game. The good parts of 3D mixed with the good parts of 2D to make a new type of fighter, not just 2D characters in a traditional 3D game.

What surprise do you want? Making the announcement on North Pole while Brad Pitt is dancing with the penguins and Putin is riding a polar bear in the background?

TxSF actually coming out in a reasonable timespan and being any good would be very much enough of a surprise. =/

MikeMyers

The PlayStation version of T7 is meant to have exclusive content, maybe that will have SF guest stars? Would make sense since SF4 is PS4 console exclusive.

Sayah

Tekken 7 is going to suck visually........because people like Degen can't help themselves and will create customs like this. :/

rfnm67A.png

lupinko

I didn't know other artists besides jbstyle were in. Bamco promoted jbstyle over the others, anyway there's also Junny, Shunya Yamashita, Tomio Fujisawa along the aforementioned jbstyle.

I bring it up because I got Yamashita panels today along with a Halloween themed life bar.

X0o3ltf.png

xaeyE2Q.png

So I got for panels right now:
jbstyle: DJ, Jin, Kaz and Law
Shunya Yamashita: Lili and Kazumi

Numb

Sorry, can't add in Tekken 4 King hair.

Hey, but did you add in the toy mallet? Yeah, we're good.

That' serious business that toy thing
I didn't know other artists besides jbstyle were in. Bamco promoted jbstyle over the others, anyway there's also Junny, Shunya Yamashita, Tomio Fujisawa along the aforementioned jbstyle.

I bring it up because I got Yamashita panels today along with a Halloween themed life bar.

X0o3ltf.png

xaeyE2Q.png

they had a panel and showed like three artists were doing art or something.
Lili one seems familiair to the old one but Kazumi is new.

Dereck

The customization department in the developer building is random as fuck. No idea who's controlling the ideas over there.

Numb

Wanna know who asked for all the weird customs.
A pizza on your back? never remember asking for such a thing.

sasuke_91

Kazumi's 2D concept art looks great but it could be soooooo much better as far as the 3D model goes.

Same for Katarina and Lucky Chloe. Lucky Chloe's concept art (especially the early ones) look really cool.

Sold my PS3, so no more Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for me.

Now I'm just waiting for Tekken 7 to hit my PS4.
You bought a PS3 because you said you wanted to get good at Tekken and now you sold it again? That's not how you're going to accomplish that goal :p

GrayFoxPL

X0o3ltf.png

xaeyE2Q.png

Speaking about panel arts, Tomio Fujisawa did the most badass arts for Tekken 5/DR cards.

These should be the panels for T7 too.

Persona had cool ones too:

Qc9Kyma.jpg

jWYrBbX.jpg

Btw does anyone know where I can find bigger res of this art, preferably without the white shadow?

tldnMGB.jpg

Sold my PS3, so no more Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for me.

Now I'm just waiting for Tekken 7 to hit my PS4.

Whole 3 hours of playtime down the drain!

lnRucAS.gif

Numb

Speaking about panel arts, Tomio Fujisawa did the most badass arts for Tekken 5/DR cards.

These should be the panels for T7 too.

Persona had cool ones too:

Qc9Kyma.jpg

jWYrBbX.jpg

Btw does anyone know where I can find bigger res of this art, preferably without the white shadow?

tldnMGB.jpg

lnRucAS.gif

gonna need the pachi and Mokujin arts of those Gray

Numb

Sorry, not for Kazuya, but I have them for Heihachi, Jin, Jack, Nina, Eddy, Asuka, Feng, Miguel, True Ogre, King, Mokujin, Lili, Alisa, Julia, and Lars....

Here you go:

ExCoefs.jpg

thx man. I already HAD that one. I ws thinking if they had ones for T5.

Pachimari

You bought a PS3 because you said you wanted to get good at Tekken and now you sold it again? That's not how you're going to accomplish that goal :p
I just can't become a "pro" at it, and I have nobody to play against locally who know what they're doing. I'll start over with Tekken 7.

I played it more than 3 hours. :p

We didn't get to play even once Mad
I'm sorry. We'll meet in Tekken 7. :(

sasuke_91

I just can't become a "pro" at it, and I have nobody to play against locally who know what they're doing. I'll start over with Tekken 7.
That's kind of true, but was that your goal all along? Tekken is already pretty fun at lower-mid level. If you set the bar too high you'll never be satisfied.
I sucked really hard when I came here, now I suck less. That's something. And TekkenGAF in general doesn't have any "real" pros.

AAK

Also very true.

Something really went horribly wrong when they tried to model her...

and on the topic of old concept art, i just realized Capcom hella borrowed from Shaheen's previous concept for Rashid:

SNLuPXh.jpg

Replace the footwear on the far left with Sandals and make a white attire color scheme and wala.

lupinko

Something really went horribly wrong when they tried to model her...

and on the topic of old concept art, i just realized Capcom hella borrowed from Shaheen's previous concept for Rashid:

SNLuPXh.jpg

Replace the footwear on the far left with Sandals and make a white attire color scheme and wala.

Nah, Bamco and Capcom both ripped off AM2.

ISWl270.png

lupinko

It's good to at least practice combos and get the feel of your characters at home even if you can't play against other players. It'll give you some idea on how to play.

Pachimari

Oh man, I thought you were my crew. =(
You guys gotta have mercy on me.

I will practice in Tekken 7 as much as I can, especially now that it'll be 1 on 1, and then I will have to practice with you guys and with random players online in order to get at least a little bit better.

After I had been practicing with boutdown, I did feel I improved a little in Tag 2. Especially with movements and parries with Marshall.

I feel like i've certainly improved a bit after playing the folks in thread.

I'm a big fan of training online. It might not be perfect, but i just about remember how it was before when you could only properly train twice a year by going out to meetups. It was awful.

av2k

Korean girl#1(Alisa), Korean girl #2(Lars)

LOL! Those are awesome tournament names. (thumbs up)

Speaking of tournament names, did anyone ever sign up for a tournament under an alternate name?

The Spirit of Billy Mays was my alt. tournament name for about half a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom